Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Latest driver and vehicle stats

Options
  • 27-10-2022 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

It’s almost 2023 but the Department of Transport has published the 2021 Driver and Vehicle bulletin.

Over 80% of cars are taxed on the CO2 system now. Not surprising, given we’re nearly 15 years into the ‘new’ system.

Registered Protons and Rolls-Royces are holding steady at 12 and 7 respectively this years, same as the last few years.

Not even 500 Rovers left.

15 Leylands registered is puzzling me though. These are cars less than 30 years old. Australian imports? The last of minis listed incorrectly instead of Rover?

Horrified to see we still have nearly 3,000 Chevrolets left. I thought all the matiz and lacettis would be gone by now. I know one of the figures is a 2022 Corvette that was at the Gerard Murphy Memorial a few weeks ago.

Link below for anyone who wants to dig into to it.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cdc25-irish-bulletin-of-vehicle-and-driver-statistics-2021/

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Protons really. I have never seen one in the metal. What about Ladas?

Any Megane Classics left I wonder?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would have been nice to see the full brand breakdown per county, no Ferrari, Lambo, Rolls etc included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The file seems to have some bad data in it too. Posted about it in Classics too. 54,000 classics, 28,000 of them are diesels! A lot of those would be tractors but there are loads of Anglia’s etc in the database as 1cc diesels. Those will never be cleaned up.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Regarding Leyland, I'm also assuming pre-BMW Mini as they (along with the Maestro and Montego) had no marque from 1988 until the end of production. By the '90s it probably would have made more sense to use "Rover" but a lot of this data doesn't necessarily make sense :)

I occasionally see what I think is a red Proton Satria around Cork city (late '00s/early '10s). I'm guessing a UK import? Getting parts must be fun as this is all post-Mitsubishi stuff (they developed their own engines with Lotus).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The closest thing we have to the UK howmanyleft website is the NCT stats. Re: Mk1 Meganes

Number of NCT full tests (not necessarily passes) carried out on Renault Classics - 158

Number for Meganes 2002 and older - 891

Classics - 49

Meganes 2002 or older - 346

So still a good few about but numbers are reducing rapidly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Ye can add another Lambo to that when the crypto market picks up again

Advertisement