Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Joe creamed……will take some time to live down this spanking.

Like 15 minutes maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Joe bringing out da condescending voice now.

• Joe giving final sermon from de Altar of Montrose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

De Lard is gud to all!!!

What pompous ass he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Is that the lady who was right wing catholic until she discovered her son was gay and then everything changed. Nothing wrong with him being gay btw.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Bollocks. You loved him from the very beginning. You just haven’t the balls to admit you love a bigoted fool so you looked for an excuse.

At least grow a set and tell the truth. Nobody is buying this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I thought Joe was leading up to signing off with this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Dat Padre exit was so hard, its probably already getting chiselled into Joe's headstone for when de toime comes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭leath_dub

She's right about the Bishop of Kerry, in fairness. No guts.

The main issue with Father Sean was the intemperate manner of his message. Everything he said was in line with current Catholic teaching but he went against the grain by voicing it in a challenging, insensitive and, dare I say, it un-Christion manner.

I don't admire the priest as a person. I think he had guts to say what he said when he must have known there was a ****-storm on the way

The boy is dead right, I love anyone who socked it to that pompous flapper , ripped the fcuker out a new asshole.

’Bout time he was exposed for what he is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

I certainly don’t support father Sean’s views,

however the way himself and Duffy behaved on National radio, is the source of most of the comments here.

it’s always funny when Duffy gets out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Father Sean came across as a ranting arrogant egotistical lunatic imo...but hey whatever floats your boat...

Did you have pre marital sex? He doesn't love you....let's be honest you disgust him....you are lumped in with gay people ("abominations" in Father Sean's words)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

More plugs for the banshee film from Ray....are we sure RTE aren't getting money from the production company?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I’ll quote a bit of religion myself. The lord is my shepherd,I shall not want. Well I don’t want Mr Duffy on 400,000 to 500,000 Pa. Way overpaid .

• Cranking de shaft is categorised as a sin too, hey we’re all gonna be great company in Hell

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Moncreiff just announced that “ The King of Gold “, Padré Séan is gonna be on The Hard Shoulder with Anton after his show.

Wonder will Anton keep his cool?

Post edited by steinbock123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

It is, former president... I've no problem with her changing her views, we all live and learn but she doesn't half preach when she gets up on the pulpit herself

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The guys cheering on a bigot just because he 'tore Joe a new one'.

Comedy gold in itself. 😁

It'll be like the Gpo in 1916 with all of them down in Kerry that'll come out and say they walked out of the church when Seanin the brave and righteous made his sermon... All the same though taking all things into consideration our lad seems to be fairly easy goin compared to that Mohamad fella.... Here's my stop now gluck....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,216 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I am so so sorry for offending you,😢,

And how very dare you to assume my gender, 😡

I am going to chose not to be offended like you got upset about a post.

Do you really think Joe is as woke as he makes out

Come on let's hug it out and make up 🤼,, but no dropping the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The priest is clearly an egomaniacal, fundamentalist bigot. I wouldn't be cheering him on in any way

But Joe is such a terrible debater and broadcaster. And it was there to be heard again today: buffoonish grandstanding, childish jibes, incoherent counter points and so,so pompous. You can't help but want to hear him fall flat on his face in every debate. Albeit that the show wouldn't be so entertaining if he wasn't such a fcking ejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Excuse me,

Yes I did have premarital sex,

But I'll have you know i turned the light off before,so if God couldn't see it never happened 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 82,686 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a pity Father Sean left the call today, looks like there could be a weeks worth of Liveline out of the topic...

That taypot should have more things to do than get involved in this nonsense, I'm surprised the minister for likes hasn't come out with her spake on the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Noice 🤣

What de fcuk it has to with de minister for foreign affairs I don't know, but if he wanted to discus it man to man as a private matter so-to-speak he should have picked up de blower a bit earlier. Hopefully dat Padre would have given him a blast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Fr. Sheehy on Newstalk after the news at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The bad Padre is on with Anton Savage on Newstalk now.

I wonder will Anton manage to do a better job with this clown that Duffoon did?

He’s no bigot, pal, and if he was it would make no difference.

The subject here is the debating skills not the content and the boy Sheehy tore Duffy a new one.

Kind of try to understand that instead of the cheap cuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Watched the video there (have not listened to the Liveline), nothing particularly strange, all world religions have those same viewpoints, he’s right about the government/media/NGOs are pushing abortion incessantly and it is not actually the religious who are at the forefront against transgenderism

I was expecting something along the lines of a Northern Prod Orangeman type, but seems merely like a more run of the mill sin obsessed priest preaching,

if he was just ignored it would be better for all

Advertisement