Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

11 wins , a good weekend. The 11th win was gifted to me, very generous. Shout out to those here who recommended Casemiro at DM- he indeed is a beast.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I upgraded from his rare gold to his IF, and he’s a brick wall. Utterly adore him in that CDM spot.

OOP Dumfries in my preview pack this evening 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Started the trial, seems like 22 but then again I can't work this camera out at all, I like it but it's strrrrraaaaaannnggfeeeeeee. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Chemistry is arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Few things bugging me, camera when you get a free kick from an offside and camera when you score a free kick directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah I only copped during the week that I don't need to play players beside each other for chem. Some annoy me though as you can't put the likes of Eusebio as a CAM . only CF or ST so you're limited to certain formations to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

11 wins in WL.

Went 11-5 which was my best weekend ever. Unfortunately I was pushing it playing as long as I did so gave the rest away due to time constraints and couldn't push for the 14 but I doubt I'd have had enough to get it anyway.

Nothing from the reds, 3 discards from the TOTW pack and nothing of use in the packs, but I still cleared about 90k from it.

Mbappe coming in clutch in his first WL who really made the difference.

I was getting a bit frustrated with him at times because 1) I was trying to force everything through him and 2) any time he missed a chance I'd think "FFS, 1.4m for that!", but when I stopped trying to force things and remembered that every player is going to miss chances regardless of their price, it started to click. Opposition players focus so hard on stopping him that it opened up even more space for Neymar in the CAM role.

63 goals and 17 assists in 55 games across WL qualifiers, WL itself, and division 3 Rivals for Mbappe so far, so he's doing okay! 😅

85/86/87 fodder looks a great investment at the moment, but it just depends on how long it takes them to release decent content to push them up. All of those cards should go up 3k each with a good SBC, but there's no good SBC leaked e.g. Heros/Icons, so who knows.

The market itself is in the mud as everyone seems to be trying to go liquid ahead of the leaked WC mode. Haaland is down at 100k from 180k a couple of days ago as an example!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, the free kick camera one annoys me so much. It’s only the ones from distance, so like in your own half etc where I can only see the kick taker but can’t see where my other players are, so it’s a hit and hope most times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

didn't realise there was a WC mode. Damn..was hoping we would get similiar to the otw players from the last one.. ie the green cards..that 5* wf/skill Acuna was fantastic.

Then again no fear EA would give us a potential end game card at Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just been whacked with a full market ban on my main account… no idea why. I’ve only been trading with the gold commons required for daily SBCs. FIFA done for me on that account anyway unless I somehow get unbanned via EA support (highly unlikely!). Also means the WC Hero preorder pack goes to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Packed gold Neymar tradeable. Doesn't fit my team so I assume it is best to sell?

Doubt he is worth building my team around?

I would disagree if I had neymar I’d build a team around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I kind of what to avoid the whole Ligue 1 copy pasta teams I see all the time though. Any players you suggest looking to get? Have some coins to play with.

One of the best gold cards in the game, IMO.

He outperforms Mbappe for me.

Got to use him as CAM or ST in-game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Anyone get the Gary Medel card? Always remember him from Birmingham days playing CB. Can cover 3 positions so would come in handy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did the Chiesa SBC, fun card to play in CAM position.

Switched back to 41212 to accommodate him.

Still haven't had the time to play a WL yet, feel like I'm falling behind at this stage.

You know what lads?

EA can get into the fcuking sea with the pressure tactics this year. Constant pressure / pressure on touch / whatever is ridiculous! My players turn into total puddings.

And every player is still marked! How can you have pressure AND marking?!

Running this now. Invested my 400k I got from the hero pack. Got fed up with Martinez up front, splashed out on Dzeko.

Honestly Dzeko is like a cheat code. Unbelievable.

From the 85+ TOTW Upgrade.

Bloody hell, I only bought his gold card last week!

So far this year that's Mbappe TOTW, Neymar TOTW and Neymar gold packed.

Anyone used Yaya Toure? I need to upgrade my CM so might use the gold Mbappe funds on him.

• Advertisement

I haven't used Yaya Toure but I've played against him and he's a pest.

P.S. your pack luck is disgraceful @BrentMused .

Thanks.

I haven't come up against him once yet even in division 3, but his card looks amazing.

That said, I could get Marchisio who has H/H workrates and someone like Lucio for the same price.

I might wait for a few days and see what happens with the market as I could see the normal Hero cards crashing hard over the next week or so in the panic of the World Cup Marvel Heros coming out next Friday.

Yea.

No doubt you'll pack the highest rated WC Hero too.

i then go and do the TOTW sbc inspired by brent mused and get 86 pedri 😥

No one can tell me dupe theory isn’t real…..

Omg, am I reading this right? They finally fixed the bug in the app that doesn’t let you list any new cards beyond 30? Finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Took untradeable rewards from Divison 4.

I got nothing. TAA walkout, not worth a bean.

Did the TOTW SBC, Bellingham. Useless.

Let us know how he is. He's on my buy list but I'll probably wait until next week when normal Hero prices should crash as a result of the World Cup Heros.

• Advertisement

Who did you get in your Rivals rewards?

I'm just waiting for a screenshot from you of R9 or something.

Advertisement