Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivium - January 7th 2023 !

Options
  • 20-10-2022 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Not sure how I feel about the venue but looking forward to them. Haven't seen them since 2009.

Comments

Everyone is touring hence the venue I guess?

EDIT: What is the status of the Ambassador these days? I'm not in Dublin these days. Is it in use at all even? Wasn't last I checked years ago and it was in an ideal spot for the bus home if based in Dublin. Pretty sure that was the last venue I saw Trivium in Dublin... 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Been more than 10 years since it was used for gigs I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah venue is a bit strange but with the show been so soon after christmas a few sutible venues are booked up (Olympia has there panto still running, Vicar Street has Tommy Tiernan). Places like The Academy, Opium, Whelans are free that night or even The National Stadium with all suiting this kind of concert

I got a ticket to this and looking forward too it, great start to gigs for 2023. The setlist on the US leg of the tour is not my ideal one but what can ya do. First time seeing Trivium,would of been a mainstay on my ipod in the early 2000s

------

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sudocremegg

The gigs in the amabassador all those years ago were amazing. Shame that venue is no more for whatever reason. I'm mostly just concerned about the lack of pubs or food places around the helix, and transportation there to the city will be a bit of a pain after.

• Advertisement

Fozzys gig in Dublin next Tuesday has been moved from the National Stadium to Opium

Maybe something similar could happen to this gig and how bad would it be to get a venue in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pleased to say Helix date is nearly sold out, only standing tickets available.

Trivium are a legit act most fans of rock music should do well to show up for, Fozzy are not.

Poor 'Le Champion'

Definitely agree with you though

Second date added for Dublin Sun 8th, may have to double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I got a bit bored with Trivium, I saw them during In Waves and Vengeance Falls tour. Maybe I just lost interest in that genre.

• Advertisement

Never been to the helix before

Is the Charlestown bus the best to and from O Connell Street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Want to head for a pint in Gravediggers pub

Is it walkable from there too The Helix ?

Going by Google maps, The Charlestown bus seems to the handiest

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Anyone have a spare ticket for the Saturday night? Ideally standing.

Drop me a Pm if you do please?

Looking forward too the gig Saturday night even if its looks very likely there won't be much/any on the setlist from my 2 favourite albums 'Ascendancy' and 'The Crusade'. Never got the chance too see them when they played here previously

Nice start to 2023 for gigs and first time in The Helix too

Any idea on the timings? Assume onstage about 9:15ish

On route, let's hope they have a change of mind and add more 'Ascendancy' to the setlist

Safe travels too everyone

They have 2 shows to play around with there will be variations hopefully it lands suitably for you the first 3 singles from that record at the very least are on rotation anyway.

Expected performance times...

8-8:30 Malevolence

9-10:30 Trivium

- Via Paolo's twitter.

any advice for parking, multi story maybe closed?

There slow enough giving updates on door/set times etc

Had a walk around Glasnevin Cemetery (amazing powerful place) and in Gravediggers now. Any other places nearby before The Helix ?

Have no interest in the support band

• Advertisement

Pantho and Trivium in the same venue same night

Wonderful ha

The guys sounded brilliant but disappointed with the setlist . Didn't think they would go so deep cut

That was fabulous. Great gig and the crowd was mental. Or maybe two years with no gigs has made me more appreciative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

had savage seats up in the balcony with a side on view of the lads. unfortunately they were behind the speaker so I moved down to standing area after a few songs. much better sound there. Thought the lads were top notch. Love Shogun.

not much of a fan, but by god can those lads play

Darn tonights setlist had a few I wanted too hear. **** happens I suppose

Advertisement