Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Possible Abandoned Cars on Road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭FazyLucker

That's odd. I got it a few weeks ago and it was booked for a few days later.

I thought those issues had gone away. Ringing them also works.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Notice went on both cars by the council ! One is gone because owner finally got it scrapped. The poor Saab is scheduled for pick up in two days.

Council is very efficient.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was an article last week i think, in one of the papers about a pragmatic approach being taken by insurers, etc. on out of date NCT.

but the article quoted a next available slot time in one NCT centre as being one month or so away - which was almost certainly the next available cancellation the time the article was written; which is lazy reporting.

Yeah, experiences are varying a lot. If you ring them, you can get ones for next day. Lazy reporting for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

suggesting the NCT centres are booked up to just one month away, is like suggesting you're only charging €50 for a pair of nike air jordans, when you're actually only offering that price to the first 15 people through the door.

and FWIW, i rang them; and waited seven weeks for a cancellation. you must have been very lucky if you rang them and got a next day slot.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think the key is to ring them every couple of days. You'll get lucky.....eventually. I was also lucky in that there was 5-6 centres within my radius. I'd imagine it would be different if focusing on only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Wait until you find out, that some cycle lanes, aren't official cycle lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

yeah, gone to a ditch. Banana Republic. Booked my NCT in October, date in late May 2023. I mean, how tf this is acceptable, explainable, or even possible in the modern world?! Applied for emergency twice, no response (coz everyone is applying for emergency). Most EU countries, its either a large network of licensed garages, or an establishment (just like NCT) where you drive to anytime it suits you, pay your fee, cue up and all is done within 30 min. Only in Ireland every childish non-problem becomes a national issue.

back on topic, I live in estate that also has been littered with a number of ditched cars. Parked there for years, nothing happens. If a visitor arrives and parks outside, clampers are happy to come and clamp fairly quick, if you ditch a car, nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I reported a van and car abandoned in the cul-de-sac beside my sister's house, they didn't waste any time as in less than a month the car was lifted and the van was moved to the owners garden.

I reported another car which had a thick layer of dirt/moss, flat tyre etc and they replied saying it was reported before and the owner claimed it wasn't abandoned so I had to take it up with Gardai as it was still on public road with expired discs. It ended up disappearing a few weeks later so I presume the owner got the finger out and did something about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement