Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liz Truss' Handset hacked and 1yrs Comms downloaded

Options
  • 29-10-2022 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭

In a story that calls back to Simon Coveney's claim of being hacked (and his schoolboy effort at security)

News has today broken that whilst she was Foreign Secretary, that Liz Truss' Handset was breached. That at least 1yrs worth of Comms was downloaded including messages re: Boris and likely of messages that would leave her open to political pressure.

Where this gets even more concerning? Is that Boris Johnson and Simon Case were made aware of the breach and hushed it up to allow her run for Conservative leadership and PM.

It was bad enough when the Tory's were ripe with Russian money, but this?

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it reeks of corruption, collusion and in the effort to suppress the news of the breach to allow Truss become leader? Even Treason!

Liz Truss's personal phone found to have been hacked during leadership contest

Thought to have been hacked by Russian agents suspected of working for Putin

The downloaded messages included private exchanges with Kwasi Kwarteng

Also included up to year's worth of messages, some top-secret about Ukraine

Source told Mail on Sunday phone was so compromised it is now in a locked safe

In an additional bit of snark of my own... Given that Lavrov and Putin had access to anything interesting on Truss' phone?

They were speaking from experience when they called her an idiot weren't they?🤷‍♀️

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm surprised they just didn't walk up to her pretending to be mobile phone inspectors.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does handset mean smartphone 😶

How much of parliament knew, and how much influence does this mean Russia might have had on her selection as PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

David Cameron is still pals with Rebekah Brooks. I would imagine that any security breach is entirely the fault of GCHQ in Cheltenham, it is their job to make sure MP's phones are not being hacked. Anyone knocking around Westminster would have a bat phone for starters, especially government ministers. It sounds like the type of garbage the Sunday Mail are well capable of.

Everyone's phone is monitored and hacked by whatever software is out there. She was hardly texting her family to let them know the new enigma dialogue for Sandhurst.

Nice story, but all UK mp's have been wary of this since Murdoch started tapping them.

Putin could give a crap about Liz Truss's personal mobile, he might read her naughty texts for a giggle to unwind with a bottle of his favourite Stoli of an evening, " Anatoli, send me those dirty jokes that the ugly blonde one was sending her lover last month, filthy bitch " as he laughs hysterically into his armchair. He wouldn't have the time or the energy, you'd think anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

Well I wouldn't turn Truss down myself. At my age I wouldn't mind a cougar as they say.

Back on topic, the Tory government has been a total calamity in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Of course he (the Russians) gives a sh*t about Truss' mobile. MI6 report directly to the Foreign Secretary. She would have been in receipt of the highest security level intelligence collected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Yep, her smartphone was compromised and rather than release news of it during her tilt at the leadership?

Johnson and Cabinet secretary Simon Case (closed😉) then invoked either section 5 or a DA to keep certain papers from publishing.

Given the paper that broke cover with the story is a Tory leaning one? I'd hazard that it's being leaked now to take heat off of Braverman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Where can you see the contents? has it been made public?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

At a guess? The Lubyanka 😉 or within whichever faraday silo GCHQ are keeping the handset itself in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

In all truth of things not really? Politicians would be briefed by civil servants, but I think anyone with genuine experience of the powers that bind a country would recognise that it is the civil servants who are pushing the buttons and reacting to policy dished out from above. Britain has zero appetite for war as things are and I would highly doubt it, if even in her role as foreign secretary, she is mainly fire fighting media and making handshakes. It is her executive who are actually privy to the ergonomics of how that department is being run. I would say a cabinet ministers job is to stop the house of cards collapsing whilst appearing like they have a clue what is coming next, sure they spent the last 3 years swigging cans of larger and chilled wine in the garden behind number 10? They make sure it looks like they are adhering to mandate and strategy generated from their manifesto. Her personal phone be just family crap and I would imagine an hilarious insight into her personal interests.

I would say the worst Vladimir had a chuckle at was her benign opinions on who she wouldn't mind having a piece of at the next conference. She is an accountant ffs, how she nailed a job in diplomacy is astonishing.

I can't see her being as unprofessional as to share confidential elements of her workflow either, I would imagine blabs don't go far in politics. As I said in my previous post they have bat phones for government related comms.

Has this crap gone any further than the Mail on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

"I can't see her being as unprofessional as to share confidential elements of her workflow either"

You'd be among the very few.

And as crazy as it sounds, yes, world leaders text and even WhatsApp each other about State affairs. An exchange of text messages between Emmanuel Macron and Australian PM Scott Morrison about the highly sensitive submarine deal that went sour which caused a diplomatic spat was leaked.

You'd imagine that Government security agencies constantly impress that this should not be done, but it happens nontheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

And yet our own Minister for Justice opened a TikTok account, despite security fears expressed at the access it gives Bytedance, a Chinese company and leaves it open to "pressure" from the Chinese government to share all it's user data.

In 2019 the Pentagon, US Navy and Army banned it from being installed on US government phones due to cybersecurity concerns. Has Helen installed it on her own government issued phone, and is that a security risk given that Minister for Justice is one of the most important roles for security of this state?

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Shows politicians everywhere are idiots sometimes.

99% of these "hacking" cases rely on the moron opening some link or video that anyone with some cop-on, especially in their position, shouldn't.

is it really surprising that it was the imbecilic Truss who was compromised in this case....

she will be the quintessential pub-quiz question in 10 years time.

What a fcuking turnip.

Much more simple IT security guidelines not followed at all it's that simple. I would have all their phones locked down. Anyone important gets a burner phone and encryption key verification. Both ends.

Nope. Just a few cherrypicked examples to shut down criticism of the Tory party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Come on trumpy, you have the truss treasure trove of saucy pics........ share :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They are worse than lard-arse Angela's. Not recommended. What was seen cannot be unseen

• Advertisement

Ah, she wasn't a bad looking lady at all IMO. Shame she was such an idiot.

Advertisement