Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

In Cork only the Oliver Plunkett St store (flag ship store) is selling the Pro. Picked. It up yday and ported from 3

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

Folks, any recommendations for who to insure these with? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mine is out for delivery with An Post, will be a long afternoon in work waiting to get home to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Stores generally clueless regarding Pixel phones....despite this being the 7th phone they've released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

It's not just that. They're clueless about almost everything. I could tell many stories about going into the same store multiple times and being told totally different things, depending on who you talk to.

When I used to be a massive HTC fanboy, I would go into Vodafone on the day of release to buy the latest device, and they would NEVER know about it. They'd then go out the back, and discover they had a few of them sitting there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I know it won't make it get here any quicker but I wish the GLS tracking would update a bit more. Nothing since they received it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

My 7 pro 256 delivery date keeps slipping. Today it saying Delivers 18 Nov – 30 Nov 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Pixel 7 with buds arrived from gls just now

Ordered on the 15th, arrived in mailboxde on the 19th

Has anyone insured their device yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm putting my (unopened) Google Pixel Watch (non LTE) on Adverts as I have no interest in it. I am thinking of letting it go for €250 and think that is a fair price for someone that might want one for Xmas to save €100 and takes my 7 Pro to €650 which is what I was prepared to pay for it.

I see others going for practically full price, and don't understand that, but anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcdunne1

I've put an offer on this, very keen!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

I was thinking of going loveitcoverit as it's €10.24 per month including accidental damage. That's for the 7 Pro, the 7 is €7.39 per month.

Yeah I'd seen that alright, might hold off a week or 2 to see will Vodafone update their list to include the new pixels as its 9.99e

Is anyone else having trouble with Google wallet with the 7/7pro?

"Your phone doesn't meet security requirements"

A bit ridiculous that Google phones can't use Google wallet, or is that just me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Just you. Have you set a fingerprint and/or PIN/password on your device? If you don't have one of those forms of security active, you can't use Wallet.

Have fingerprint enabled and pin enabled, just like my pixel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

Think it can be an issue if device was unlocked using face unlock rather than a pin or fingerprint as its not as secure since it only uses the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

GLS delivered my P7 Pro and ear buds today, they picked it up from Mailboxde.com last Thursday, so similar to others, one week turn around and went the long route via Germany -> Cech Republic -> Germany -> Ireland.

Will try factory reset, hasn't used face unlock yet

• Advertisement

It must be a great phone, hardly anyone on here complaining about it :)

Reinstalling Google wallet fixed the problem

Camera is unreal on the pro, first phone camera that significantly beats my eyes for text over distance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

i cancelled 3 pre orders on the pro 7 before the free watch pre order ended.. but then ended up caving in and buying a hazel 128gb off adverts 100 euro off new price.. i wouldnt say its dramatically better than my 6 pro but it does feel a little nicer all round.. i sold the pixel 6 pro to cex this morning for 405 euro.. i probably could have saved money by buying a new one, with the free watch and sell that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

sounds good, so you got the pixel 7 pro for 799? My transaction, 899 with a google watch, which I sold for €250 (fair price= I think vs. €379) made the watch €670 (after mailbox.de charges). Guess it comes down to whether the €130 is worth the hassle. I'm guessing that people that got the 7 Pro with the free watch, and managed to sell the watch for anything resembling my €250, made profit of €130 by selling the phone so.

Either way, you got a great phone for €799 instead of €899. All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah came with a decent case and pre installed screen protector which is pretty good.. anyway no money in buying and selling phones 😂 at least my wife has given up caring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've had it a year, I'll probably get the eight, so I took off the screen protector and running naked.

Fingerprint yok working every time, all the time.

It wasn't too bad before but now, it's a memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The pixel pro 7 is great but I'm actually liking the watch more. It's not perfect but looks very slick and performs well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tompson

Has anyone put a decent tempered glass on it? I can't find one with good reviews on Amazon

Not yet on pixel 7 pro but I have on my 6 pro. The whitestone dome tempered glass has been excellent. Really smooth and no fingerprint sensor issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

When I ordered my 7pro from Germany the watch was out of stock. The claim your gift primonoage opens tomorrow, but I saw it mentioned no forwarding sites. Hoping it'll be okay anyway.

Anyone else in the same boat or have any suggestions? Only got the phone for the free watch really!

Advertisement