Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Cheers for the info, my dealer claims that the exclusive will be thin on the ground here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Dunno, didn't ask tbh 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭handpref

These are going to sell well and level the playing field if they can supply in big enough numbers.

I seen one the other day and thought it was a Seat Born- had to look it up to double check I wasn’t mistaken.

James from Cleevely EV has done his best to run his MG into the ground but hasn’t managed to put a dint in it, says a lot coming from an ev mechanic whose been there from the beginning of the ev journey. Reliability that would put other established brands to shame.

Spot the difference below- price diff could also be significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭John arse

• Advertisement

Looks like €40,820 for a base spec Seat 58kwh according to Brady’s.

€34,995 for the 64kw high spec MG

Only €30,995 for the mid spec long range - wait for it …

€27,495 for the 51kw entry version …

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Hi all,

For those of you who have placed deposits, typically how long did it take to receive paperwork from MG dealer in the post?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Got an email with contract to sign after 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭geo88

What’s the wait/delivery times on these currently?

• Advertisement

That’s not something which can be answered with any shred of confidence when it comes to MG , they have a horrible track record of making good on delivery times

Over the last 2 years Peugeot, Kia, opel and Citroen couldn’t get me a car and let me down due to to Covid, my first dealing with MG so will see if I get my car in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Took a look at MG4 in Galway last week.

There's no denying the value for money compared to IDs etc, but the one point I did notice that the front window corner panel (beside wing mirror) , looked like very thin glass, so much that I checked the drivers window from the top and compared to my own car, but here I didn't notice a huge difference if any ( not side by side).

I don't know if this was an optical illusion type thing or not, but just something, for some unknown reasons, stood out?

Also the usb cable from the bottom to the platform for phone, could have been done much better.

Small things, and compared to the competition, it's the best value out there by a long shot, from what I can see, only MG long term quality, depreciation and reliability maybe but with electric this is an unknown for all.

On availability, I was told another batch next Feb/Mar and then next Sep/Oct, which seems different to others here.

Also what's with the UK registrations on all these demo cars? (Galway/Cork at least)

Anyway in my case the deciding factor was the boot space, so I'll be holding on to see what the MG5 offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What type of car we're you looking for ice or electric or anything at all?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

never checked but i think usb cable feeds through hole to platform

on depreciation i hoping being ev will hold value, and the 7 year warranty give me piece of mind

first shipment is due end Dec or start Jan and was sold out

the english and irish are the same only software change miles to KM the irish cars will be shipped over with uk cars

i really like the look of the new MG5 if i needed the boot space it would wait for one

there is a issue in the UK with the car leaking oil which is a bit worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

That issue seems to be that an oil tank was overfilled in a large batch, and it's just the excess dripping out.

More worrying is that there's an unexplained bulge, warp in the undercar seal on a few delivered to UK

Edit: actually one of the reasons I'm happy to wait on delivery, seems to be a few small teething problems that hopefully they'll sort. Also there's software updates too that I'd rather have installed rather than return to dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Does it have OTA updates?

It's a Cupra, not a Seat.

An unregistered MG 4 passed me earlier on the Limerick to Shannon road, absolutely flaking it. No garage plates either. Tut tuts all round. Must have been one of Shiels obviously. Looked nice.

Apologies Mungret, I was working off the premise that Cupra is a branch of the Seat brand and that Cupra cars are made by SEAT under the Cupra brand name. I must be mistaken in that regard.

Anyway, back on thread. I had a look at one of these today and was very impressed, a lot of car for the money compared to the competition which are +10k more expensive. I think the fact that it’s a ground up ev may also help with badge snobbery. The alternative is to buy an ice car that will depreciate faster and entail a weekly trip to a petrol station to hand over hard earned cash. They have also priced it right imo.

• Advertisement

No more than Seat itself is a branch of VAG. The Born you pictured is made by VAG, note not Seat, in Zwickau, just like the id.3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Markbro1

That's the black one I assume. The green garage plate is on the dash - not very visible. I had a quick spin around the car park on Saturday. I was impressed by what I saw. The cars are Uk reg cars so possibly press cars/demos in the UK and now here so maybe not the easiest life. It wasn't falling apart or anything noticeably wrong or worn in the interior. My wife is on the list so I'll go back for a proper look and drive in a few weeks once things have settled down.

Yep, that's the one. Whomever was driving it wasn't worried about range anyway.

Edit: just remembered I have a dashcam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The Chinese have quite a few relatively affordable electric cars. It's good and useful to see some here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Markbro1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The car looks weird without that rear spoiler.

Anyone heard anything about PCP rates ?, it was 2.9% on the ZS but that was before three ECB rate hikes

MG ZS EV Long Range 3.9% Finance Offer

Drive away in a new MG ZS EV Long Range from as little as €358 per month with our 3.9% PCP finance* offer.

from MG website

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I was told by the MG dealer at the red cow the ZS can’t be ordered at the minute as they don’t have delivery dates from MG.

Anyone else hear same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭zg3409

It was mentioned earlier in thread and sake people told to try get customers to order mg4 instead

Advertisement