Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland A v All Black xv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I've seen Lowry more at rucks than most of our forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Osborne. Fair play to him. 20 years of age. ALL his teammates loosing their heads and he’s look the most composed.

Threw two good passes off his left and right and hasn’t thrown in the towel.

Think that's the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Blade is clearly played there

Fairly chastening evening. Totally outclassed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

Obviously the Irish journalists will just point to physicality and leave it at that as they dont have a single journalistic bone in their body but some of this rucking tonight is nothing short of a disgrace reminds me alot of Ireland in 2019-2020.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

In hindsight this is was a silly fixture and we’ve gained absolutely nothing from it

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

would have to watch back as I don’t think it’s been that bad?

He’s looked an attacking threat, big time.

Nash has looked decent as well actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit. Nobody is blaming the referee. We're allowed to criticise his dreadful performance though. Stop trying to look superior

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Nash has been positive. Several line breaks, strong carries and looks threatening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭testtech05

I know the games been over for a long time but Blade is at least trying to bring a bit of a faster tempo

for Duck sake this is the **** that boils my piss.

match is over. It’s a **** joke of a fixture just get on with it and award the try

Sexton won a Heineken Cup before he ever had an Ireland cap.

NZ have been leaving their mark all night

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Deegan looks a bit bulked up, if he can keep the dynamism he could see himself into the ireland panel. Time was he was rated ahead of Doris.

That's clearly head on head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭almostover

Stonewall red, disgraceful decision. That was a cheekbone breaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Carley is a joke Crowley made of tough stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

How anyone can say that ref hasn't been brutal tonight is beyond me. Absolutely atrocious.

And that's not excusing how brutal ireland have been. Both are possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Been a bad night for Coombes, Casey and Hume. None have advanced their claims. Osborne went well. Loughman and Prendergast reasonable. Not much else to shout about.

New Zealand selection very impressive. So dangerous from broken play. Gotten away with quite a few borderline hits. Ireland should be reading the referee and giving it back to them in spades.

I think the AB's team is a lot stronger than the coaches might have hoped. They'll have to own that error, but I'd imagine they were hoping for another Maori mid week style fixture and it hasn't gone that way. Their pack ran away with this ably organised by the AB's 9/10 who were better than our halves albeit with more of a platform.

I'd say what's been learned is mostly about who in the pack isn't up to this level. Backline got shite ball, Casey compounded that by not being alert at the breakdown and Frawley deer in headlighted not having the experience to change the pace of the game or manage territory effectively having played so little at 10.

Osbourne impressed, few errors but stood out from the backs. Nash had a good second half. Stockdale was anonymous but reasons for this likely already outlined.

If Healy doesnt go well tomorrow I would definetly look to go with Loughman on the bench for the final 2 tests, definetly the one tonight who put his hand up.

The question was how good was Sexton by the time he had as many caps as Crowley and Frawley.

He was good enough to have won a Heineken Cup. Is that not a fair answer to the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The New Zealand 23 was stronger on paper and they played like it. Our forwards just couldn't cope with their physicality. Thought Joe McCarthy showed some good touches in the brief time he was on the field. But we were on to a loser when Ross Molony was forced into so many static carries. His USP is his excellent handling and distribution. He just isn't a bruiser.

Prendergast, Timoney and Coombes were on the backfoot all night and couldn't make any sort of impression. But they'll still be called up for their work at the ruck. Casey had to become involved in so many rucks because his backrow especially we making no sort of impact.

The backline got feck all good ball so really all we saw from them was some good individual touches. Few nice show and dummies from Frawley and Lowry. Decent broken field stuff from Osborne as well as good passing skills.

Stockdale barely got a touch of the ball, but didn't impress in the slightest.

You still havent answered the question...All you answered is he played for Leinster when they won the CC, does that mean a 24 year old Sexton is better than the current one that lost a CC final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Ridiculous take.

They'll learn a load from it. Coaches and players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

A good test for the guys tonight and will do them no harm in the long run. This is the level we need to be at. In all honesty that NZ15 wpould have given our lads tomorrow a decent game.

We really struggled at the breakdown and casey was a real problem. Other guys like Frawley and osbourne were solid.

I thought the game should have been on in Thomond or even Galway.

Stockdale for a guy who looked to be one of our brightest talents in a long time has gone way back.

The most important lesson the forwards learn is hopefully how to ruck properly...

• Advertisement

Nah because they are camped in Dublin and may be needed tomorrow for all we know (like we saw with JOB). Logistically this was the best option.

Advertisement