Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Mobile Sauna Business

Options
  • 30-10-2022 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I am starting a mobile sauna business. I have private property for the sauna to go on. There is no electricity or plumbing needed as it is wood fired with solar panels for the mood lighting. The sauna is 100% moveable if needs be.

Do we need to get planning permission for this? And also, if put it on wheels would that stop the need for planning?

what i compare to is a coffee trailer on private land - I don’t think it needs planning so maybe we don’t either?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

If you are not going to be in direct competition with this guy in Mayo, maybe make contact with him, he'll have some good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

I know during the COVID a few places put coffee trailers on private land along routes that became popular with walkers and got shut down over planning.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/604560/storm-in-a-coffee-cup-as-limerick-council-targets-unauthorised-mobile-vans.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm pretty sure these guys are on wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You would need planning to do something like this in a fixed location.

Putting something on wheels does not make it exempt from planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bigroad

How does something like an ice-cream van work,is it limited to the amount of time it can stop in one place,while doing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They are generally specifically licenced for casual trading in specific locations; by the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Laurel Tree

Hi,

i am thinking of starting a mobile sauna business too and I am doing a bit of research.

Did you find out any more about the planning aspect of it?

I am looking at land to rent and the idea would be to have a 6 - 8 person portable sauna but need to be sure I can get the planning before I commit.

I've also heard that it can be quite difficult to get insurance for the sauna- does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katu

Hi,

Am also thinking of starting a mobile sauna business in the south west region but don't know where to start.

Would really appreciate it if somebody could share some information on their experience on this topic.

I guess primarily - planning/permission and insurance.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Theres a guy who does one in Rush, Co. Dublin. He brings it down to the beach and the swimmers and kite surfers use it.

He parks it up in his garden a few hundred meters away at all other times and you can go in up to 10pm at night if you ring him. He sends out the times its open every week.

He gets you to pay for a years membership up front if you want to use it. Then you can use it whenever you want.

Ive never used it i was at the beach there last year with a friend who lives in Rush and we were asking him about it and how it works. He seemed to have plenty of people using it at the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement