Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Looking forward to your upcoming benevolent couple 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes! I flipping hate to see that. There's no excuse for it, imo. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

over 24 hours later and no reply, so fûck em… I shall be giving my business elsewhere…

my TA is my Dad home from hospital having been told to take it easy, rest, to do SFA of any physical nature for 3 weeks… Only… R E S T

hes in their house 20 minutes when an almighty crash is heard from the attic. I head up… He was moving boxes of Xmas decorations from the press at the end of the attic to be ready to be taken down in a few weeks. 😏🙄 and a box fell.

our suspicions were that it was overdoing DIY and physical / work endeavours at his age that caused the first problem ffs…

” next time you end in there with the same issue, you’ll be getting a visit from the grim reaper before me “ was the mothers funny exclamation having been initially slightly relieved it was not him collapsing but relief turned to anger when she sees his endeavours….. still funny a bit in the aftermath but jeeez it’s been a tough enough couple of years… LISTEN to your doctors. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Office mate can't stay quiet for more than 2 minutes. Mutters to himself on a regular basis about whatever hes doing on his PC in between drumming his fingers, singing and whistling. I have to leave the office on a regular basis for a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Accidentally putting a favourite jumper through a hot wash. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Family Christmas Gift Exchange - the family this year wants to increase the amount we spend on each gift. Fine for the ones proposing it who only have to buy for 3 people. I'm buying for the 3 in the exchange plus another 8.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then I'd say agree on an overall total per "family" and divide that by the components. e.g. €240 divided by three or €240 divided by 8. I mean, feck it, it's the thought that counts, or it should be, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

((HUGS)) Everything here gets blown into the shed doorway as there is a wind tunnel effect between shed and house..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My mother once did that with a beautiful hand knittted blue jersey she had just finished making for me...Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Diesel...not even empty...€101

Vaccination for Heidi the dog...€75

But what annoyed me the most was a packet of coffee filters normally about 1.80 now €2.29

Reminds me of the song 'How can a poor man stand such times and live?'

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Customer: bla bla bla I want one please

Me: sorry, but they're sold In pairs, you need to buy the set

Customer: but I only want one

Me: They're purchased in pairs, they're sold in Pairs.. like shoes...

Customer: but I only need one

Me: let me transfer you.....into the abyss. Enjoy the phone music fcùknut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had one a bit like this, having explained to the customer that they would have to order their bra according to the measurement instructions on the website. customer said she cant do that as she needs someone to read the numbers, demands that I put her onto the non existent "measuring department " as they would only talk to the boss!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Poor fella was put asleep this evening. Refused to be there to witness it happening and taking it worse than the OH is so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Sorry to hear that, C. A quote from a TV show that I've found can help in situations such as that.

"There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And every day when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it will be the second thing."

im reading my favourite city centre pub for food and a pre gig pint had been hit with a closure order… I haven’t been there since before covid and was only talking two weeks ago of venturing back in. Seemingly reading on, it was lifted 24 hours later…but…

been going about 18 years for pre gig pints or post shopping food and relaxation but had noticed in the last couple of years before the pandemic the old gregarious and enthusiastic chefs in pristine whites had been replaced by a few greasy heads that looked like they’d fallen in off a barge with a ten o clock shadow and and all the interest of a dead penguin….

hopefully a kick up the hole for owners and management alike but I think it will be a while and a review or two more before I’ll be going back in… I wouldn’t mind it was my favourite city pub eatery, had been delicious in its prime and won loads of awards and praised in the local and international media….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Looking up recipes. No , I don’t want to know why you make this , or how your friends/family love it. Just effing tell me what to do !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Mentioned ×1000 times already

But stumbled into twitter this morning.

My god, it's a cesspool of piss. There is nothing useful with it, despite people saying it's a great source for news, it's really not, because I'm not going to jump into a slurry tank to get the newspaper. You might get the news but I really can think of half a dozen ways of getting the news.

It's full of crusades and band wagons where every topic decends into identity politics and gender

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The one thing I do look at in Twitter is Buitengebieden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That, A Daily Cloud, Dog Rates and Thoughts of Dog are all absolute gems.

I do find it a bit amusing when people complain about the content they see on Twitter when it's entirely down to how they've curated their own timeline - you chose to follow those people, like! 😄

Anyway, today's TA is that it should be a running day for me, but then I'd need to wash my hair before I go out later and I really, reeeeaaaallllly hate washing my hair. But I had Cluck for dinner last night and should really, reeeeaaaallllly go and out run some of that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dentist. 😬

• Advertisement

Or even worser, the hygienist and accompanying lecture they ALWAYS give...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Put bluntly, today is reminding me ever single minute whey I have to live alone.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A certain Irish airline… whoever controls their Instagram and Twitter is a fûcking class A cock end…who should be embarrassed to breathe. In the past they could be irreverent and funny to a degree but now.. abusing passengers, being hateful and spiteful to whoever shows any degree of criticism or relates any experience which is less then 100% positive.

they actually come across as more then a little psycho. Pure weirdness..

If you're talking about the "Unfair Airline", I loathe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I can’t find the battery cover for my remote control. It works fine but grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I know your pain, I have to have mine duct taped to keep it attached to the control.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When you get one thing fixed only to have the repairman create another more annoying problem.

My parents not getting the "one out, one in" concept of the wine fridge. Came home there to all my wine on the shelf and two empty spaces in the wine fridge.

And yes, I'm aware that this is quite possibly *the* most first world TA ever. So sue me.

BoredPanda have started blocking the Firefox adblocker. Up to a few days ago you could choose to continue without enabling it, now it's no longer possible to do so and your options are to either whitelist the site or close out if it. I guess this means no more BoredPanda for me.

• Advertisement

The magical ability of liquids to expand in volume by a factor of about a hundred as soon as you spill one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement