Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

That Laoise does nothing but moan!

Ooooh that camera in the teddy is creepy! Briain is behind it I assume...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Give me twenty guesses and I still would not have predicted who set that camera up. It was a good twist in fairness.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

for those watching the old episodes on youtube, they've now added them to the tg4 website archive so you can binge upto season 9 to your hearts content...They were only upto season 5 episode 28 on youtube...

https://www.tg4.ie/ga/brandai-eile/tg4-archive/ros-na-run/

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Hmm .. wonder what Malachi's up to? I always felt he was a little creepy.

• Advertisement

What is Vera's game?? She's not even related to the child!

Agreed, it would have made far more sense if they made the actress her former character Brid. Instead of this Vera one.

Tony could have been her secret love child with John Joe. Who we later find out about as John Joe being the father.

As we know John Joe always kept his gun uncovered and fully loaded. Causing uproar in Gardai echelons in RnR. And yet more friction with Imelda.

And meanwhile Brid trying to wrestle control of cúl caint from Berni after all these years. Using Berni’s child Lenora as leverage in the plot.

Simple - would make sense. But instead we get another ‘out of place’ plot. Vera snooping for no real reason and a Tony who is scared stiff of his mother.

Despite the fact we were previously led to believe that Tony worshiped the ground his mother Vera walks on.

Zero consistency- gan ciall ar fad.

I was basically ag bingeail the last while catching up after the WC soccer.

Just some thoughts on the last 10 episodes or so. Most of the writing has been good. Some great lines in it.

Not least the last episode where they got John Joe to say ‘situation’ as béarla while wearing a balaclava while wearing a gun. Plus Maeve had a great line to David asking had he met her before? When he said it is only a scarf she would forgive her.

Coli Jackie is a legend as always. Always scheming and tight with money. The Sorcha/Sadie/Malachi/Rory storyline I am enjoying that. Michelle/Greg/Sorcha storyline that works as well.

But they seem to be only vehicles to give the Sorcha character a point of existing. Since Briain vanished she seems to just be looking for things to do.

The ‘odd couples’ - Noreen/Tadgh David/Catriona all work well.

The Mack/Sonia storyline is good. Nice chemistry between the actors. But Jayus, the RnR set design people have no attention to detail.

For instance can someone tell me why in the name of Jayus would Mack STILL have photos of Dee in his apartment? The woman who tried to ruin his life and kidnap his child!??

A few episodes ago when Sonia and Mack were having an argument in Mack’s apartment (after Coili Jackie fixed the flat tyre) I could clearly see a photo of Dee with friends - over Mack’s shoulder.

Sorry can’t screenshot it devices won’t let me screenshot TG4 player.

There I was thinking that Realtin III was young Katy 2.0. But I think that role has been taken over by 'Che'. I thought the fact that 'Che' was only short for Seamus was gas. Well played by the RnR writers on that one.

Does it seem like everyone on RnR has been unusually mean and grouchy lately?

• Advertisement

I have it on now and every character is giving out to each other, or involved in some sort of manipulation. All in a run of quick scenes one after another - with just 11 minutes gone.

Realtin annoyed with Noreen. Tadgh annoyed with John Joe. Manus getting annoyed with Tadgh. Noreen annoyed with Maeve. Sadie manipulated by Malachai. Colli Jackie annoyed with Sadie. And Sadie annoyed with Coli Jackie. Sam annoyed with Mack. Mack annoyed with Sam. Realtin annoyed with Che.

I made note of the writer of the episode Niamh Ní Chualáin, to see if it is her style.

Why don't they want Che to go back to America?

I assume he gets in with the wrong crowd. Didn’t Che pay an airfare to Copenhagen for some randomer. And let on he was mugged for the sympathy vote.

Again if RnR was more true to life. Would any parents want to put up with a son like Che?

In reality sending him to America wouldn’t be far enough. He is extremely annoying.

That Malaci is a horrible excuse for a man!

Again, Mack can't seem to control himself when he's drunk! UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Well that was some episode!!! I didn't see that coming. It's all getting interesting now and it's not too long til we finish up for summer noooooo!

I surely didn't see the Diana storyline coming!!! We will probably have to wait until next season to find out if Sonia pulls through and Mack is held responsible or not.

The Garda is pure evil. Poor Mack :( He's been through enough already with all the crap with Dee

Great to have RnR back! Great episode last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

So delighted RnR is back again and the 1st two episodes have been epic - signs of a great action packed season to come I hope. Looking forward to it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

I missed most of the last season - will I be completely lost now for this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Just watched the first two episodes last night, very good. Good twist bringing Conal back from the dead;)

Just watched Episode 2. Had me totally fooled about Conal!! Very good episode.

The writers are doing great for these episodes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I just started watching ros na run lately and I think it’s great. Tuesday and Thursday with omnibus on Sunday is that all of it. Rte one had it on lately but I think it’s older ones

Yes, that's it unless you want to watch the old episodes online.

And David has gone totally gray! Looks great on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Thanks Maureen

That Laoise is painful! She does nothing but moan! She is being horrible to poor Realtín!

• Advertisement

I'm watching the old classic episodes at the moment. That Jo Ní Loideáin is some headcase! What is she playing at? Is it all just attention seeking?

Advertisement