Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last night out (Sat), for the Jazz Festival

Options
  • 30-10-2022 11:38am

This is most definitely not a complaints thread.

Sweet jesus, it was like being back in the early noughties.

I've, honestly, not seen/felt such an upbeat and cathartic atmosphere in a long time, in Cork City.

I know that there will have been trouble around but I, for once, saw none. Everyone was out to let loose and have a good time.

It was fantastic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,574 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

There was a great atmosphere in town last night, lots of queues outside bars, but everyone in a great mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Fantastic night in town, Oliver Plunkett street was jam packed, great atmosphere, haven't seen it like that in ages.

I was in awe at the effort the lads went to. First time seeing so many guys out doll-up their oul'dolls

If Carlsberg did nights out.....😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Definitely seemed very busy and good natured around the town. Great to see. The lads especially looked dapper.

I love the costumes too, as the Jazz nicely aligns with Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There were some really interesting acts booked this year, too.

Alabaster Deplume was incredible in St Luke's yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Cork was hopping great weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Spent the day in St. Lukes, Alabaster Deplume and then onto Seun Kuti which might have been the most fun i've had at a gig for a long time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

We were out and about on Friday night, around the Imperial & South Mall Maldron. The former was pretty busy but we didn't like the music nor the drink prices (€7.20 for a Guinness - should have known better!). Moved to the South Mall Maldron which had a much more chill vibe, music we had been after and more reasonable drink prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Also, not part of the official festival, but Fixity played in Plugged Records on the Monday.

Absolutely mind blowing!

If you like experimental jazz, check this artist out. Local too.

Advertisement