Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I genuinely cannot understand why we allow immigrants or asylum seekers who commit crimes in this country to remain they should be deported as soon as they set foot outside a prison. They don’t respect our country or our laws.

And before the usual rebuttal about Irish criminals unfortunately they are Irish citizens who we can’t deport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

100%correct. Mcentee should try and do something constructive and as soon as these so called multicultural migrants set foot out of the prison it should be straight onto a plane with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

A one strike rule should be in place for serious offences.

A two strike rule for lesser offences.

Hence a one way ticket home wherever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Is there anything at all to be said for a candlelight vigil? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Was just reading about the worlds dirtiest man dying. Why can’t it have bn this one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It’s borne of the idea that there’s a lot to be said for the idea that ignorance is bliss. It doesn’t mean I’m unaware of the misery and suffering that exists in the world inflicted by people more often upon people in their own groups than outsiders - “Don’t trust them, we’ll protect you…”, and it doesn’t require an in-depth knowledge of human history to see how that idea generally works out. I could put it down to Jewish culture just having better PR than Roma culture, but that wouldn’t go anywhere near explaining the discrepancy in how Jews and Roma are perceived, more often based upon stereotypes than reality.

Jacob the accountant is no different than Amir who’s unemployed when they’re both circumcising infants for example. That’s what I mean when I say a person’s occupation has nothing to do with culture. Even then it’s only Muslim Roma who still engage in the practice, Christian Roma don’t, and do I think most people are interested in differentiating between Christian and Muslim Roma? Nah, they’re perceived as being all the one as far as most people are concerned in my experience anyway - scumbags. The same people don’t generally have a very high opinion of Jews either. Anyone who isn’t them really, and anyone who doesn’t buy what they’re selling can get in the boat and all.

Of course any group of people who are a minority in the social hierarchy aren’t going to fit in with the predominant social group, but the idea that any minority group who have zero political influence or political representation at national level are a threat to the predominant hierarchy is only demonstrable through propaganda - cherry picking stats, highlighting negative behaviour involving people of that group, promoting negative stereotypes, etc, while ignoring, excusing or playing down the negative behaviour of members among their own group, or promoting favourable stereotypes of their own group, or groups they identify as being salt of the earth types, it has about as much legitimacy as phrenology, because it isn’t an argument based on culture, it’s an argument based upon promoting prejudice against outsiders, or favouring groups they deem acceptable in Irish society.

That’s the kind of stuff off culture wars, which I really can’t bring myself to be interested in, they kinda bring me back to that point in my life in the 90’s where I was walking into a church for Sunday mass and there were a group of young lads standing outside, and one of them obviously looking to get a rise shouted after me “paedophile!”. I just thought “fcuk me, that’s depressing”; the idea that they’d nothing better to do with their lives? I do, which is why I’m not interested in wasting it watching some tits on Twitter making eejits of themselves. I don’t need to see it. I know it goes on, I also know there is no possible good can come from me encouraging idiots who upload and spread that kind of shyte on social media. They should go read a book, one of the classics, or do something more productive with their time, they might learn something useful.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

0ph0rce0 and tonium22 threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Honesty Policy

Oh Brillant! Fair Play to Donegal CC! I must read up on this. I had read in the local newspaper that since the Creeslough tragedy no more refugees were being sent here as the resources and money obviously had to used to support the area.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Letterkenny as a town is unrecognisable compared to 5-10 years ago. I know someone who worked in a school in Letterkenny on a temporary contract recently and it made for extremely grim listening to! It's starting to seep into where we are too. Another mini Letterkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Interesting stat on the Brazillian presidential election, 500 thousand overseas voters registered 12 thousand of then in Ireland.

We're absolute fools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

What an absolute freak. Seriously this is what we are letting into our country now. Grade A freaks.

12k Brazilians is not a new story. Was 13k at 2016 census. Not everyone would register to vote unless it's compulsory there??

A good news multicultural example if taken in isolation

no mention of the childrens false passports being confiscated, no mention of deportation, no just sob story after sob story, softest touch of a country in Europe, probably the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

There were 13k pps numbers issued to Brazilians in 2022 alone. Id say its more like 50k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

This is absolutely beyond a joke now!!!

In the 9 months to September 2022, there were 232,000 PPS numbers issued in Ireland. Only 53,000 of them were for Irish people.

13,000 Brazilians, 14,000 Indians, 12,000 Romanians and 55,000 Ukrainians so far in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

But why is there a chronic housing crisis?

Why are people spending upto 15 hours waiting in A+E?

A dirty miserable rat race for most while the rich and powerful live away from the result of their policies and pontificating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

^^^^

FFS

Country has rightly gone down the shitter!

We desperately need a right wing government to put an end to this scam

That's the thick of it

No amount of protests, or contacting the idiot TDs will be of any good.

We need a proper decent party to rise up and take the bull by the horns, starting with the immigration fiasco. I'd love to know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭archfi

'Why are people waiting 15 hours in A&E?'

Try 34 hours, me last April.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

Post edited by Fandymo on

Im stuck for words. Are you serious? That just tops it all...

Post edited by Fandymo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

While it's nowhere near as serve or consequential, the stuff with the presidency, where you need parliamentary support to be on the ticket is also scandalous in my view. As it means that the worst people in society are the gatekeepers of can run and who can't, which to me is not very democratic. Most Western societies are really in the post democratic stage, where democracy in a pure sense only exists in name, in reality we live under a system that has little respect for the purist nature of democracy.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ten years and the Irish will be a minority in their own country.

What a great little country we had once upon a time.

Post edited by Jinglejangle69 on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It wasn’t snuck in at all? It’s been on the cards for years. The article in the legislation you’re referring to doesn’t mean anyone can’t still register a new political party. The same criteria apply to anyone who wishes to register a new party, regardless of their policies.

Immigration just doesn’t really resonate as an issue with the Irish electorate, which is why already existing parties which run on a platform “taking the bull by the horns” with regard to immigration, just don’t get anywhere. People have other more important issues which have a more direct impact on their daily lives, than immigration -

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020/2020/0209/1114111-election-exit-poll/

And anything but unwavering support for the destruction of your own people is; "racist", "far right" or "fascist". Europeans are the only group in history of man who've been told that they've no right to fight for their own ethnic interests.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Concern about immigration has consistently grown since 2020, think it was 6 percent earlier in the year. It'll be higher now due to the coverage.

In addition polls have consistently shown people favour caps on immigration, and limits on the number of Ukrainians the country should take.

I am not anti legal immigration at all but yes interesting in the poll above the two above are impacted largely by demand (not the only issue with either tbh) and the link between increased demand and housing issues is being increasingly highlighted. I genuinely think FF are trolling the far right with some of their recent housing tweets 😂

• Advertisement

Those Irish who voted in the citizenship referendum have either all disappeared, or they simply weren't polled, which is more likely. It's honestly pathetic that people still rely on polling like this, as I wouldn't bet a cent on the accuracy of such polling. I'd be with the likes of Peter Hitchens when it comes to polling, who is of the view that polling exists to persuade and not to inform. It's not to say that it's all corrupted, but enough of it is to remain skeptical.

Advertisement