Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening an ebs bank account

• 16-09-2022 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

has anybody opened an ebs current account recently?

Can you do this online or do you need to drop into the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You need to do it in branch, but have to make an appt beforehand, and it is a painful process. The cost of free banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭thebourke

how fast was your account setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

think it was about 2 weeks, between getting an appt, opening the account, getting the pin mailed from sweden, having to call and get activiation codes mailed to me as well, the whole process is pretty arcane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I have an ebb moneymaker account ( current a/c etc)

the debits etc are working fine.

only problem is i can’t access it, no matter how i try. So I’ve given up. EBS post a statement every 6 months anyway but you can get one from your nearest branch anytime. I got the passwords and everything but I still can’t work it. I miss Ulster bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

only problem is i can’t access it, no matter how i try. So I’ve given up. EBS post a statement every 6 months anyway but you can get one from your nearest branch anytime. I got the passwords and everything but I still can’t work it. I miss Ulster bank.

It's certainly not the easiest system in the world to use but I can't see how you cannot get it to work at all. Have you installed the authenticator app on your mobile?

They post a MM statement every 3 months, my most recent one covers April to June.

• Advertisement

Yep. *Got the app. iPad is linked,the but ‘thingy’ just goes round and round. Life’s too short , so I just gave up, anyway they are thinking of leaving the current market now too.we’ll see how that pans out. 3 months is fine by me.

• theres two apps. One thing I did find out though is that transferring direct debits is different for different company’s. Zurich insurance even wanted a new direct debit mandate. Vodafone was the easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭thebourke

It's still crazy that you need to go into the bank to get the account setup...

I would have thought it could all be done online!

They really need to move with the times.

Moving with the times would include introducing bank charges and then pulling out of the country.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The are exactly in line with every other bank in Europe - following MLA requirements. And they catch up on fees etc... in the next couple of years as the competition exits the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

EBS are not going to do anything to update their system as I was told when opening my current account a few months back that probably from next year all their current/deposit accounts would be transferred to AIB and they would be mortgage bank only. So hardly likely to do anything to improve it when they are getting out of that line of business.

I found it really easy and quick open the account, bit of messing posting out stuff and activation alright and have no problem signing in although always have to hit 'resend' to get that confirmation screen on phone, never works first time for some reason.

• Advertisement

I have now found a way to sign in

customer number> PAC > generate new authentication code( new code every time)

input this new code

and bingo -I’m in.

Advertisement