Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempting to destroy famous paintings because fossil fuels

Options

Comments

There are times when it's much wiser not to engage.

This is the cyber version of the person that you occasionally see sitting on a park bench or a DART and immediately decide that it's wiser not to make eye contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭mufflets2

Why would they spray my house in order to get people to save the planet?

Would you approve of the Pope if he pissed in your garden? No? well then why are you against the Pope?

you are just asking unrelated questions - They didnt spray my house they strategically protested house of parlament and frightened the hell out of a lot of establishment types (like yourself) by pretending to damage art (soup on glass remember)

this is what they did in the real world - and I approve of it greatly

I know - What if this? . What if that?

Should probably be ignored - Realy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

Has the oil stopped flowing out the Saudi wells due to this action yet?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Safe to say that no, you wouldn't be cheering them on if they damaged YOUR property for attention seeking purposes. Just let the public foot the clean-up bill when public property is damaged. It's only tax payers money anyhow.

They could decide to make an example of a random house because the persons living there are enablers of the evil Government by choosing to heat their home with dirty fossil fuels 😲

Art isn't exactly a target one would naturally associate with the extraction and burning of fossil fuels. It's hardly a leap to suggest these nut-jobs might start to attack private residences. It would not surprise me at all if they took such action and would likely target the residences of public figures. Would you support them if they did this?

Stay Free

• Advertisement

😂😂More what ifs - eh - ok what if the pope then decided to break your window - would you still support him????😂

"They could decide to make an example of a random house"

they could even come for your paintings next😂 If all of you pearl clutchers gathered together and stuck your heads in the same bucket of sand

Would that mean that your asses would be protected from the devastating effects of climate change or would they be left hanging in the air like everyone elses???????

or would they be worse - seen as they are sticking in the air cos yer heads are in the sand. What do you think??

food for thought : eh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

So,the rich kids got bored playing climate activist, the penny must have dropped that they were alienating the public and doing harm to the climate change movement,did Greta have a word in their ears I wonder.Time for them to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not sure what to read into it yet, my first wonder was it to do with a lack of activists to sign up for events this week, either owing to many being arrested or what else. Their organization may be a bit smaller than they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Yes, normal people call them hypothetical scenarios. They are to help you question your own exclamations through a different lens by placing you into a similar situation experienced by others, or likely to be experienced by others.

Rather than engage constructively, yet again you deflect with absolute nonsense which for satirical purpose, I will answer on the remote chance you might answer my serious questions rather than try (and fail to) score some points.

If the pope broke my window, I would treat him like anyone else and either punch him in the face, or call the Gardai, depending on how I felt at the time and what other circumstances may be at play.

I own no paintings and if I did, I wouldn't even hang them up, as I value family pictures over someone elses idea of a priceless painting. You referenced me as a pearl clutcher, which is obviously a reference to my class, culture and wealth. I have some of the former, none of the middle and less of the latter. I couldn't care less about art and find it a waste of time, but just because I have no time for it, doesn't mean I care any less about some gombeens attacking it to make a scene.

I leave the floor open to you should you decide to address in good faith my previous post, unless you think I am being sneaky or something.

Stay Free

Less of the insults ,you are coming across as desperate,do'nt be blind to the facts, the campaign is suspended(over)it was pointed out to the the activists that the publicity created was overwhelmingly negative, only the myopic zealots of the climate movement thought it was successful.Time for a rethink I reckon.

• Advertisement

That comment is priceless 🤣, right conflict but wrong side, they have more in common with the unquestioning,brainwashed cultists that invaded Poland in September 1939.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They stormed the painting of the storming of the beach maybe

Why is my hypothetical less relevent than yours - The pope has not pissed in your garden the protesters have not attacked houses.????

Can you see the ridiculenesses of it now? or would you like to continue imaginary games?

I support what they have done, and what they are doing, is that not clear? I believe that their tactics are appropriate and proportional to the absolute enormotype of the catastrophic disaster and devestation and death and destruction and hunger and extinction that is DEFINATELY coming according to people who are much cleverer than me or you and who have studied this climate situation extensively.

They have predicted food shortages Major flooding of peoples homes, loss of plant and animal species forever and parts of the world where people can no longer live.

What part of this is soo difficult for you to understand - Is it any wounder that I make fun of you any your ilk telling us about the type of art you prefer😂

I will be ridiculing you and your type as best I can from now on - Just in case there is someone reading this and tempted to take you seriously.

also google pearl clutcher please - youve got that wrong too

Geez easy there, ranting is never good.BTW would "pearl clutching" be the same as ball scratching, its does seem to be a favourite phrase of yours and my google is on the blink at the moment

If the shoe fits wear it - you are the one who drew up their socio economic group not me.

You will be shocked no doubt to learn that their group has grown 4 fold since they started their protesting campaigns.

go look at what they called Rosa parks and MLK when they started their campaigns - troublemakers, upstarts, attention seekers - sound familiar?

They have been remarkably sucessfull with this campaign - the first step to making a change is highlighting the cause - Done

after that for every 20 establishment pearl clutchers such as yourself im sure they would be happy with 1 serious supporter.

Glad to hear that you are watching them closely - keep up the good work👍️

remember in drawing attention to a cause all publicity is good publicity👍️

Highlighting the campaign in a negative way is not a job" well done", they have set back the campaign by at least 5 years, all the work done by others has been undone by unthinking attention seekers, they are a disgrace to the climate movement.

Less of the comparisons with Rosa Parks and MLK, they were people who suffered at the hands of racists, those "activists" never endured anything.Maybe you should compare the activists to the that misunderstood fella and his cronies that had a party in the beer hall in 1923 in Munich, they seem to have a similar mindset.

So the comparrison with Rosa park et all is not with their personal suffering but with the justifiable criminality in the face of an unjust establishment

understand?

I would love to see your data on the campaign being set back "at least 5 years" and I am sure that it is not just something that you made up .

Just send the link and we can all view it.

"Highlighting the campaign in a negative way is not a job" well done"

again I suggest that you are imagining reality from your own bubble - From my perspective many people are saying how right they are, young people are asking and learning why they are protesting and I can show you that their group has gained massive support.

I cant wait to see your data so that you can show everyone that you have not just built up an impression of the situation from your own group of bigots on facebook or worse just making stuff up.👍️

Even if humans try to change climate change, all they are doing is changing climate change. Climate change itself will always exist. The climate will never stop changing. The term is propagandistic at best.

Throwing tomato soup at a painting well, let's be honest...demonstrates how sad and pathetic an individual you are. That old bald man with the Primark backpack. Yeah, he thinks he's some revolutionary. What a total fool. He's just fulfilling his own narcissistic desire to be the centre of attention. It matters not what he does, nor how much noise he generates, nor how much damage he causes. He will always remain a sad and pathetic individual. Deluded, stupid...probably a vegan.

China and India determine the direction of "climate change"; not some sad old bald man with a cheap backpack, orange paint, and probably someone with no social skills.

What is it that you think they are protesting about?

I think they are compensating for their own failures in their own life, by projecting that onto a global cause that they have no control over - all to make themselves feel better and self-important.

That's what I think.

• Advertisement

Do you not think that you should find out what they are protesting about before posting?

I have no sympathy for the people you defend, the people who block major roads to prevent ambulances and other people from going to hospitals.

All because a minority of narcissists want to make themselves feel relevant and impressive.

But you have admitted that you dont know why they are doing it

Wouldnt it be clever to find out why they are doing it first ???????

I know why they are doing it.

And they're wrong.

Stop justifying the indefensible.

People have died because of the actions you're defending.

I realy dont think that you know why they are doing it .

Why do you think that they are doing it?

I can sumarise my understanding of it if you want - Seriously not trying to patronise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

They moved from children to old fellas did you notice that. Picking groups you cant complain about. Almost like hands in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Oh please don't That made me laugh so hard. You can turn a phrase my good Overheal.

• Advertisement

Lol,more insufferable juvenile drivel from you, can you not just accept that the stop oil activists have failed, they repeated the same mistake as XR(they misjudged public opinion) the public turned on them just as the they have turned on stop oil arseholes., but you keep reaffirming your belief in the cause in the echo chambers you and your ilk infest,eventually the penny will drop.😀

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/extinction-rebellion-activist-pulled-down-from-train-in-violent-clash-at-canning-town-a4263651.html

Advertisement