Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl making excuses to not do something, which means they will never do it, but it will damage them in the end.

Ta, I'll have to hear all about it when the damage occurs.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's the significance of the hill on the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nothing really.

We used have an older 1.0 litre car and it used struggle with the hill at times.

I probably was overthinking things and for some reason I thought it might be a little difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The weather cleaned up so said I'd get the dogs walked. Headed out walking for about an hour and ofcourse when I was 5 minutes from home it absolutely lashed rained. Clothes and shoes completely soaked through

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The overuse by businesses of the word ‘Artisan’.

the butcher near me has reopened after a fancy refit and is now advertising itself as an ‘artisan’ butcher…

everything is the same apart from the nicer decor and new uniforms..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Exactly the same as the term "hand cut" as in "hand cut sandwiches". I mean, how is someone supposed to cut the sandwiches, between the cheeks or their arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

In tesco earlier, bumped into about 10 people I know.

Once would be fine but kept bumping into them.

After two times it just gets a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

the comedown

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Every weekend "disruption to city services" no reason, no idea what to expect and real time?? 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This happens a lot with the 404 from Galway to Oranmore. 2 mins before bus, bus doesn't arrive, next bus 35 mins??? What probably has happened is the bus came earlier than expected and left before the real time estimation, but bloody frustrating sometimes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Having a family member in hospital is a stressful time probably as much so for the family of said person at home as they don’t first hand get to see or experience what’s happening, how said patient is feeling etc aside from visiting … it’s worse though when said patient starts acting a bit like a Hollywood diva 🫣🤪 and has various others going through presses, drawers, cabinets at home for xyz….

all of a sudden we’ve received a list of dema…. No, requests for….various differing confectionery, books ( he has a library ), specific items of clothing ( grey cardigan with blue trim etc ) he has more clothes then Louis Copeland ffs… certain bespoke toiletries and so on…

he was not taken in, in an ambulance, it was a scheduled procedure with weeks notice… so why not before have a damn list of what you want to take in, prepare, pack and go…. Should be home in a few days thankfully as health wise things are well, but sheeet, with the demands……the rest of us will be needing respite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭jacool

..... bet the prices are different! For me, the annoying word "Artisan" translates as "more expensive"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta, ppl who don't just say NO, when they cant or don't want to do something they are asked to do. but say things like I will do it later and don't or don't respond.

Its easy to say(gender fulfilment issues aside) just say No.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When work colleagues send you an email about something and assume it's no longer their problem - until maybe the day before (if you're lucky) whatever it was that was needed is due, you then get a follow-up email or phone call asking if it's sorted. The assumption being that after the email has been sent to you, you will definitely have seen it in amongst all the other emails you have to deal with and will have immediately prioritised it above everything else. All this nonsense could be avoided with a simple phone call or visit to my desk on day one - at least then both parties can walk away from the conversation knowing what needs to be done and whether it can be done in the agreed timeline. Maybe this is a generational thing, but I find the younger generation are quite happy to discuss everything over instant messaging rather than have a face-to-face conversation - I once recently worked in an office where people who sat directly behind me within earshot would send me (and others) simple instant messages rather than actually speak the words. 😤

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The headache I've had since this afternoon. Painkillers aren't touching it. Not helped by the fact that my mam invited the family for dinner and 17 people are currently trying to talk over eachother in the kitchen. And that's not even all of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Temporary Mobile traffic lights set up along the street outside a new estate.

Normal routine is Green, Amber and then red, followed by a period of time to allow the last cars go through the one lane section before the other lights go green

It's not more than 25 meters, but the pause where both lights are red is about 30 seconds. 30 seconds of both sides of the lights waiting like fooking eejits

Yep, you better believe it,

sticking with SuperValu and my other regular butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Slow cooker recipes that need to be started on the hob. Get in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Car loads of kids pulling up at end of street for trick or treat.

We live in a big enough Dublin suburb ,not like our next door neighbours are 5 miles down the road.

If it's too far for you to walk stick to your own area.

I'd understand if it was raining, but it's a dry mild night here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Looks like my OH's dog is on its last legs and might have to be put down.

He has never taken to me, he is a stubborn ould sort, and he wouldn't be my favourite dog either but I am overcome with emotion, especially since I am bringing him to the vet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I forgot about trick or treaters visiting.so i give money instead. Went to the shop for sweets and now they’re all finished. But im eating the sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stupid Google. I get a notification to say that I've reached 50% of capacity on my gmail account. I try to download stuff saved on Google Drive and guess what, Google won't let me. Stupid Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Watching the Now TV app and the same Energia ad has played during every single ad break. Maybe Energia are raising their prices just to pay their advertising costs.

Also I really shouldn't be watching food related YouTube vids while on a low carb diet. My belly is seriously rumbling now for the want of a big chicken fillet sandwich :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Met Éireann app. Checked it at lunchtime, not a drop of rain until 4. Walk the dog at 1, pisses rain.

• Advertisement

a bit fed up of tuning into various sporting events / fixtures these days… to find one team or participant getting royally shafted by a referee, umpire or relevant designate official…

watching the football and Napoli give everything, away against a tough Liverpool team…they are for 70-80% of the fixture the better team..

they can’t buy a foul yet are blown up for everything by the ref.

Liverpool at the time of writing have had two players booked, should be by my reckoning 5 or 6 but the incomprehensibly clownish ref seems determined to facilitate a rather physical tactic on their behalf to stop their excellent opponents…

Liverpool grab a scrappy late goal.. so it’s worked…

the fûck is it so difficult to get ….properly competent officials in sports ? 😅🫣🥱

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement