Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

For the first time I didn't get caught up in brand image, I moved from a lovely A6 into the Born, just because it was available at short notice. Miss the looks of the A6 both inside and outside and the general upmarket feel of it, which the Born doesn't have. When the A6 Etron is available and if I'm in a position to buy it, I'll have my name down early. But I'm defo sticking with EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

Regarding the low trade-in offer versus the VW one that’s on the forecourt - there’s an awful lot of EV’s sold on PCP into middle-class Ireland on some foolhardy notion that the depreciation is far lower, and in some case non-existent.

those cars are on low-interest in-house PCP, whereas in the 2nd hand market, finance is provided by traditional high-interest car loans, and a €55k car would have been €30-35k 2nd hand, roughly.

bottom line - it’s going to be very hard to sell EV’s coming off 3yr PCPs on the 2nd hand market at the prices people were told by salespeople that they’ll achieve.

I’d expect your experience to be matched by all EV drivers as they exit those PCPs on €55k medium SUVs that they sold their €35-45k Qashqai, Tiguan, Kodiak for.

ive got EV ad’s saved on my DoneDeal and Carzone for months in some cases, all priced too high/not selling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Question re climate control,

So all summer I was set at 19 and did me fine, I've noticed Im now needing 21/22 to feel comfy driving home. This is my first car with climate control that tells me the number its holding. Is it a mind thing, that I need 21/22 these days when 19 was fine only a few months back - I know its winter but I assumed 19 would do me no matter what.

Secondly is there anyway to completely shut off the vents from blowing without disbaling climate control - its like the little brezze from them is just annoying no matter which way I have it pointed, always feels a tad to cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Slide the vent fully to the left of right to close it. Can't remember which one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

You feel a little click if I remember correctly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

The set temp is all relative, if you get in from an ambient of 4deg c in the morning with a high relative humidity of damp cold air 19deg won’t quite cut it for a body doing no work and sitting down ….as eagerv said slide the vent to the left to close it.

Either way the beauty of modern ev’s is that we can jack the temp up to 21 and leave it be, it hardly affects range compared to a 24kw leaf where it made the difference of making it to a charger or not …I remember lads buying the Aldi seat heaters for the sv leafs without the cold pack to save using the heater …thankfully those days are long gone and it’s business as normal heating wise.

Driving this morning, went to tap acc speed control, and it just says acc off. Tap the button on the wheel I heard the sound but the dash just shows the acc symbol and the word off. Stepped out locked and back in same thing.

Anyone any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I understand what you are saying and I get it, but I thought a 30K valuation on a car that was in front of him and clearly needs nothing done to it was a bit cheeky. The Kia salesman did say that they were having a bit of a barney, so most probably doing it to try and scupper his sale.

Got to work, few hours later back in the car, working again - I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Standard issue just get used to it ,the software is s@#te..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Schäfer revealed that Volkswagen will launch ten new models by 2026, which includes an SUV version of its ID.3 all-electric family hatch. “We’re working hard to develop an additional compact SUV based on the ID.3 so that we can also launch a VW product in this fast-growing vehicle segment,” he said.

One recently-introduced feature that is likely to disappear soon is the touch sensitive controls on Volkswagen steering wheels ­– many owners really don’t like them. So steering wheels with physical buttons are likely to make a quick return to VW’s range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

My charging cable is completely stuck this morning. I’ve tried locking and unlocking the car a few times. I’ve tried letting it charge for a bit and then stopping and unlocking the car. I’ve pulled the emergency release cable til I’m blue in the face but nothing works. The Zappi is refusing to release the cable from the other end too so I’m completely out of ideas. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭pad199207

I may sound stupid here, but have you pressed + on the Zappi before you take it out?

Also when your taking it out push in first and then pull the cable out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Not stupid at all. For some reason Zappi wasn’t giving me the option to press + to release. Possibly because the other end was still connected.

I walked away for it for 20 minutes. Tried it again and it released no problem. Probably just another software glitch with the ID3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

So we had the delightful experience of a blowout yesterday. On a dual carriageway/ slip road coming off a motorway with no hard shoulder. And two five year old kids in the car - one with special needs.

I genuinely thought one of the wannabe formula one drivers coming off the motorway was going to take the car out of it. One did drive *inside* the warning triangle and barely managed to stop behind our car

we had the children out of the car and behind the barrier but it was a very nervous hour waiting for recovery and our lift home. It was dark when they came. Car is now in a garage in a different county about an hour away. I’m looking up AA membership now. Between the lack of a spare on the ID.3 and the other car is now almost 13 years old.

one person stopped to ask if we needed help and offered to bring us to a nearby hotel. A lovely woman - she actually turned around at next exit and came back to see if we were ok. So good of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Sorry to hear that fits. I hope you are all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

So we had the delightful experience of a blowout yesterday.

Was the tyre in bits or just punctured?

There is a “repair” kit thing in the boot and a compressor to pump it up again. It might have been enough to get you to a safer location or maybe even home.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Thinking of investing in a rim and setting up spare. Will take a lot of space but better than being stuck on roadside. What you guys think?

Even if you could keep spare at home it would be better than no having one.

• Advertisement

Read up on this previously but didn’t do it. I think you need a spacer to make it work.

I hope you are doing ok. What brand of tyres are on your car fits?

I genuinely have not had a puncture in a car in over a decade. Never had a blowout before. It just went pop. Rear tyre. Car did not feel remotely like losing control but we’d just come out of a roundabout so not at full speed.

I think it’s the Goodyear tyres. Car is 14 months old but has done probably close to 30000 km. it had been on my mind to check them ! Husband usually on top of these things so it went out of my mind.

Have Goodyear tyres myself. Got them switched around at the dealer recently at 26000. Must give them a good look over. They are supposed to be some sort of self sealing tyre but that’s no use with a tear. Must look at getting a spare. That wasn’t a pleasant experience you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

I'm ok with no spare,the amount of times one actually gets a puncture these days not to mind a blowout,as for blowout/ puncture in a dangerous place,f the tyre and possibly the wheel too drive on slowly until you can get safely off the road the cost a wheel and tyre is a much better propoSition than being blown away.

If anything similar happens anyone take note. Use Volkswagen breakdown assist. They have an ID specific number.

Details here it’s better than the one through your insurance

even better. Save this number in your phone.

1800 88 22 11

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Great it was a positive outcome Fits and thanks for that number 👍🏻

Second that the roads are an increasingly dangerous place these days, changing a wheel on motorway or busy road is something I’d rather not do, even with a spare I’d get it recovered to somewhere safe. I have a tyre sealant and inflater in the id3 just in case, jacking almost 2 tonnes also has its dangers as I found when the Zoe jack broke with the car in the air (rated for the weight but still gave way), last time il try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Wow! Was the tear on the sidewall or on the driving surface?

Unless you hit a few kerbs or the tyres were beyond legal limit (check the tracking) they should not blowout, obviously.

If they are the originals I’d be looking for VW to replace them, they should consider it a lucky escape it wasn’t at 120km/h it happened! 🫣

Ive had the Goodyears myself on a few cars and have always found them good.

• Advertisement

It was on the internal sidewall on the rear left tire. Couldn’t have been a kerb. You are right it should not have happened.

Advertisement