Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m in great form but with all these TA’s you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise… 😅

the automation of everything…

I want to contact a high street fashion retailer in the city to enquire about available stock, in a particular store, sizes etc..

however the only way of doing so is via one of their online forms… which probably means a fücking automated response or something non automated from a kid on work experience saying they don’t know but I can buy online at…….

it would be nice if it was still possible to phone a business, have a human, answer the phone and spend about 45 - 60 seconds saying… “ yep we have X in stock, in ABC sizes and the price is 85.99, “. But this retailer…their published phone which I called during business hours is just a voicemail saying to visit www.wwwwww.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I ended up missing last night's Champion's League action as I was working on slides for a PowerPoint presentation due on Friday eve :(

Also, I'm fed up of this erratic weather. One minute it's bright and sunny, and the next it's lashing rain. I've been caught in a sudden deluge twice this week so far while taking the dog out for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

An errant tissue in the washing machine. Clothes are destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This is a double edged one.

I was going to a funeral the other day, came to the parking area in street. I was at a junction where I let someone out in the road, and the then proceed to stop up the road and reverse in towards me to try park on a double line, in a blind panic I reversed back not paying attention and hit the car behind me. Now regretting I let the stupid fúckstick out infront of me.. that's the TA

I went up the street a few yards to pull in, guy gets out irate, understandably, but he was really making inappropriate gestures, ie "retard". I get out, smile and apologise, explain what happened, admitted fault, because clearly it was. My towbar left a nice dent in the front of his car the size of the base of a cup. We checked, there was no other major damage. I said, right, no bother I'll get that fixed up. He said, ah, no, there's no need it's an old car, I said, it may be old but it's your car, he declined, said, no its fine and apologised for getting angry. I told him not to worry about it, it's understandable, "you got a fright" I reiterated I was happy to fix it, he said no, it's fine, and I apologised again, we shook hands i told him it would have being my choice of action and has been in the past, and appreciated his decision..i wished him well and went our separate ways.

So moral of that story is there's still decent people out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bought new phone yesterday, current phone four years old or so.. Went to swap over, sim card too small for new phone slot 😡😡😤😠

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have had something in my left eye since I woke up yesterday morning. Nothing is shifting it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's too small it's not too bad, you can get adaptors in most €2 shops. It's cutting it if it's too big that could cause problems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

But but but want to play with shiny new phone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Some drunk lad commenting on my Halloween costume : "Are you a Hitler?"

Which if you're aware of what the costume was and went deep into the symbolism and parallels and stuff, you might make an argument that it was quite a clever off the cuff remark. I strongly suspect though that he was a massive ******* idiot and that was the stupidest thing that could possibly have been said.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The repeated message on call centre recordings, you call is very important to us so please continue to hold. If it was that important,answer the bucking phone !!!

Also I opened wordle for today, only to find id done it last night. So bored on the phone !! I must not drink coffee before phone calls

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who post absolutely godawful photos of food. Please at least attempt to style your plate properly if you're going to insist on sharing photos of your food. Facebook groups are the worst for this. Food just fired onto seriously fugly plates with terrible lighting.

1. TA is the weather. I was woken up by the storm around 6.00 and never got back to sleep. not feeling the better of it.
    2. the number pure creepy adds on TV about death…Pure Cremation, Over 50’s life cover and a host of others… featuring rather ghoulish and over enthusiastic actors who look like they can’t wait to be fûckin administered the last rights and then buried 😅

Ah bollocks , it’s lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In the interlude when this storm appeared to be easing off, I brought the dog for a short toilet walk, up and down the road on our usual route. Of course she decides, when it starts bucketing down, that now is the perfect time to stop every 30 seconds to sniff every single fallen leaf.

Ran a few errands in town, called into check everything was okay in the parent's home as they are away at the minute. BBQ tossed over on its side due to the high winds, three metal garden chairs after getting a going over too. Right at the peak of the winds, moving everything into a sheltered area, and safely tying them down by myself, was a strenuous activity I didn't expect to be doing this morning.

Damn storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Going to a shop looking for a specific part, knowing full well what I need & how to install it to be treated like a dumbwit & told the only way is to bring the whole unit in coz "only I can do that job"

Get in the sea, I will not be back, cretin.

2.30 pm and my Dad gets told by his doctor that he is well enough to go home, brilliant news.

the goon proceeds to tell him that he needs to be gone by 4.00pm as they need the bed.

he isn’t well enough to drive or use public transport, which the doctors well know in fact he’s been told not to yet by them.

So he’s got an hour and a half to scramble a lift, get ready, get packed get his stuff together and get the fûck out.

health ‘care’ my fücking arse.

if he had been told this first thing or last night we could have got there and helped him get his stuff together but no….

he’s gone through a procedure, been hooked up to machines into the bargain.

a lot of healthcare heroes but the majority of cûntsultants and especially this one, absolute zeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Surely there is a waiting area/room he can sit in ?

• Advertisement

None around the ward that I can recall and he really needs help with his bag etc he’s been in about a week. Been told not to lift or carry… but hey…. He’s getting home after a successful procedure so for that I’m thankful.

would have been great if some notice might have been given…as opposed to, hey. “ you’ve got 90 minutes to get out “.

the only stay I ever had in hospital I was given 24 hours plus notice….

We need your bed. Here's your hat, what's your hurry, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

Got soaked with the horizontal rain in the garage this morning when filling the car. Long queue inside to pay. Lady in front of me doing a fcuking weeks shop in a garage. Takes an age to scan all her items. Then she says petrol as well. Cashier says what number pump?.....oh, I don't know, its the blue car. Big fcuk off truck parked in front of shop, can't see the pump. A game of was it €40? €60? Just feck off and go and look yo lazy ****, I'm cold and wet and want to get back to my warm car. She finally works out the pump number and them she spends an age tying to find her card in her handbag, because obviously having to pay for all her crap was a surprise to her. I was very close to loosing my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I don't think annoyance is what this should be classed as but had an absolutely horrific landing in high winds in Dublin Airport this evening. I really didn't think the awful landing I experienced this summer in Cork Airport could be topped but there you go 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

I've posted this one quite some time ago, but it's something that just continues to irritate me immensely - much more than I expected - and that is people doing their shop and abandoning products they no longer want on the nearest shelf, rather than returning it to the original location. Not quite so bad if it's non-perishable food, but if it's something which has come from a chilling cabinet or freezer, then it needs to be put back there - or at least bring it to the checkout with the rest of your shop and get a member of staff to return it. If you just abandon it on a shelf, any passing staff member has no clue as to how long it's been sitting there and whether it can be safely returned to a chiller cabinet or freezer and it most likely needs to be binned - you may as well have stolen it - and no, you can't use impatient or screaming kids as an excuse! Ya lazy gets!

🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I prefer a late lunch but regularly find myself caught out by colleagues who book a call or meeting at 2pm as often I’d only be thinking of going for lunch around 1:40.

It happened today and I only had 10 minutes. On the bright side, because I was WFH today, I managed to cook and eat an omelette in those 10 mins. Fast food indeed!

2pm meetings are an absolute nonsense and will be banned outright when I stage my benevolent coup.

Today's TA was the epic make-up fail I just had. Ended up having to wash my face and start again from scratch. Going to be late for dinner now and I'm like an absolute briar. I'll be great company for my boyfriend.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

And I just missed the bus because my sister has my Leap card. Fcuk my fcuking poxy life.

Also, my phone auto-correcting perfectly cromulent words 🤬🤬🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement