Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭archfi

Yep, all standlone stories.

I haven't seen 8 yet but 3 and 4 were the only ones that interested me at all.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Barbarian, cant find it on Netflix, is it a film?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I liked midsommar but I preferred hereditary. Creep is a very good horror on Netflix. Not on Netflix but haunted house llc was very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s a film, but it’s not on Netflix - it has just been released in cinemas here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Midsommar is weird and disturbing!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

U need to watch hereditary if u have not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Young Royals Season 2 (2022) (Swedish) Prince Wilhelm adjusts to life at his prestigious new boarding school, Hillerska, but following his heart proves more challenging than anticipated.

The Takeover (2022) (Dutch) Framed for murder after uncovering a privacy scandal, an ethical hacker must evade the police while trying to track down the criminals blackmailing her.

Spell (2020) After a plane crash, a lawyer awakens, injured and alone, in a hoodoo practitioner's attic. Now he must break free of her magic before the blood moon.

From Me to You: Kimi ni Todoke (2011) 2 Seasons (Japanese) Nicknamed "Sadako" for her spooky appearance, high schooler Sawako begins to break out of her shell when she befriends popular boy Kazehaya..

Buddy Games (2019) All bets are off for a group of lifelong friends who compete for cash in a wild series of absurd challenges -- and learn the true meaning of friendship.

Annie (1982)

Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

The Pirates! Band of Misfits (2012)

Sniper: Reloaded (2010)

Sniper: Legacy (2014)

Sniper: Ghost Shooter (2016)

Sniper: Ultimate Kill (2017)

Sniper: Assassin's End (2020)

The Quick and the Dead (1995)

Along Came a Spider (2001)

The Pledge (2001)

Red Eye (2005)

Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)

Company of Heroes (2013)

Jungleland (2020)

Young Sheldon Season 4 (2020)

Travel Man: 48 Hours in... Season 4 (2019)

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Worth noting that The Pirates! Band of Misfits is an Aardman production (i.e. very much worth your time) and was released outside of the USA under the title The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Watched it last night mainly on the basis of Jessica Chastain, and some decent reviews. Felt much of it rather than just the end was a little rushed, and that a mini-series would have been better; but still, a good - even if a somewhat grim - watch. Jessica Chastain fantastic in it. i don't like Eddie Redmayne, but he was very good in this. Considering this was based on a true story,

the stats on this psychopath's probable murder rate were horrific, as well the hospital's legal stances that helped him carry on his murderous campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

My Father's Dragon is out in cinemas this Friday, probably only for a week before the Netflix release. Two near me are showing it, which is great, but they're only doing early showings, obviously to suit children. I'd love to see it in the cinema, just not sure I want to risk having to see it in a room full of kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched Blood Red Sky earlier.

A highly entertaining hijack action film and a new, very interesting take on vampires.

A very good cast - great performance from the leading lady and a great villain.

I saw your post and went searching Netflix.

A pox on you, sir!!!

:p

I watch the first Cabinet of Curiousities.

I enjoyed it, mainly for Tim Blake Nelson’s performance, but it was disappointing as I expected creepiness, scares and some kind of lesson or moral at the end like Twilight Zone, Hitchcock Presents, etc

it had none of those. A bad thing happened to a guy who wasn’t nice - and the old lady not helping him made her even less nice

Just watched Hereditary. Mind melting torture. Great stuff. 5 stars from me.

Killer Sally (2022) Limited Series Interviews with friends, family and Sally McNeil herself chart a bodybuilding couple's rocky marriage -- and its shocking end in a Valentine's Day murder.

Velvet Goldmine (1998) A decade after a British glam-rocker fakes his assassination and disappears, a tabloid journalist is dispatched to deconstruct the star's legend.

Baby Mamas (2018) From surprise news to relationship blues, four coworkers in different stages of motherhood unite to support each other in their struggles with men.

The Undateables Season 7 (2020) This reality series follows single people with disabilities who sign up with a dating agency to help find romantic partners

Added

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That looks like precisely my jam; playing it straighter than the (found footage) 2010 film which I was reminded of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Is Hereditary on Netflix? Because I can't find it.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. It was recommended as its from the same director as Midsommar which is on Netflix.

Agreed a brilliant movie. I wanna go to Norway and search for trolls.

It’s used to be but was taken off about a year ago. They are 2 great horror films but I think hereditary is better as it’s a bit more ‘normal’.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Ok thanks tried a few other places no luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

Wild Is The Wind

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Watched All Quiet On The Western Front. The battle scenes are incredible, the tank one especially, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it on the whole. Definitely recommend it though.

I've heard several people say it's not a great adaptation of the book, so I'd be interested now in giving it a read. Also need to do a deep dive on history to find out how much of it is based on real events, especially that last charge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good to hear; Sandman was very patchy and a bit of an odd duck - but I prefer the reality where it gets to continue with a Season 2, than be another victim of Netflix's butcher-knife

BLOCKBUSTER Season 1 (2022) This 10-episode comedy stars Randall Park as Timmy Yoon, an analog dreamer living in a 5G world. While everyone else is streaming entertainment, he’s operating the very last Blockbuster and fighting to stay relevant. With the help of his long-time crush, Eliza (Melissa Fumero), the team are hoping they can offer the community something that big corporations can’t: human connection.

The Dragon Prince Season 4 (2022) Season 4 kicks off the next phase of The Dragon Prince saga, called “Mystery of Aaravos.” This new multi-season arc will see the enigmatic Startouch elf, Aaravos, take center stage—staking his claim to the magical world of Xadia after centuries of careful planning.

Added

• Advertisement

I don't have a logical explanation but I always find it weird when Netflix create sitcoms. Just what I presume to be standard, multi-camera sitcoms. They seem like such a relic from the era of Commercial-driven Networks they seem weirdly incongruous when developed for a streaming platform.

That said, wonder if Blockbuster's any good. Randall Park is a funny guy & Melissa Fumero always a hoot on Brooklyn 99.

Advertisement