Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@DC999 - "I know this from personal experience.  "

So do I, my wife has worked in the business for decades and you are 100% right. This also means that the (Irish) banks, as they are, are doomed. They simply won't be able to change in time to be competitve in this new banking order. Maybe some of them have 10-15 years left at the very most, best case scenario for them. And I'm not yet even talking about decentralised finance taking over. I jumped ship long ago 😁

Got my first Energia bill today. It includes the deemed export credit @18c / kWh incl VAT 😀

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Was it backdated?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

No as I only re-joined Energia at the start of this billing period. The credit was not correct though, let's see what other Energia customers are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I’m with SSE now and out of contract. Think I’ll move to a company that regularly pays FIT.

Would people recommend Energia?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Depends. Go to the supplier that is best for your usage. (do you know your usage?)

will you be on a Deemed export? or measured?

Id be leaning towards a regular payout than a lump sum - at the end of your contract!?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

We have a smart meter but not on a Smart Tarriff. I’ll have to look at my usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I got paid for FiT also. Figure is almost spot on. I was expecting a deemed export credit of 45 days and they gave me 44 days. I had to run a few calculations to come to that conclusion as they dont explain how they come up with the figure, they just give a value and you have to guess how they calculated it but I'm 99% sure that's what they have done.

I suspect they have a small bug in the billing systems between ESB Networks and Energia. Classic software bug really.

Happy nonetheless that they are paying per bill.

I left BordGais a month ago and they tell me they wont pay me for Feb-Sep until next March! Shower of *****!

I've a complaint in with them and the CRU. Making people wait upto 12 months to get paid is a joke, particularly when you are no longer in contract with them. If you owed them money they would come knocking for the money long before 6-12 months had passed. They need to cop on and the CRU need to get them to cop on.... rant over! :)

Post edited by KCross on

@KCross - that with Energia too? How many days is the bill for - how many days standing charge is on it? In my case 59 days, but I only got about 53 days worth of FIT, presuming I did the calculation right:

3.6kW as per NC6 * 0.03395 * 365 * 24 = 1070.65kWh per year at €0.18 each

Yes, Energia. My bill was for 45 days. They gave me 44 days FiT.

What did they give as your "Export unit" value?

Did you see the NC6 yourself? Are you sure you are working off the MEC value?

Based on a 3.6kW MEC and 59 days it should have been about 170 units but you need to eyeball the NC6 and make sure they have the correct values.

• Advertisement

Did the NC6 myself years ago, it was much simpler then:

On the bill it has:

Export Units 155.184 at €-0.18 per unit

I don’t know how they came up with that value.

I did send them an email to clarify how they calculate it. It could be that ESB networks only send them the data on particular days and depending on when the bill was generated it might affect the value but would presumably iron itself out over the year. Who knows.

I’ll let you know what response I get and maybe fire off an email yourself. We’ll see if we get a consistent answer.

Their bill should really show the calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

A little off topic but is anyone having trouble with logging on to SSE Airtricity today. App and website no joy.

Waiting on the new customer bonus of €250 plus the €200 government credit and not forgetting the FIT payment. If all that comes in I will be a very happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

You'd nearly be tempted to sell the panels now at peak prices with all the potential credits... nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Problem is you'd need to buy new panels, also at premium prices

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Why do they use the inverter capacity and not the system kw (by the panels)?

It's what is on the NC6, also if you have 8kw of panels and 6 kw inverter, you'll not be exporting more than 6kw.

Also it's what the Cru decided

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭munsterfan2

From Bord Gais on Sunday, this seems to imply that I wont see a payment until August, as that is when I switched providers, and as it is a 12 month contract I could well have moved before the following bill....

"Order Confirmation

We are happy you have chosen our Microgen Export Plan offer. This offer pays you for the excess electricity you export to the electricity network.***

See our Microgeneration terms and conditions and Privacy notices...

What happens next?

We'll calculate your first Microgeneration tariff payment one year from your start date. You'll receive your first payment as a credit on your first electricity bill after this. Subsequent credits will be applied every year thereafter.

Thank you for being a loyal Bord Gáis Energy customer. If you've any questions on Microgeneration, please feel free to contact us on 01 611 01 04 or visit ....

The Bord Gáis Energy Team"

Sharp practice as no one should even stay with the same utility company for more than exactly 365 days. The CRU really should intervene here.

They really should have specified a payment period in the thing they published, but have specifically said in it that they havent.

Totally agree, a yearly payment is ridiculous. Everyone should be prepared to move every year, Although some providers have copped on and offers renewal customers the same as new customers. (I bet renewing a customer is a lot cheaper than on boarding a new one)

I see me being with energia for a while... (they have always ended up being the cheapest for me).. and now with monthly (deemed) FIT payments will pay for the standing charge.

• Advertisement

Yes sometimes I think I should have stayed with Energia, I was one of the first signers of their new "EV plan" early last year. But if I had, I would still be on a very good night rate now, but I would get a terrible renewal coming March. While it now has worked out that I rejoined them in August, for a guaranteed good rate until August of next year. I guess I got lucky, even though I did pay €50 contract break fee.

Without reading back (yes lazy I know), moved from energia to sse during the summer.

Who pays the previous months worth of backdated FIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I checked in again with SSE a few days ago, they said my backdated deemed figure will be issued in "the next few weeks". It'll be added to my now closed account and then sent by cheque.

I moved to Energia in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I'd be VERY interested in knowing if/when you get that deemed export, as I did the same move as you Phil from SSE->Energia (same week, if not same day) and was told categorically that I wouldn't be paid a deemed export unless I got in a Smart meter, even though I was no longer with them. Which is bonkers when you think about it as effectively what goes on in my gaff none of their business anymore once I've left them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ah sure I had 3 or 4 different versions of what would happen initially. They hadn't a feckin clue what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yeah, I did push "extensively" with them on the day I was on the phone with them for a good 45 mins arguing the case. They were having none of it. Despite the fact that I am no longer with them, they were (are?) asking me to get in a smart meter, or they wouldn't pay me for deemed export for the Feb-Sept timeline.

Not letting that go with them either. I don't need the money €100-150 or whatever it is, but it's the principle that they have all been dragging their arses time-and-time-and-time again for the last 2 odd years. I get it - I'm a software engineer myself. It's making changes to the billing system and accounting system which may not be trivial - but they've had fecking years to prepare. Shambles from most of them. Shambles.

Energia seem to have nailed it. Already being paid and listed in each billing period… exactly as it should be.

No reason why the others can’t, other than laziness on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think Energia definitely win the timing awards for public relations

They held off announcing the price increase until almost all the other suppliers had done it

They waited until a lot of suppliers had announced a FIT rate before setting their higher

Just when the issue of FIT not being paid is becoming an issue they've started paying

Not really passing judgement on them as to whether they're right or wrong, but they certainly seem to be in the right place at the right time on a lot of things

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

Energia were not the first to pay though, some other smaller provider did before them, EI also came straight out and said they'd pay FIT along with normal billing (but yes they still havn't started paying out yet) I'm just waiting to see (a) if I get my deemed export from EI before i moved and (b) that my next Energia bill has deemed export from date i joined them!

Advertisement