Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Summer157

Nolan talking about the recruitment process

Hopefully yesterdays BBC story will apply a bit more pressure on the powers that be to get this resolved sooner than FY24

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spudboy1999

anyone else still checking these just in the off chance of some hopeful information coming through? Just me :(

Post edited by spudboy1999 on

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

You are not alone my friend, i religiously check this board and the one for 2020 campaign just in the off chance... stay positive no news is good news or so they say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

Me too 😂

i check the boards every day on my morning break 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 marshall6

Has anyone else been trying to do the maths around start dates?

I keep coming up with summer 2024 as the earliest possible start for people that aren't in the top couple of hundred.

Though it could even be 2025 if they take 50 every 3 months as that's only 200 per year.

Post edited by marshall6 on

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Well don’t forget june-august are off months because of the 12th.

Psni website update to include a “future recruitment” panel

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

PSNI recruitment has featured in the news frequently over the last weeks and months which can only be a good thing to raise awareness of the position.

Whilst there is no executive unfortunately, I can't see anything changing. There does seems to be quite a lot going on politically with calls for an election at the end of the month, protocol bill in process and promising talks with the EU. Hard to know which direction it will go.

If there does happen to be a functioning executive, I would say the PSNI would get a substantial amount for recruitment and the process would pick up really quickly- we can only hope. The C.C has stated that the PSNI will have the lowest number of officers in its history by April. All these statements give more weight for requesting more money.

We won't be far off 1 year since applying, and as grateful as I am for even passed A.C, I didn't think we would still be in this position.

Brutal process for candidates in our position, nonetheless, I just hope we get some positive new before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

Spare a thought for the 2020 candidates that are approaching 3 years since applying 😳

• Advertisement

Brutal.

But the way this campaign is going, people with a higher number will be waiting longer than three years.

At least people at the top in 2020 campaign had started started GV shortly after getting results, this hasn’t happened with the 2021 campaign. Nobody from this campaign has even started remaining stages.

but three years is serious amount of time 🤯

Looks like they're still putting pressure on. Even the policing board are in agreement but it appears that nothing can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Really hoping that people start to take notice! PSNI officers are gonna end up worn out at the pressures they face exactly like our NHS. The most vulnerable In our society will suffer & I worry for them

Currently wondering if another election is going to benefit all of us stuck in recruitment limbo.

Unfortunately I don't see it making much difference. It seems Stormont is reluctant to function regardless however I did see a BBC article a few weeks which stated..

BBC News, " Heaton-Harris said if an election was called, he would also take steps to pass a budget for Northern Ireland through Parliament in November, to ensure money can still flow through Stormont departments" 

Hopefully this happens as it would probably help speed things up for us. However only time will tell so the wait continues lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Hopefully my current job is draining the life out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Summer157

I am bottom quarter of the ML, at this rate it honestly could be 2025/26 before I get in

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭lornzeo99

They are taking around 10 people in January and the next intake will be May.

How did you find that out also have the 10 people been told ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

pm me too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

And meeeeee

what do people want to know? Send me a pm.

For those listening to politics today, Chris Heaton-Haris has introduced legislation for more powers with finance in the absence of ministers, and even said in the house of commons "enable civil service departments to make a small number of vital public appointments, such as the Northern Ireland Policing Board"

I think the fact that in his short speech he directly addressed finance for policing can only be a good thing for us as there has been a lot of noise recently about lack of a budget for policing, even today for example on the Frank Mitchell show.

Who knows what this would translate too in terms of recruitment numbers etc... but some good news nonetheless.

Any thoughts?

Honestly my heads put away at this stage, started a new job well paid but so so boring….don’t really want to be job hopping 🥱🥱

I read online that everything mentioned in his statement was proposals for legislation and the legislation will need to be passed, if so that could take weeks. I am hopefull that it will speed everything up abit though just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Be interesting to see how police numbers are over the next few months while recruitment is frozen.

Possible light at the end of the tunnel.

Senior civil servants now have the power to allocate funding to emergency services

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

I had almost forgotten my merit list number, this has taken so long lol

I can't see many people staying in the merit list this time round tbh.

I can imagine many people won't even be able to survive on the recruit salary, with the cost of living crisis or be willing to take the pay cut anymore. As bad as that is, I guess that helps those that stay on the list, making it smaller.

I am lucky enough to have a partner in a good job, so I can take a pay cut for a short while.

just hope the campaign wouldn't be scrapped, although I see that as unlikely.

Just wish things would get started again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

And just to add, I think I saw that 400 pulled out last time. And I would say it would be more this time round, not leaving too many remaining

Advertisement