Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Henryhorse234

Does anyone know how long it takes from completion of references to and off to actual start date I heard it was around 4 weeks but not sure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Anyone know what story is when called for pre-clearance checks? Does it mean they're reaching your oom or does everyone in the batch that passed the interview get called at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

My clearance was completed at the end of September and I’m starting next Monday. I’m in Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Would anyone who has been to interview list what questions they got asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Pre clearence checks is Guarda vetting and then reference checks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Once they get your reference, you will then get a call pretty quickly from the HR of your dept to discuss a start date. I was hoping for a start date of approx 4 weeks but they wanted me to start after my 1 weeks notice but I had 2 weeks holidays planned so we agreed I'd start after my holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Lads just to let ye know the panel is closing at Xmas and from now on future competitions will be supervised aptitude test in chapter house

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Information booklet says panel closes 31 January 2023 though....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

I got email from pas in relation to this absolutely sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Thats part of the information booklet we got in a message, Jan 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crinkley

The booklet for the Dublin CO comp states online assessment, are you saying the next nationwide one would be an assessment centre

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Maglz22

That was the email I got from PAS last month when I asked them how long this campaign was running for as I was hearing different things. Even though the booklet said 31st Jan 2023 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭shmeee

Any of the block of hires won't be till new year, DSP pull the odd one here and there and then Revenue usually start new staff in or around February I think, in a block of maybe 5-10, depending on demand.

Never see too many start over November and December.

Hold tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enright3197

Hi guys, any update on Wexford? I completed and passed my interview in august, still waiting for my garda clearance and references email, hoping it won’t be too long now. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Just got this. Any one know anything about these online tests that can give advice? Any sample tests anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

Not sure what that's about

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

Some management have been told that the current panel could be extended by a few months.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 VLN

OOM 50s for Wexford. Passed interview back in August. Called for clearance mid October. Got offered a possition yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donegal 2022

Anybody know what OOM for Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 VLN

Send via email. They are very quick to respond

Post edited by VLN on

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

Theyre in the 70s

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Usually its 3 tests, a verbal, numerical and situational test. There should be example questions in the familiarisation message, and you can google others. The numerical results are usually not counted in your overall score, but you must pass all 3 tests to proceed and get an order of merit position for your county or area.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 violets

Does anyone know what vacancies are coming up in Galway? I got Garda vetting forms last week

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enright3197

Congratulations VLN ! I hope I’ll hear something soon as my OOM is in the 50s too and I passed my interview in August

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

Hi, would anyone know how & who to apply to for my incremental credit? HR are requesting a letter confirming my previous position. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Hi, once you give HR your letter confirming previous position they will raise a case with PeoplePoint. Once PeoplePoint deal with it they will send instruction to NSSO to increase your pay. Last I heard PeoplePoint were over 2 months backlogged so lots of patience is required.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Any update? I'd definitely keep calling/emailing AGS to find out what's going on.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Hi all, is there anyone here in the Dsp in Hanover street in Cork city?

what are the daily working hours and what time do you actually finish at ? I’m trying to organise child care.

I’m also just wondering about parking arrangements if there is any supplied ? Or is it find your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Just wondering anyone who started recently, are you allowed apply to work from home straight away or would it be frowned upon to ask straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mick001

Thanks Furrybones yes I heard back and starting next week can't wait to start.