Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three new plans unlimited calls, texts and 5G data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

Is the three hero plan 15e and includes 5g, or is the 5g an extra 5e a month?

I've seen conflicting plan promos on their site.

Also is the Lyca SIM 5g throttled at all or same bandwidth as Three? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭1992ChainGang

It includes 5G, but i've been finding it pretty inconsistent, drops to 4G and even 3G from time to time (I live in South Dublin).

Overall pretty good and I'm sticking with it, 15 quid is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

Thanks for the quick reply. That's great that it works good for you.

Maybe look into selecting LTE only in your mobile network settings and it won't revert to 3g.

Just wondering when ordering the SIM if you got the same plan options as I posted above? When I go further with the order there's an option to add 5g data for a fiver a month. It's the hero plan also, not the standard 15e plan by mistake. Just very confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Their FB page says offer open until Nov 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Cheers for the tip on LTE only, didnt know that was a thing!

I actually went in to the Three store and switched there because I've had issues porting my number over before. It was done really quickly and straightforward, I found the plans on the website confusing as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

+1 on doing it in store. I changed from Vodafone to this plan on Sunday, and was ported within 10mins.

Have had pretty consistent 5G coverage since (Dublin city centre mostly). Will be travelling this weekend and see what it's like on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is that for new people to sign up or does the offer end for all existing people then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭tiegan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Can you use the €15 credit to make International phone calls or enter games?

I am with 48 and considering to switch due to poor net connectivity on the motorway.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

I too am wondering if the €15 can be used as play credit like you could years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

It took a couple of hours for me to port from 48. I messaged 3 on twitter. They said it failed and asked for a 48 account number. I didnt have any but provided Contract Summary Number and that enabled the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Just on 48, tried to call a number in Germany expecting to hear the "you do not have enough credit please top up " voice, but instead, it got through! Amazed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have a few 3 prepay SIM's....could I use one of them to sign up to this then put the Three SIM in my iPhone? Currently have GoMo €9.99 SIM in the iPhone 13 Pro Max and no 5G, would be nice to see how fast it is on Three 5G!

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

There is no credit. You topup with 15 euros, you get your 28 days of service, 15 euros gone, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

Anyone know if you get 5G roaming on this plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

I tried to switch from three billpay @€32 a month to this but it wouldn't let me, so I contacted chat, they said only for new customers.

I asked what can I get and they offer to switch me to billpay @€20 for 6 months and €30 for the next 6 months.

I said forget it I am happy to move to prepay and only want to pay about €15 a month max for my phone.

They came back again with billpay for €10 a month for 6 months and €20 a month for the next 6 months, so €15 a month, 12 month sim only contract.

Said after 12 months I am a free agent again.

Pack of knackers the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

What's the data on that? Free all calls?

On 20 a month here, unlimited calls but data at 10 I think

From Three: Your 99,999 MB NATIONAL DATA has been successfully applied to your account. Allowances will be renewed on next monthly allowance date. Check usage and options at www.three.ie/my3

From Three: Your 24,848.18 MB ROAMING DATA has been successfully applied to your account. Allowances will be renewed on next monthly allowance date. Check usage and options at www.three.ie/my3

Got those in texts shortly after

Sounds good. What is the plan name please?

• Advertisement

Thanks

I'm not sure, its not on the website. I had to haggle with them on their online chat.

So I'd say go on chat and ask to switch to the €15 month prepay then when they say no ask whats the best bill pay they can do and if its not €10 for 6 months and €20 for the next 6 months tell them you are leaving.

Actually I just looked at their website and I'm sure it was 3 Bill Pay Unlimited SIMO 12m they offered me, which was €20 a month for 6, then €30 a month.

When I threatened to leave I got it for €10 and €20.

That plan is an extra €5 a month for 5G as an add on, so try get them to throw that in as well😁

Here you go.....

Thanks for all info.

You have 3 Unlimited Flex Max SIMO for 32.85 euro per month it gives unlimited call , text and data.

But you can move to below plan

3 Bill Pay Unlimited SIMO 12m for 20 euro for first 6 bills and €30 per month thereafter. 12 month contract.

New plan details

Unlimited Data to be used in Republic of Ireland (ROI)

3-3 Unlimited Local calls for ROI.

Unlimited calls or sms to any networks.

60 International units to make call or text to International countries.

26 GB EU data to be used while roaming in EU.

You at 13:07, Nov 3:

I want to move to a prepay plan for about €15 per month, do I need to switch supplier completely for this?

Read

Charanpal at 13:08, Nov 3:

Do you like to availed above offer of Billpay simo deal ?

You at 13:11, Nov 3:

no i can get better deals on prepay with other phone companies, so if you can't offer me a prepay deal I will change suppliers

Read

Charanpal at 13:12, Nov 3:

How about for 10 euro for first 6 bills and later next 20 euro for 6 months ?

Have those new Hero €15 plans been extended? I thought they ended tomorrow but no date on the website now that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

Seems to be gone off website now . I click on the link but different plan comes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Same happening here. Definitely gone unfortunately. They didn't even wait until the fourth was over before cutting it off.

I stand corrected. Whilst I can still see the plan, clicking on the link for it does not bring me to it!!

I got it yesterday, and the guy in the store said it ended yesterday. Strange if the case, usually they extend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Having just left three this week I dont regret it, no loyalty and just seems focus on new customers.

Id recommend going for it if you are going to avail of the new customer offers and then switch when over, have had a few issues with them over billing and accounts and overall would prob not recommend as a long term option

Advertisement