Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Her phone being hacked was discovered in summer. The nordstream explosion happened in September. Timeline doesn't stand up unless facts don't matter to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Your signature says "I don't believe anything the government tells me. Zero." - George Carlin.

You seem to believe a lot of sewage from the Kremlin skin

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

If you read the post, it's related to a secondary hack. She apparently texted blinken using her personal iPhone and her iCloud was hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

Would that be multi-millionare George Carlin who became very wealthy by preaching to the poor whilst getting rich on their limited money? Interesting role model for sure.

• Advertisement

I wonder if Lula will cheer on the war or push for a ceasefire.

Pepe Escobar apparently estimating huge Ukrainian casualty numbers counter to current narrative which are truly horrific if true.

Definitely seems to be more push for a ceasefire of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The story sounds like hogwash. I'm no fan of Truss or the Tory Brexit government but the idea that the UK blew up Nordstream seems very hard to believe.

I notice too that the only media outlets giving this any credence are far right and far left websites masquerading as 'news' sites (weird looking websites with strange titles and addresses).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

KimDotCom? Fücking hell 🫣

This is a new low for this thread.

And from yet another low-post sleeper account that suddenly appears after the last one was threadbanned, and has a similar great interest Ukraine, and is also conveniently well versed in all the Russian talking points. How many of these accounts do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

I think it's safe to assume all the books on your shelves are either pop-up or scratch-and-sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭macraignil

Not sure if there is anyone besides the russians looking for a cease fire. Makes sense for them to have time to train their new conscripts and try to get the rust off the out of date weapons they are digging out of storage. Saw an estimate of almost a thousand russian invaders killed in the one day a couple of days back and similar numbers since, which are losses even putin will find difficult to keep sweeping under the carpet even if they are the type of russians he dislikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yep. Russia wants a ceasefire to regroup and train up the conscripted. The winter weather hasnt really materialised yet, so UAF can continue their push. It's not looking good for the Russians on any front with the possible exception of Bakhmut

All Eyes On Rafah

I've seen reports as well that winter may not slow mobility in the war as much as some think it will. The current conditions on the ground from what I have read involve a lot of mud which makes movement for both sides more difficult but once the ground freezes this will no longer be as much of a problem and hopefully Ukraine can make progress on pushing the russians out of their country. The attacks russia has been making on civilian infrastructure recently may just be an effort to force Ukraine into an unfavourable ceasefire that will just prolong the war. The russian performance in tearing up previous agreements makes me think any new ones that are reached will only be adhered to as long as it suits putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Some good points from Lula. Delighted he won and got rid of the right wing nut job.

Peace IS obtainable. 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It seems like Russia are now also trying to counter attack in the Lugansk region.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭zv2

Putin has made it clear that he wants Ukraine to be part of Russia. That is why he has invaded. I don't think he is going to drag his country into war so America can enrich itself.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's about oil money, it has always been about oil. That's not a conspiracy view that's an openly documented fact of history, and media propaganda isn't history.

Its a gigantic conspiracy theory, and one that is trotted out for every single world event even when it doesn't begin to make sense.

Also no one was buying Russian crude in roubles, that is completely fantasy land stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Peace according to what timeline? 2013?

2014?

2021?

There hasn't been peace in Ukraine in a very long time. And it isn't NATO that's the cause of that.

It's Putin and his inflated sense of ego.

The only way there will ever be peace in Ukraine is if Russia withdraw or are defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭jackboy

The Ukrainians will be well supplied with the best of equipment whereas the Russians will be poorly equipped and starving. Winter could accelerate the Russian defeat.

Yes but even the right wing nutters on zerohedge are questioning the odds of Ukranian victory

Most independent analyst are repeatedly saying similar things. Russia wanted to block NATO, protect the ethnic Russian's against the bombing campaign and did so with restraint. As far as I can see, some of the four oblasts may still be regained by Ukraine. I think diplomacy might be Ukraine's best chance in this regard.

McGregor, Ritter, Mearsheimer, Sachs, Chomsky, et Al are pretty much alluding to Russian devastation on Ukraine once the mud freezes. No more restraint.

The people who had been saying Putin is dying, Russia is running out of ammunition, ruble is collapsing, fight to death on snake island and only focus on Russian atrocities (which are horrendous) but without considering Ukranian actions and broader global context (US helping Saudi kill 300,000 people) seem to have zero self awareness. They seem to think the lord of the rings is real.

If only we could go back to April and Ukraine could tell Boris to **** off. Pepe Escobar has estimated 400,000 Ukrainian's and outside contractors dead. That's insane if true. And for what? The right to join an organisation designed to destroy Russia, not treat ethnic Russian's like ethnic Ukranian's and try and get back territory that wants to be separate from Ukraine. Madness.

I think there's a strong likelihood Russia with its declining population and vast area will eventually collapse. That may not be a good thing globally.

I think we should be looking to deescalate and building relationships with Russia as well as Ukraine. Do we want Russia to think everyone is against them if their empire is collapsing? If only the British allowed the April deal. Sorry for rant and getting grumpy, the situation there is so sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I think we should be looking to deescalate and building relationships with Russia 

We did that for the past 2 decades, turned several blinds eyes and engaged in appeasement.

Didn't work out too well did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭timmyntc

"Just 2 more weeks till the Russian economy collapses"

"Russia is running out of missiles - only has enough for 14 more days"

"Russia has no food or clothes for its soldiers, when cold weather strikes in a fortnight they will collapse"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭jackboy

He made a good living doing stand up to his fans with the odd movie role , “preaching to the poor” is the statement of a gobshite

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Russia might accept a deal in the near term but could easily violate it months or years from now. In short, any deal in eastern Ukraine is unlikely to be credible unless it can be backed up by powerful reinforcing mechanisms.

But this is the acid test of any deal. Zelensky, if he is as sharp as he seems, will only accept it if it incorporates such mechanisms. But if the day comes where Putin is signalling a genuine willingness to accede to such 'security guarantees' for Ukraine then Zelensky may well decide significant concessions, including ceding of territory, is a price worth paying for ensuring his country's future security.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Another pack of propaganda and lies.

"Most independent analysts". Nope, most Russian shills or people like Scott Ritter, thoroughly discredited, and so far down the food chain they have to crank up this gibberish just to be heard.

NATO has zero interest in 'destroying' Russia. This is absolutely bonkers stuff. If NATO wanted to 'destroy' Russia, why haven't they swept into Kalingrad, and across the Baltics, now that Russia has stripped almost its forces from the region to be mauled in Ukraine? If they aren't going to do it now, a Ukraine in NATO in the future won't make any difference to it. So this is a total canard and red herring, nothing more than a propaganda smokescreen to fool those who want to find any reason to blame someone other than Russia.

Russia had absolutely zero concern for the ethnic Russians, they were just a political pawn. How has Russia protected them? By flattening their homes, subjecting them to indiscriminate heavy weapons far beyond anything Ukraine had done - as evidenced by the low casualty figures pre 2022 invasion. And then it conscripted the men as cannon fodder with obsolete equipment to be sent to their deaths.

How many of these ethnic Russians has Russia killed now, to protect them?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Its quite clear that your (dis)information on the invasion of Ukraine is coming from somewhere other than independent analysts. There's no need to apologise for being grumpy after all it is in your user name, but you should do so for writing this pile of horses***e.

NATO was not set up to destroy russia as your information sources seem to claim.

Can you provide some evidence for this bombing campaign against ethnic russians in Ukraine that you say makes it OK for russia to have invaded? Are you talking about the russian troops that have been opperating in Ukraine's eastern territory for years now trying to pave the way for this invasion?

Do you seriously say that there may be no more restraint from russia once the ground freezes in the same post as you claim 400,000 Ukrainians and other defenders of their country have already been killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Putin must have had every disease known to mankind at this stage also.

He'll be dead any day now you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Up there with "Kiev will be taken in a matter of days"

"Highly likely Russia will attack British infrastructure"

"Normal traffic has resumed across the Kerch bridge"

Lots of wishful thinking on both sides.

On the economy. An economy can collapse without the country collapsing. The Russian economy has collapsed but hasn't gone extinct and will trundle on at whatever becomes the norm for them.

Russia is running out of missiles. Ukraine have run out of things at different points too and are still at a deficit in alot of cases but their resupply is more secure due to production. There's only a finite amount of stored munitions for Russia and they're usage is already outstripping production when they've to tap North Korea, Iran and Belarus. Only Iran can really help on an accelerated production request versus the West. So on a long term basis the Russian rate of attrition is much worse than Ukraines.

I won't mention the gear. But let's see what the winter brings and if Frostbite revisits the mobilised as it did in the early spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The grain deal is back on ....

More humiliation for putin,

What will you do vlaidi about the svastaspol attack and ships breaking though the blockade ...

You will do feckin nothing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement