Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 29-10-2022 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭COH

All aboard Newcastle assets it seems...

Gross > Almiron

Toney > Wilson

Will do the above for a -4. Dont want to do the Toney transfer but now that he's suspended its either the hit or hope for an unlikely Mitro haul against Man City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Have 2 FTs so thinking Mitro & Toney to DCL & Wilson. Having no Almiron the last few weeks is killing me though 😫

Or could do Mitro & Zaha to Rashford & Wilson. Will see how United are tomorrow but their next 2 fixtures are tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to off Toney and/or Zaha

Can't do Wilson because I already have 3 Newcastle Tripp Almiron and Murphy (bench fodder)

Unless I go for Murphy/Toney out for Iwobi/Wilson for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wouldn't be taking any hits this close to the World Cup transfer window, personally speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mindhorn

Want rid of Gomez, Kilman, Emerson and Nunes but only have 1 FT. Again not sure if it's worth taking the -4 hit at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've got 3 newcastle (pope, wilson, tripp) and need almiron

Pope on the chopping block I think, for sanchez maybe.

Then Harrison for Almiron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Agreed but other options Mitrovic Jesus fixtures are not great. Maybe Nunez? Edouard (flagged) I'll wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Toney to Wilson for me, Almiron killing me lately in a ML but unsure if a -4 is worth it with just two gameweeks left.

Post World Cup widlcard will likely drop Pope to get 3 outfield Newcastle players in. With no European football their minutes are more guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hard to know. I am in the same boat - the 2 Newcastle fixtures do have good potential attacking wise imo. Could easily get the -4 back and there is also the price rise situation.

yeah its a tough call, if it was 3 games left Id definitely do it but with just 2 would really need him to return twice to make it worth a -4. Might still do it just to cover a rival in a ML who has caught be big time due to Almirons points and can then we have a reset with the wild card over the World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭macraignil

Using my free transfer to bring in Solanke for Toney who is suspended for next week and then has a game against Man. City before the world cup break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Will have to see how Saka is first, but would like rid of Zaha.

Forever.

I wouldn’t be in a hurry to sell Zaha before he plays against David Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll probably do Toney to Wilson. If Haaland is still out, I might do Salah to KDB and captain him. It'd be for a hit but I don't mind taking one for an attacking player I'm going to captain. And City could easily get 6 or 7 goals in the next two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at Zaha and Firmino out

Rashford and Wilson in

Will be a -4 though. Zaha has 2 nice fixtures but I've been burned this season too many times looking at form over fixtures.

Wilson obviously on it at the moment and 2 nice fixtures coming up.

Watching Rashford lately it was no surprise he got his goal yday, could do well in his next 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wilson might rise in price tonight. Toney to Wilson looks obvious to me now. Maybe even two obvious!

It's a risk doing early transfer with Wilson though, can we trust his fitness. I guess it's just a 2 week thing worse case scenario.

I would like Rashford but after a -4, I'm reluctant to take another.

I watched Zaha in a few games and to me it looked like Eduard, Olise and Ayew were offering more goal threat while he was wide out on the wing cribbing and moaning at the refs and picking up yellows.

Rashford definitely looked good v West Ham and should have had more goals. Dalot has also became an option as well now United have tightened up at the back and are keeping clean sheets. He got a CS and all 3 bonus yesterday as without assisting the goal

Think I'll buy Wilson tonight if he is going up in price and just risk him getting injured in training. He's probably not breaking himself in training anyway with the World Cup so close.

Just to play Devils advocate here, which is the best transfer I wonder, in terms of points gain?

Over the next 2 GWs;

Toney is gonna get a 0 (suspension) and then I would be benching him away at Man City, so 0 overall.

Wilson could end up with 7 away at Southampton and 2 at home to Chelsea. Let's say 9 over the 2 GWs.

But then Dalot could get 6 against both Villa & Fulham. 12 points over 2 GWs and for someone who owns both Doherty & Coufal, that's a definite improvement over both who I would think can get 8 & 2 respectively.

The Palace attackers could possibly get between 3-9 points each over the 2 GWs. Rashford could be looking at between 8 & 16. Will he continue to start up front? The only thing with Rashford is that he is at the same price point as Martinelli and he is too much above Almiron/Andreas to easily switch up there. And you probably don't want to go down from a 8.0 or KDB/Salah.

Dalot in for Zinchenko.

Yea this close to unlimited transfers probably a bad idea to be taking hits unless really necessary.

I could end up going toney to Wilson but I'm just going to wait it out to.see what the week brings

Rashford seems completely nailed on starter at united,.martial might be first choice striker but rashford is ahead of Ronaldo and first choice out left too, all depends who is available we were fairly shirt via wh so Ronnie started.

When rashford has started up top and we go a goal or two and united switch to a more counter attacking style,.he is used as that outlet and rarely subbed off.

For me at his price he is great value

Dalot definitely does look more attractive than Coufal or Doherty right now as you'd hope for a clean sheet in 1 of their 2 games v Villa and Fulham. That said both games are away from home so not guaranteed, recently they have kept clean sheets at home (vs. WH, Spurs, Newcastle) but conceded away (Everton, Chelsea) so there could be a pattern there that they are tighter at home.

Ive done Toney to Wilson an hour ago which leaves me 0.6m ITB, didnt want that going down to 0.5m tonight and willing to risk it. Nothing I can do with Scamacca but grin and bear it, at least he does have two home games in his final 2 fixtures. If WH would only create some chances for him as he's a lethal finisher but he has been anonymous since Paqueta has been injured.

• Advertisement

Haaland missing Man City's midweek game.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

That was known at the weekend, Pep said he wouldn’t be playing against Sevilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Trippier and Almiron will be in all Wildcards IMO.

Wilson/Isak is hard to know who will start, would they play both? or rotate?

Rashford is definitely one we've slept on all season. Martinelli, and initially Rodrigo then Trossard were the big names, and now Almiron, so much value in midfield this year.

Pre WCWC (World Cup Wild Card), the target should be 10 points from any player you're bringing in. Best fixtures for teams in form are....

City v FUL / BRE

West Ham v CRY / LEI

United v avl/ful

Brighton v wol/AVL

Add in Newcastle for form, I wouldn't be looking outside of those for your 2 week punts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Foden starts in pointless European game, another benching in PL likely

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yeah. Seems like 45% of us fell into the trap of thinking he was now an important cog in Pep’s wheel. 

A definite sell before this weekend. Him starting tonight was always going to make the decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement

If I use my wc this week, do I get another one before the games kick off again after the World Cup?

Advertisement