Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2

Options
  • 27-10-2022 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Anybody actually getting it? Haven’t played a cod since black ops 4 so I’m tempted to pick it up but it looks more of the same.

I suppose the quietness of this forum might answer the question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Theres still millions playing it, the problem is, a lot of the heads from the 'good ole days' have either moved on, or outgrown it.

Got it today. Loving it 😃

Cold War was my first COD since probably blops 2 and it ended up being my lockdown game and now.my most played game ever according to the xbox museum.

I thought Vanguard was utter trash.

MW2 is fecking brilliant. More similar to Cold War but even better.

Although Cold War Nuke Town '84 is still hands down the best multiplayer experience ever.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭slay55

It’s ok but I far prefer mw than mw2 multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So long time COD fan really didn't like Vanguard so outside of one of the Vanguard double XP/Season Pass tier weekends I spent the last year playing Nuketown on coldwar and shoottheship on MW2019 basically did this to get the daily XP tokens on coldwar and to use them on MW to get the seasons done as quickly as possible.

I think MW2 2022 is good. It was a great idea releasing the campaign a week early and to tie rewards to getting each missions done. I'm still on mission 14 so 3 to go.

Plaqyed the MP and so far I think it's good.

But it has launched in a broken state, I believe it crashes a lot on PC and also can't see the challanges menu even though I've been getting the completed messages coming up.

Daily challanges work fine.

Hardcore mode is missing and won't lanuch until season 1.

I hate the user interface and class making system and the whole time based better perks.

They seem to throw in changes just to say they tried something different.

Also one other glitch is that the Vault edition was supposed to come with a load of extras on release including Double XP and operator skins and they are all missing, seems to be a glitch as checked on Reddit

Anyway will continue playing it over the weekend and I'm sure it will improve.

Multiplayer graphics though are very poor compared to mw and the maps as well

would think mw is the newer gen game than this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

I am watching RAD BRAD on youtube play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Disappointed in it. Looks like a game from years ago, significantly worse than MW 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

if you're on PC the graphic settings for rendering keeps lowered even when dynamic resolution is lowered. Makes it all blurry and ****.

Otherwise its pretty good fun. Not COD4 or legacy MW2 fun but good enough.

120 fps on console is nothing to be sneered at.

Loving Assault. Warzone without the **** map shrinking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I find the game infuriating to be honest just like the beta.

The game is about the best reflexes and little about aim and recoil control.

As for the aim assist on controller lol its literally playing the game for you.

I hated the TTK in 2019 and still do, im not hating on the game, it has its audience clearly so in that sense its a solid game but yet again cod is just not for me.

Thankfully i refunded it on steam.

Checkout the aim assist below **** hilarious.

How Rotational Aim Assist works : CODWarzone (reddit.com)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

That aim assist is crazy. I’m still not sure I’ll bother to pick this up. Probably just infuriate me

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Enjoying this a lot, it's miles ahead of Vanguard. The calling cards are laughable though, 95% of them being for made up make believe sexualities but not a single country flag??

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

I enjoy the aim assist arguments K&M players have,if people think controller is overpowered then buy one and play away,they wont stay on it for too long....As a console player i hate crossplay with PC anyway!

Aim assist rarely kicks in. When it does my reflex reaction is to pull away from it. It's most definitely not the massive advantage kbm players make it out to be.

Personally, I'll play against anyone on any input device. People need to get over themselves and just enjoy the game. Yeah you die a lot, everyone does even kbm players and even controller players with aim assist.

So bought the Vault edition expecting to get 10 hours Double XP and Double weapon XP and the scumbag Activision move if you didn't pre order it via the in game store and say ordered it on Battlenet PSN store or XBOX store you won't get them even though this XP bonus was advertised on the pre-order page (it's now been changed)

Scumbag company

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Man, that aim assist thingy makes sense as to why I've been getting worse at these games. I've been trying to aim, and that's working against me apparantly. Makes complete sense now that I get destroyed by hip firing smgs the whole time. Wow.

They've done another good job of hyping this up, and only for I've to buy tyres for the car I'd probably have bought it. I kinda want Sony to feck off with the CoD stuff now so I could at least not have to buy it and try it on Gamepass. I'd imagine they'll do a free weekend at some point, will give it a whirl then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone on PS5?

PSN - MarkLogan-91

• Registered Users Posts: 8 farada

Cold War was my first COD since probably blops 2 and it ended up being my lockdown game and now.my most played game ever according to the xbox museum.

I thought Call of Duty Mobile Mod was utter trash.

Post edited by farada on

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

Is it anything like the original MW2? Haven’t played COD since Blops 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭foxsake

It's is imo , the MW chapters of franchise are only ones I've bought (even though one of the the futurist one was dire) .

I really like it this , bought for PC . Let kids play campaign first so I'm just playing multiplayer at min

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Really enjoying it, but the gun levelling system is a nightmare. Higher level leaving cert maths would be easier to understand, I'm convinced!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The aim assist thing comes up every time theres a new COD, and I reckon its only because its the biggest FPS on the market.

Pretty much every mainstream console shooter has aim assist, Its needed to deal with the natural lack of precision that thumb sticks have.

Some games off the top of my head that dont have it - Rainbow 6 Siege, Hunt Showdown, and PUBG, and both are orders of magnitude more difficult to actually do well against other players on that platform. If those games had crossplay with PC, the PC players would absolutely dominate them.

The thing is its more than 2x in this cod, the devs confirmed it months ago.

Oddly PC and xbox players cannot disable crossplay where as PS5 users can.

Yes because Sony have made it mandatory for all games to have an option to disable cross play. They were never in favour of cross play in the first place and would rather people buy a PS to gain access to the PS player base.

A little hasty… actually enjoying this a lot.

Game is a bit borked for me at the moment on xbox. I keep losing all my loadouts to generic loadouts and after every game there's this 60 sec intermission and no gun level ups. I jave to quit the game and go back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The TTK is just silly on this, punishes anyone who might actually want to move around the map.

Yeah I've noticed running around ends in certain death. And the amount of times I've bumped into the opposition only for them to get their shot in first is utterly ridiculous. I've tried maxing out hip accuracy, aim down time etc to no avail. I'm on fibre, 1gb and alway at most <38ms matches. Possibly I'm onc he high end of the low latency bracket and being matched with gamers with ridiculously low lag, maybe 8ms or the likes.

I mean it's not always a wipe out. I'm level 55 and have some guns maxed, so I'm doing alright. But after 2 weeks I'm actually starting to tire of this already. I just don't come out of games thinking Jesus that was an epic battle.

Give me Nuketown '84 all day long.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

Hit 55 last night it's dead time for a week. Might finish the campaign.

It's not that bad a game once you get into it.

Also looks like shipment and Shoot the ship coming in season 1😀.

Advertisement