Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very windy and potentially stormy Weds 2-11-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

59mph gust in Ashford, Wicklow at 11:27

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just had a gust of 97kmh in Galway really getting up now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Very unusual for Vancouver to be that cold at the start of November. In fact I don't really remember it hitting that low very often over any winter.

The powder on grouse/Seymour must be great today!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not too bad here although there was torrential rain and very strong winds for about 10minutes. The poor postwoman was out cycling in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yeah same here near Tralee, much stronger as the wind starts to veer more SW .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lol... THAT is dedication...Ours was due today but no way would he get over in this! I got soaked and very cold just retrieving the cat...

107kmh now in big squall with thunder and lightning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Big flash and thunder West Galway city, the sun was peeking out a few minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Thunder in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Went very wild for a few mins in Galway West. Felt like a squall.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Not a regular Yellow Warning here in Waterford. Intense rain and strong gusts this morning. 76km/h at my station and 104km/h at Waterford Airport.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very dark and very wet atm in Greystones. Rain rate 49.4mm/hr.

Strange to see that ME have removed the Orange Marine warning for all along the West Coast it's only getting going here now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Maybe updating?

Edit: See what you mean now - changed to yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Mace head gusting 60 knots on midday reports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Thunder and lightning in Athenry now, just a couple of a random strikes during a relatively calm period.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s very calm now in Dingle according to a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

The wind has fairly picked up in South Wicklow but the rain seems to be moving through faster than forecast. Didn't get a huge amount of it In Rathdrum. Hopefully the wind will start to ease off soon now now, haven't seen gusts like this since Barra last December.

Squall passing through Greystones now with strong gusts and rain rate of 103.8mm/hr.

Jesus! Like a car wash now! Rain rate 188.8mm/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭pad199207

Squall knocked out the power in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Same in Dublin 16. Crazy rain few minutes ago. Cleared up now though.

Given the current conditions in Galway now I'm shocked that ME have removed Orange Marine warnings friend in Aran estimates Storm 10 at present

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Just went out for a walk in Galway, thinking the worst was over - got caught in a huge squall that wasn’t anywhere to be seen on the radar before we left, winds picked up and thunder and lightning also. Are the warnings for this a bit undercooked? Saw many small accidents enroute from the city earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bluespecs

House I'm in is 20 years old. Some structural damage has just happened to our roof just now - first time ever. Galway City

Serious wind gusts in Galway now this is way more than a Yellow warning 113 km in gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bluespecs

Defo. Just as well nobody was standing underneath our roof at the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Escaping the wind in Sligo so far. Surprised to see winds near 100kph in Dublin. Yer not fit for that over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As I was settling for a snooze.. a great rattling deluge... I am in a modular house so it echoes like a caravan...

Itis feeling very much colder

West Mayo offshore,, safely above sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Bar Mace head gusting 58 knots nothing particularly strong on the 1pm reports. Going to ease off now for most areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Very heavy rain showers in Galway and wind has picked up. Athenry had a gust of 74 km/h at 1300.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement