Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Will be interesting to see if the price of tickets discourages people who will usually go. I see tomorrow's Guardian has article on price of England's home matches in 6N. Guess demand will always outstrip supply though especially with England and France in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Interestingly I'm still getting IRFU supporters emails even though I haven't renewed this year and membership should have been up months ago. I think people are past paying over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hibknight

I have one ticket available for the SA game on Saturday block 130, ticket costs face value 115 (would take slightly less as want to get rid)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deramore

Have 2 tickets for Ireland A game Friday night I’m looking to sell for cost, €40 each. They are front and center Block C Row A. PM if interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Why is Adverts.ie yanking all the rugby tickets that are listed? I've an email alert set for them and every single one is listed as withdrawn when I click on it no matter how fast I am. Not just SA tickets, even the A game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

IRFU T&Cs note that tickets may only be purchased from the IRFU directly or authorised agents. As such, Adverts prohibits their sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

This has changed within the last week or so - I've bought multiple rugby tickets there over the years as recently as last month - so why has Adverts suddenly started playing ball? I would bet my house that soccer and GAA tickets contain the same boiler plate T&Cs about reselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its more than likely to do with the flawed legislation introduced last year.

To prevent people from reselling above face value certain sites now just have a blanket ban on all resale so you cant even sell below face value.

It seems the IRFU are now aware of (and acknowledging) the relatively wide dissatisfaction at the match day experience, particularly the issues related to bars and people constantly filing in and out of them.

Their solution - the union will “politely message people going to the game to be respectful of your fellow patrons”.

In their defence, it is noted that the contract they have with Compass prohibits them from closing bars at certain points during the game, but still, to recognise there is dissatisfaction and the only solution is to 'ask nicely that people stop it' is a bit toothless. It would be great if they restricted booze to the concourses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭Cork2021

What’s the more entertainment part?

as a whole I don’t like that people get up and get beers during the match, but people do need the jacks as a consequence of drinking said alcohol before and at half time, so the people staying put during the game will be only less frequent not stopped. Always bring two beers with me to my seat and then 1 at half time

• Advertisement

Might help if they brought back that app they had where you could preorder food and drink. Might mean people that pop out at or before halftime for a drink aurally get back to their seat before the 2nd half kicks off. It is a pain but not sure what realistically can be done if they can't stop drink being served during playing periods. Even if they did think people would likely stock up anyway and still have the problem of the people drinking needing to use the toilet frequently too. Maybe family zones might be an idea but dunno would the logistics of that work

That app was brilliant. Shame they stopped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hibknight

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Good Idea from the IRFU to try encourage people to be sensible about going in and out. I have no problem with standing up for a second or too when there is a break in play for an injury or the like.

The guy who was up and down 73 times must have been unlucky to be sitting beside the Kidney Dialysis Wards on their day out. Most rows in the Stadium have about 20 seats that exit out to each aisle, so he must have been on the end of the Row and everyone inside him out a few times. When it comes to half time people should expect to have to stand up to let people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭Cork2021

I know the game lasts at least 2 hours between stoppages and half time but if they elongate half time by an extra 10 mins just to make sure everyone has had time to get a drink/food go to the toilet and be back in your seat.. I think 10 mins is small considering you’re definitely going to be there for 2 hours for the match itself and probably at least an hour before kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I am a little worried about them alluding to more music and MC involvement like the southern hemisphere.

Anytime I've seen that it totally drains thr atmosphere and makes it even more plastic.

Agree and Thornley points out for series against NZ last summer that was done because of the lack of atmosphere. Can't see it helping at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

That Gerry Thornley article claims that a supporter had to stand up 73 times during a Six Nations game. I call shenanigans on that.

But anyway, people are still harking back to the old days of Lansdowne when we all packed into terracing. Modern stadiums simply can't replicate that, because they're designed not to have heaving masses of people on top of each other.

Or Gerry scratching his head wondering why we don't get the same electric atmosphere when we're mullering Scotland as we do when we're beating New Zealand. Like, come on Gerry.

If you want to kill the atmosphere, ban alcohol and get the "MC" on the tannoy as often as possible. Have at it.

I don't think its shenanigans at all. It's hardly a reliable calculation given how people move in groups and come back in groups, but I would fully believe that over the course of 80-100 minutes, that there were 36 journeys to/from the bar/toilet past a person, particularly if they are on an aisle seat.

There are plenty of reasons why the atmosphere is crap; corporate attendees who haven't a blind bit of interest in the game; those who see it a social event that happens to have a rugby match on in the background; late-comers; and those need to booze at a game and as such are back/forth from the bar constantly. It doesn't need to be the majority of attendees to be disruptive.

Your comment on atmosphere being killed if alcohol is banned is utter nonsense. There are plenty of sports and gigs where booze isn't allowed into the stands/seats and the atmosphere is great. The problem that the Aviva has is that the atmosphere sucks as it is so in most cases there is no atmosphere to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

I go to most games. Drink is not the problem. When the game is exciting the atmosphere is brilliant. When the game is boring the atmosphere is crap. Imagine that?

You can't manufacture atmosphere. It happens in all sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I wouldn't say that. I've been at crap football games in the Aviva, with half the crowd, that have had better atmospheres than a 6 nations game.

It's an event now, that has priced out a large chunk of the population. People who go to football games go to watch the game because they like football, unfortunately a lot (not all) of people go to rugby games because they like being at an event. The game itself is secondary.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I posted it in the other thread, but the dead atmosphere is a direct result of the IRFU's approach to ticket pricing and distribution.

And the "MC" can go away, he is terrible.

I go to pretty much every game, at a bad game you might have to stand up 4 or 5 times for someone going to the toilet or getting a drink. It's a total non issue, just something some people want to moan about.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I’ve some spares for Anglesea Terrace for tonight RDS. I’m going to the game can meet there or can send e-ticket. PM me

Post edited by CFC007 on

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Simply just can't afford to go to a 'big Ireland' game anymore. Last game was the All Blacks game in 2018 which cost less than €100 per ticket. Heading to the Heineken Cup Final next May which cost me €96

€80-€100 is the max I can afford per ticket. Definitely not the only one and there's more value going to a pub to see the game where you can get a few pints and food

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kirby Puckett

I'm in a similar boat. I was keen to go to tomorrow's match but when you add up €115 tickets, transport, meals and everything it becomes a very expensive day out. The sad thing is that even with this pricing it seems that the SA and AUS matches are both sell-outs. I wonder how much tickets would have to cost before it started to have an effect on attendances.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Some €75 returns for Fiji showing in TM.

Have to say its one of the better selling Autumn Series Game #2s in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Cant believe they have sold out the Fiji game especially with a 1pm kickoff.

Bandwagoners out in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Or IRFU priced it right and clubs are getting loads of tickets cheap to bring kids and youths teams...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Pretty sure it only sold out after the SA game last weekend.

Advertisement