Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock Vs. Roman does not need to be for any title(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agreed but I don't trust WWE to see it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, having the title involved makes the result more obvious. It's likely Roman would win anyway but knowing The Rock would show up even less than Lesnar means he wouldn't be winning the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

If it's not for the championship, it's not on the Island of Relevancy. The endpoint, at least for this iteration of the character, is someone successfully disputing Roman's... reign and taking that title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They could have him win and show up occasionally until he drops it in a rematch fairly shortly afterwards. Depends on his schedule.

• Advertisement

Midnight start tonight.

Then Crown Jewel starts at 4pm tomorrow, so I assume the preshow starts at 3.

Seems they could've given the Crown Jewel competitors a bit of a break since they didn't do much here. We even got a Xia Li appearance.

I thought the Usos weren't allowed to travel or are the restrictions on the destination's side?

Smackdown World Cup announced as starting next week. So if they actually go with countries being represented I guess we have USA, Scotland, England, Canada, Austria, Italy, Germany and Mexico all represented. Samoa in there as well, though I'll admit to being a bit ignorant and never being sure if that falls under the US somehow. That's if they just stick with Smackdown. Maybe Sheamus will be back to represent Ireland.

Liv/Sonya was a great start. Liv has really come on leaps and bounds in my opinion.

Aside from that the main event was what was worth talking about, thought it was a banger. Gunther is being presented so well.

Smackdown World Cup? What?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

*Money paw curls, you wanted the best in the world.

• Advertisement

No. 1 contender's match for Ronda and the title, I assume Liv is winning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Shotzi...would much rather Raquel but I'm hoping they are slowly going to build her back to her NXT days and get her to dethrone Ronda eventually

Sarah Logan..meh but if it eventually means the Viking raiders are gettin a monster push them I'll be ok with it

The ending to that women's match was kinda funky with the table spot botch as well.

On the other hand Brawling Brutes, Drew and Bloodline inside WarGames? Take my money! I wonder who the fifth might be. Is KO knocking around the place maybe?

They might be saving Raquel for the Wargames match. I like Shotzi, she's charismatic and fun even if sometimes she seems a little sloppy. I have to say there was quite a few people I would have been fine with winning that match which is a good sign. Please don't turn Emma and Madcap into an on-screen couple though.

The Usos and New Day always deliver, absolute banger of a match. Smackdown World Cup is totally arbitrary but the matches were good so how bad. Glad to see Escobar win too. Although the "World" aspect is a bit underserved. Outside of the Riott Squad I've never cared much for Sara Logan but if the Vikings become a bigger deal on the back of this all for it. She definitely looks like Max the Impaler btw.

LA Knight and Bray is a very unlikely feud but I think it could be unreal surprisingly, very promo based that could benefit both. Very little negative to say on Smackdown this week. Although no Sami so that's a negative. Bloodline are still money though.

We knew it was Sarah but her face was so covered in the facepaint it was hard to tell. So considering they don't say who it is until we can see their face, how did Cole recognise her?

Seems a bit unfair for USA to have 2 entrants in the World Cup. Cole referring to the Soccer World Cup then saying "Football to the rest of the world".

With all those guys in WarGames, I think it's safe to say it'll be a hard hitting match.

Just did a quick Google,that look is a complete rip off of max the Impaler !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zelina's look is up there with one of the worst in wrestling currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Gimme Butch vs Escobar in the world cup and I'll be a happy man, especially if it's the semis and bitch somehow loses on penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bloodline vs Brawling Bute & Drew could be amazing, if they want to keep it some what local then what about a returning Wade Barrett as the 5th man ?

Imagine if this is to do a swerve and have Drew and the rest of the lads to turn on Sheamus making Sheamus a top babyface with Drew going back heel for a while

• Advertisement

I thought Sarah was Nikki at first 😳

Reigns feuding with Sheamus could be good

Ronda and Shayna if not feuding with each other yet should go for the tag titles

I wonder how they're going to play that with Butch in the mix for the Bloodline feud and Sami well... similar. They're facing each other in the first round match next week aren't they? Sami wins and gets fed to Braun? Or Butch to take a win and get screwed in the semis somehow, both are possible.

Great episode of Smackdown in fairness. Love that Wargames match. hynesie gets what he wants too with Butch and Escobar.

A little pet peeve of mine is the foreshadowing they do in tournaments ala Braun and Gunther tonight, basically makes the whole thing pointless and they could have set up the feud via the New Day segment backstage like on this episode!

I agree that they're making it seem a bit obvious alright so hopefully there's more to it althoguh seems unlikely, although I did like Ricochet poking Braun about his flippy tweet.

The Wargames build has been excellent, especially in a relatively short time and both teams, men and womens look great. If they book the mens one right they can get some amazing stories coming out of it. Ricochet vs Ali was excellent too, loved the shooting star to a standing opponent. I have to say the Bray/LA Knight stuff is still such an unlikely feud but love it so far. Really feels like both are coming out of this well.

All around great Smackdown and Wargames is looking good too.

Gunther confronted Ricochet last week as well.

Noticed Bray in the background during the Kross and Usos bit.

So will Scarlett get in the ring for a match against Emma. I guess mixed tag.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is an awesome shot.

Also Sami still producing gold. Him and KO clashing at wargames will be great.

Love how Sheamus seems like such a big deal now on Smackdown. And the World Cup hasn’t been horrible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought Raquel, but if she has that match tonight, it probably isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Beckys back

Advertisement