Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Fair to say that I think the CMC trade is working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,284 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just thinking about Aaron Rodgers as I'm watching the game. It's like he's in the same situation as Brett Favre was back in '07. That was his third season with a first round pick sitting on the bench.

Rodgers is in the very same situation now. He's not looking as good as he did just like Favre and has a first round pick sitting behind him in the bench for three seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

An error I feel many made was trying to compare CMC to a one dimensional RB for who that kind of cost would have been very high. He is so much more than that, he could do a decent job playing purely as a WR.

Limited QBs like Jimmy need that kind of outlet, where he can check down to and make something happen themselves. 49ers used Deebo for that last season but this year teams have become too focused on ensuring he is well covered. Rams came second in trying to trade for CMC and I'm pretty confident the result would be switched yesterday if CMC had gone to the Rams, given how their whole gameplan was focused on screens.

Deebo, their WR3, and Juice weren't playing yesterday so post bye they should give defenses even more problems. Several starters on defense hopefully will also be back so they're in a decent spot to push for a playoff spot which would have looked very difficult with a loss yesterday.

*Adding an edit that obviously CMC can get injured and everything I said above would blow up, that is where the risk is for the cost more than the player being worth it or the fit being perfect

Post edited by Foxtrol on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That post just proved my statement about having no idea what you're talking about.

You're trying to use box scores this season and it shows you're completely ignorant context. Lance played one full game and it was in a monsoon and yet he still put up 164 yards in the air and 54 on the ground. For comparison Mac Jones put up a whopping 19 yards and -3 yards on the ground in his bad weather game last season. Lance's other start this season he broke his ankle on his second drive of the game - a complete joke to imply his stats were over 'two games'.

Look, Lance has started 3 full games for the 49ers, 2 in a system that wasn't tailored for his skillset and 1 in a monsoon. No one knows how he is going to turn out at this point - you might feel you know more than Shanahan who sees him every day, which is arrogant but fine, but no one actually knows.

I'm not surprised Lance and Fields have gotten far more vitriol towards them than the other 3 2021 first round QBs. They all have huge question marks beside them at this point, none of them trending positive, Lance is however is the one we've seen by far the least of and also the youngest.

Personally, I'd be much more concerned if my 'pro ready' QB who looked like he might have already hit his ceiling in college is continuing to trend downwards from the first half of his rookie season, now looks like a complete mess, and is getting booed by his home fans. I know you're upset and had completely bought into the Jones hype but you don't have to project your disappointment onto players who haven't even had a proper opportunity yet.

I'm saying Lance is done as a starter. He hasn't looked good when he's played and the NFL doesn't wait for guys to improve if they have injuries on top of poor play. Lynch and Shanahan won't get any blame for giving up all those picks because they can put it down to the injuries.

Mac Jones is going through a bad patch and I'm hopeful he'll get through it. The big problem for Mac is that a rookie replaced him and in two starts had the highest QB rating of any starter in the league this year. Even at this stage after another half game where he didn't play well he's still seventh.

Mac started with 2 TDs and 5 ints before he got injured. He's still the starter despite Zappe's good showing so that shows what the coaches think of him. I'm sure he'll get back on track soon. I think the loss of his favourite target, Devante Parker, might actually help him.

Anyways Mac started badly with the 5 ints and then this guy comes in and lights it up for two games and the fans love him for it, so it's not so much that they were booing Mac, it's more they were booing anybody who's wasn't Bailey Zappe.

I don't know how Zappe's career will work out but I do know he should never have made it out of the second round after what he did in college. He was a steal in the fourth round.

Yes I'm a huge fan of Mac and was so before he came out of college and I thought he should have been the second QB off the board and to this point he's been, at worst, the second best.

I'm not upset at all, this often happens to second year QBs. I'm still fully behind Mac and believe he'll be at worst the second best from the 2021 class and if Lawrence doesn't get it together he might even work out the best.

J

• Advertisement

The Bengals have been awful tonight. Chase is obviously a huge loss but Boyd and Hurst have hardly been looked at. Boyd has made some great moves but he's only been targeted three times and has two catches for 25 yards, Hurst has one target and it was a 21 yard catch. Meanwhile Higgins, who was questionable for the game, has been targeted five times and has two catches for eight yards. Boyd had a huge game last week and Hurst has been very good when the ball has been thrown his way. I think they have to be used more with Chase out.

While I was typing that the Browns went down the field and scored on their first drive of the second half to make it 18-0.

Browns are just going after Burrow every play now because his first reads every play are the same guys who aren't getting open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Only 9/15, another terrible round for me. Again too many shocks and strange results, not my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

10-5 takes me to 74-49 for the season.

Didn't get to watch much this weekend so no real comments form me. Hoping to get a better run at it next week!

Which of the following was a strange result?

Ravens, Falcons, Dolphins, Vikings, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, Titans, Seahawks, 49ers, Bills?

All of the above were favourites to win.

The Broncos and Saints won what were considered 50/50 games.

Commanders over Colts and Browns over Bengals were the only real surprises and not huge surprises either with a rookie QB for the Colts and Chase injured for the Bengals.

Broncos and Saints I had the other teams. Now Jags shuda definitely won, game turned when they didn’t run in the TD to go 14 up and threw the interception, and all Denver from then. Raiders are very inconsistent, had them to win which was probably my worst pick. Had the 2 New York to win thinking they would keep their runs going even tho Seattle are good at home. Then Colts and Bengals let me down. A lot of these games each week can swing either way so trying accumulator bets is just throwing money away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

Will be copying u next wknd and making 2 or 3 tweaks to get the 13/13. Mwahahhhah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A lot of these games each week can swing either way so trying accumulator bets is just throwing money away.

If only you were told that weeks ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Was going through these and was wrong for first 3 and was getting worried but its 11-4 for the week making it 74-49 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

48-60 coming. 11-4 on the week takes me to 59-64, slowing working my way back to 0.500

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Week 9

Thursday Night 12.15am

Eagles @ Texans

Sunday 6pm

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears

Panthers @ Bengals

Packers @ Lions

Bills @ Jets

Vikings @ Commanders

Raiders @ Jaguars

Sunday 9.25pm

Seahawks @ Cardinals (9.05pm)

Rams @ Buccaneers

Sunday Night 1.20am

Titans @ Chiefs

Monday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Saints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Eagles tomorrow. Do the rest over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

68-55

Week 9

Thursday Night 12.15am

Eagles @ Texans 

Sunday 6pm

Colts @ Patriots 

Chargers @ Falcons 

Dolphins @ Bears 

Panthers @ Bengals 

Packers @ Lions 

Bills @ Jets 

Vikings @ Commanders 

Raiders @ Jaguars 

Sunday 9.25pm

Rams @ Buccaneers 

Sunday Night 1.20am 

Titans @ Chiefs 

Monday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Saints

An easy round for an expert like me. Going for Eagles, Patriots, Falcons, Dolphins, Bengals, Packers, Bills, Vikings, Jaguars, Cardinals, Bucs, Chiefs, Ravens.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

75-48

Week 9

Thursday Night 12.15am

Eagles @ Texans - Eagles

Sunday 6pm

Colts @ Patriots - Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons - Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears - Dolphins

Panthers @ Bengals - Bengals

Packers @ Lions - Packers

Bills @ Jets - Bills

Vikings @ Commanders - Vikings

Raiders @ Jaguars - Raiders

Sunday 9.25pm

Seahawks @ Cardinals (9.05pm) - Seahawks

Rams @ Buccaneers - Rams

Sunday Night 1.20am

Titans @ Chiefs - Chiefs

Monday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Saints - Ravens

75-48

Eagles @ Texans

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears

Panthers @ Bengals

Packers @ Lions

Bills @ Jets

Vikings @ Commanders

Raiders @ Jaguars

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Rams @ Buccaneers

Titans @ Chiefs

Ravens @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

73 - 50

Week 9

Eagles @ Texans

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears

Panthers @ Bengals

Packers @ Lions

Bills @ Jets

Vikings @ Commanders

Raiders @ Jaguars

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Rams @ Buccaneers

Titans @ Chiefs

Ravens @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

8-7 last week, 74-49 for the year

Eagles @ Texans

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears

Panthers @ Bengals

Packers @ Lions

Bills @ Jets

Vikings @ Commanders

Raiders @ Jaguars

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Rams @ Buccaneers

Titans @ Chiefs

Ravens @ Saints

I had the titans picked but changed my mind. Derrick Henry is just an incredible player but will the run game be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

74-49

Week 9

Eagles @ Texans

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears

Panthers @ Bengals

Packers @ Lions

Bills @ Jets

Vikings @ Commanders

Raiders @ Jaguars

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Rams @ Buccaneers

Titans @ Chiefs

Ravens @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Week 9

Thursday Night 12.15am

Eagles @ Texans

Sunday 6pm

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bears

Panthers @ Bengals

Packers @ Lions

Bills @ Jets

Vikings @ Commanders

Raiders @ Jaguars

Sunday 9.25pm

Rams @ Buccaneers

Sunday Night 1.20am

Titans @ Chiefs

Monday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Saints

• Advertisement

Anything less than 11/13 this round for me and I will eat my hat.

Advertisement