Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Gotta assume Shibata.

What a weird Dynamite; Jeff Jarrett, Colt Cabana, Rick Ross and Shibata.

House of Black promo was cool. Main event was decent as was the All Atlantic match but aside from that I thought the matches this week were a bit sloppy. Crowd were dead for Moriarty/Mox, The Firm have no heat at all. Colt vs Jericho was a bit of a mess, Colt seems nice but don't have much love for him in the ring. I do find it weird that they make a big deal out of his return, seems like it just confirms that they pulled him to satisfy Punk which they denied, which may not be true but the optics look like it is. Darby match and Jade were okay. The JAS/BCC feud needs to end, it's gone far too long.

The build to a few matches at Full Gear in two weeks has been poor enough tbh. Mox vs MJF didn't get anything this week. Jamie and Toni should be great but it being the Interim really kills the interest for me, Jamie finally getting the belt should be without asterisks next to it. What is the Saraya/Britt feud about, it felt like what they did this week was just to stretch it out another week, what a waste.

Then again I've said many times the build hasn't been great and the PPV has, no doubt it will be the same here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I honestly can’t remember the last time AEW did a good build to the AEW World championship.

Punk/Mox was a mess with the squash match prior on dynamite. Mox/Page was poorly built as well. And now they’ve managed to make Mox/MJF boring and predictable with the firm “turning on MJF”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

House of black promo is great but will they do anything with them..they failed to push them the last time. Could give them the trios but thats another feud with death triangle who appear to be splitting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

With DoubleJ back does this mean that Tony will move from his AEWCW style of booking to a new TNAEW style? Wonder what Dixie is up to these days?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Jarrett, Sting, Christian, Joe.. the young punks in the locker room not showing the proper respect to the vets, just sitting around playing with their joysticks instead of asking advice from all these champs.. AEW/ROH is begging for Main Event Mafia 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J-E-double F J-A-double R-E-double T is back, baby. He looks in great shape, in fairness. But still...

• Advertisement

It'll be Flair first, Sexual Assault < Racism in the carny world and he already has his angle with Lethal and Jeff up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This. MJF got the rub of beating Punk already and was likely going to win the title off him with a likely huge gate and PPV. Hangman had a great journey to the title but absolutely lost the title at the right time. Darby was Punk's first match (which he was inevitably going to win) yet Punk still gave him way more than he had to. It's not Punk's fault that Darby is stuck in an endless story with Sting...that now has Jeff Jarrett? Lol

The pile on Punk is embarrassing to me but it's grand because All Friends Wrestling is truly back. I say that as someone who hadn't paid for wrestling in years but was paying to watch them on Fite TV weekly and for their PPV. I was absolutely behind them but ever since Hangman won the title it feels like the show is over to me and Tony didn't really know what to do after it.

Jeff really does boil peoples piss yet he has constantly worked in the business at a very top level for nearly 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was the big distraction during the Mox match that the crowd were reacting to? Was it Lamar Jackson's arrival?

As for Mike Tyson, I just have one question: Why?

Looks like Claudio is going for the RoH title again.

Hope Colt is getting paid well if the reason he was taken off TV was because of Punk. Of course the official story is he was finding himself or something like that.

Fair play if you managed to type that with a straight face 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Delighted to see Colt back, just one of the good guys in wrestling and Punk's tirade against Colt was disgraceful and I for wont shed a tear to see Punk gone.

It's really soured me against Punk tbh

Meltzer saying Shibata has been fully cleared to wrestle that is great news.

He also said Shibata requested to have a matches with Orange and Danielson.

A fully fit and cleared Shibata vs Danielson will be a joy to watch.

Speaking of being cleared to wrestle. Has the artist formerly known as Paige been cleared yet, didn't she sign for AEW like 2 months ago but I feel like she's done nothing of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's a part of me that really wants to see Shibata/Danielson, and a equal part that really doesn't.

She did an interview with Renee to announce she'll announce her status next week......

• Advertisement

I guess you actually don't watch AEW wrestling then or you would have seen the answer to your question.

You just comment sarcastically on here for your own kicks.

Cheers, I guess she's cleared so otherwise it wouldn't be much of an announcement.

I really don't want to see Shibata/Danielson either, still cringe everytime Danielson does headbutts and goes as hard as he does. He really don't need to go that hard every time but I guess that's just the performer in him.

Yeah she said there's just one more doctor she needs to consult, meaning Britt clearly. So she probably attacks Britt next week then announces she's cleared to wrestle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Even if Paige is healthy to wrestle I'd imagine she'll have some ring rust. I don't expect much from her inside the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

He's not back in AEW. Apparently this was just a once off for the Jericho story line.

I always thought she was a bit overrated in the ring anyway. She benefitted from being one of the first in the wave of those coming up from NXT that weren't "Divas". She was ok and she's always had a good look but the likes of Sasha and Bayley were/are a level above in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah was watching NXT this week and just thought Gigi Dolin reminds me of Paige.

Shibata vs Orange was great fun and Tyson was better than JR on commentary.

Damn Bandido vs. Rush next Friday also on the show Lance Archer vs Starks and Brian Cage vs. Dante Martin

Jericho vs. Danielson vs. Castagnoli vs. Guevara announced for Full Gear for the ROH Title.

Jamie Hayter vs. Toni Storm could steal the show at Full Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

First time watching Rampage in a long time.

Shibata/OC was pretty decent, definitely a bit of slower, safer and more technical match. Tyson seemed pretty interested, High AF but interested. Although I couldn't tell if he actually knew Shibata or not, sounded like a lot of generic comments at first. Enjoyable though.

Aside from that can't say I'm any more interested in Rampage than I was before. Another tournament just seems like overkill and the list of people I would actually want to win is short.

• Advertisement

Meltzer reporting that Bandido is officially All Elite .

Advertisement