Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircode abuse - help needed

• 29-10-2022 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I hope this is the right category. I live very remote without neighbours, about a year ago a caravan was moved illegally into the bog near my house (the owner reported it to NPWS, council etc but nothing was done so far, it's SAC area, hen harrier breeding ground). The guy who lives there is a drunk and very aggressive. However, he has gotten hold of my Eircode and is using it for parcel deliveries. I refuse to accept them and told the courier/postie that that eircode belongs to my house, not the kip in the bog.

Since that guy moved in there is a Garda presence here, lots of shouting etc. So much for the background.

I have told him a couple of times to stop using my Eircode, I am no shrinking violet but that guy is mental. And he doesn't stop.

What can I do? He has a lot of previous convictions, including drug dealing, and I have no intention of being connected to any of this shite through the use of my Eircode.

Any advice? Thank yiu

Homo homini lupus est.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

The eircode issue isn’t really going anywhere - he is using a nearby eircode to help identify the delivery address where presumably he doesn’t have one.

Unless they are the land owners, NPWS or a local authority won’t really have any role in the matter. The SAC/Hen Harrier is unlikely to be of any significance either.

From what you say, the individual is trespassing on private property. The owner of the land will likely need to commence legal proceedings to have him vacate. Unless he can encourage him to leave otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

are you telling couriers that the parcels are not for you and directing them to the caravan? If you are then stop doing that. just tell the courier they don't live here and send them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,090 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Eircode is public information, it doesn't belong to you.

If it is helping couriers get to the right place, it is being used correctly.

but it isn't getting couriers to the right place. it is getting couriers to the OPs home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Report it to the Planning authority. The are obliged to act on reports within so many days (can't remember how many, but about a couple of months) and his caravan is not legit. They may not be able to do that much themselves but are likely to put things in motion with the council. Not a perfect solution but likely to be as good as you will get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Sigyn

I did, back in April and apart from an initial email reply, I heard nothing back. And yes, I did follow it up with calls and the file number given but was told it's "under review". Since April?

The Eircode thing is more serious for me than it may appear to some of you. I live in the middle of nowhere. He has been done for drug dealing in the past and he has parcel sent to my house. I refuse to accept them but still, they've got my eircode on them.

Homo homini lupus est.

"A Chara

Planning Enforcement wish to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence dated 05 April 2022. A file has been opened for further investigation into this matter.

The reference number is EN**/080, please use this reference number for all future correspondence regarding this issue."

Thats the email in its entirety sans name of Council Officer and full ref number.

Homo homini lupus est.

I did the first two times it happened but not after that. I just said "no one by that name here, I am not accepting delivery".

Homo homini lupus est.

It belongs to my house. I live in the middle of nowhere and if you put in my eircode in GPS you land on my doorstep, NOT his.

Homo homini lupus est.

do it enough times and they might stop using your eircode.

• Advertisement

Homo homini lupus est.

Thanks for all the input.

Homo homini lupus est.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hey, I can use your eircode if I like. Why come on here posting about it call over to me I'm a minute or so walk away from your house. I'd also like you to stop announcing to the public about my past.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Warned.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,376 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I know what I'd do, but I would be banned for suggesting it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Considering the couple in Kildare who where refused planning permission for a small house yet went ahead and built a massive house without planning are still in it after over 10 years later I think you think the planning laws are effective. In this country if you've got a thick enough attitude there's no consequences.

OP all you can do is refuse the packages or burn them. Getting a different Eircode, if it was even possible, won't stop the person from using it and our Gardaí aren't that stupid, they know who do most crimes in a an area the problem is there's no consequences for the culprits when caught.

I hear you! There is only so much Jasmin tea and meditation :p .

Homo homini lupus est.

OP all you can do is refuse the packages or burn them.

If the OP burns the packages it will be criminal damage to someone else's goods. OP just say no one here by that name and don't accept the packages.keep saying it. keep refusing the packages. The courier will soon get tired.

Also write to the courier[s] by regd mail and tell them not to deliver anything for [joe bloggs] to your address

deleted

SoulWriter, thank you. I wouldn't accept anything that isn't for me anyway. I just keep telling couriers that no one by that name lives in my house.

Homo homini lupus est.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Good chance they are leaving them at your house and he's going up when you aren't around to get them. Set up a camera. All you can do is make planning enforcements life hell until they do something about it. Keep ringing and asking for updates on the file. Any update, what actions have the council taken since the last time I called, what actions are they planning on taking next.....

Thanks, that is a huge help! I'll do just that!

Homo homini lupus est.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Does the land owner ever spread slurry?

Be awful if the caravan was given a coat.

Advertisement