Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyway we are undeterred and have just booked to bring it on holiday to France in July 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Take a picture of it and complain to your dealer for warranty.

Are the tyres wearing evenly? You should check your tracking when you get the tyre replaced. Mine was way off and I dont remember hitting any major pot holes. I know others had similar problem.

It was no bother for us. See my writeup here

That’s a great guide! What site did you stay in? We are going into Cherbourg. Was a good bit cheaper than Roscoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

I have ID3life 58kw. Since 2.4 update when i switch on fan without heat the kms on the gom goes up rather than down. It will be 2 yrs old at end of january and at 80% charge shows 319 kms on gom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Comer1

One of my headlights (non matrix) is fogging up. Anybody else have this? As can be seen below, the bottom one is crystal clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's the sun that causes that. You can get sun screen for plastic headlights to protect against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

80% being 319km is excellent, for me 80% is 270km and mine is 9 months (most recent trip was motorway in the wet )

Booked in for 2.4 at the end of the month.

The car ended up in our local vw garage. Two new tyres ( continental eco contact) and alignment, car was test driven and they valeted it as well. 500 quid.

they advised us to bring it in more often to be checked over on the ramp. The tyre blew out on the inside side wall of rear tyre so if there was a fault there we wouldn’t have seen it. Probably will do that before we head to France anyway. Almost 32000 km up on it now.

Post edited by fits on

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

They adviseaed us to bring it in more often............

Of course they did.

Pair of co contact 6 from tyreleader is around 300 localfitter to mount and align them 100 ish.

It was an expensive wash.

You may gather I have zero timedor the main stealers

• Advertisement

Yep I know it could have been done cheaper. We weren’t in a position to plan for cheaper tyre fitting.

do you honestly think you’d have gone that route if you had a blowout on side of road an hour away from home and car was towed to VW garage?

Sorry didn't mean to come across as an arse,I was just railing against the stealership......

No goodwill from VW? They charged you full whack for the blown out tyre? You should have fought a little harder. A tyre should not blow out, they should be offering a warranty on that.

Different story if you hit something or had them well beyond legal limit but a big rip on the inside is something they should be offering warranty on, in my opinion.

Goodwlll ?

On a 30000km tyre?

That's the stuff of fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I think even on a lower mileage tyre you'd be fighting for replacement on a consumable. It's not even goodwill it would be a warranty replacement surely.

I agree it’s a consumable so wouldn’t typically be warranty but it seems to me that it had a manufacturing defect and as such is a safety issue and they should be covering it.

If that blew out at 120km/h on the motorway???

I hope you are correct, but it looks like condensation on the inside of the lens to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It could have got a smack of a stray piece of dibris or anything while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Anyone else have issues with their keys? I feel like half the time i try to used them it doesn't work and i have to use the manual key part to open the drivers door.

I have the car 2 years now and both keys seem to be dodgy now. I'm not sure if it's a battery issue or a software glitch!?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

i had the same problem. had to change batteries twice in 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Yes, mine are acting up a little now after a year. Just batteries I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TreatyGirl

Anyone have an idea of the current wait time for an ID.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 F58uyJqw

No idea. I’d ring around a few dealers.

If their prior knowledge of 2.4 is anything to go by, they won't have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Is there any consensus on what tyres are best suited for the ID.3? Mine came with Bridgestone and they are pretty much done now after 21k which seems pretty rubbish.

I guess there's a balance between how long tyres would last and what impact they have on the car's range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Lots have the Goodyear ones.

They are 8mm from new, compared to 6mm on the Bridgestones. Mine are still 5.5 on the front and 5.0 on the rear. 2 years old and 22K km.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I had Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 215/55 R18 95T and replaced at 35k km with same. Could've lasted longer but incorrect tracking eventually ate them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'll definitely be pushing for Goodyears if I can get them on 20" for my Born, the Continental EcoContact 6 are awful. Locked up on me stopping at 35kph in the dry after going around a bend to an oncoming deer. They have terrible wet grip. What makes it worse is poor grip usually means longer life but they're known for having a short life, even for 6mm.

Shocking tyres to have on a heavy car.

Continental eco contact6 on mine.

Longest lasting tyre I've had on anything ever.

Replaced rears at 33k still a bit if life in them,

Fronts at 38k now still good life left in them.

SUPPERB Grip wet or dry conditiins ,pretty quiet also.

Have previously had those Goodyears on a previous car,another excellent tyre though not quite as hard wearing.

• Advertisement

the Continental EcoContact 6 are awful. Locked up on me stopping at 35kph in the dry after going around a bend to an oncoming deer. They have terrible wet grip.

Continental eco contact6 on mine .…..

SUPPERB Grip wet or dry conditiins ,pretty quiet also.

definitive opinion from both, except they’re opposite! 🤔😀

Advertisement