Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Oh christ no, 8+ weeks of that shoite ahead of us, the most worst time of the year (ads wise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

The rockshore stout one is pretty poor.

It doesn't work.

It isn't funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I just recently remembered that ads made for UK television used to be dubbed with irish accents for irish television. The dubs were awful, there was an ad where a little girl was going "daddy, there's a teddy in my cereal" and saying "there's a teddy in X, Y and Z" and the actor doing the father in the irish dub sounded like all joy had been sucked out of him, at least in the originals where they had bri'ish accents the actors had some life in them.

Another one was an ad for whiskas where cats were admiring their reflections thinking they were other cats, the UK version ended with one of the cats saying "on reflection, they don't say a lot do they?" which was a perfect way to end the ad, whoever was responsible for the irish version thought one of the cats should then say "they don't?" and the other cat replying "no, they don't" at the start of the ad they also added more guff with "switz woo, belongs on a catwalk!"

From what I understand the irish accent dubbing was because there was an agreement in place to give work to irish actors, so glad that's been stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you are getting the UK channels you will get sick of this Asda one very fast and it will also put you off watching Elf ever again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Just saw the asda Elf one yesterday and find it really creepy. I've never seen the movie and now never want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

M&Ms/Jacques the mime!

“Oh, there’s a wind of some kind, this might take a while”

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Photobox

The single girl version.. why do both her elderly looking parents get up when she goes into the house after a night out 🤔! Awful ad, worse than the couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭trashcan

I’ve never watched Elf, and I never will, short of being forced to at gunpoint.

• Advertisement

Is it not a universally acknowledged fact that mimes are creepy, and 99% of the population dislike them?

So Why TF would you put one in your advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new Spar ad. Oh good Jaysus.

Notion.so ads on bus stops. We're all tech now. That ended well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

that vodafone ad the dad and daughter one, is never off the ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭trashcan

Kevin the fu€king carrot is back. ! Fu€k off Aldi. ‘‘Twas the month before Christmas, and we have to suffer this sheight again.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Yeah the Vodafone ad, with the dad collecting the daughter in the car during all weathers. Messy divorce. When she’s crying at the end of it and the mammy roaring you did it again.

Did it again, What?

Roger the babysitter.

Roger the mammys best friend.

Roger the daughters best friend.

What the fcuk is it, tell us. We’re adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Subway ad about fresh bread and the smell of subway.

Even though I have had Subway, one of the reasons I don't frequently their establishments is dur to their smell, Subway smells like a bin.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Funny they've created a good sequel to HOME ALONE!

______

Yesterday

Did anyone else notice that the new Ireland's Edge ad directly borrows from Parks and Recreation?

"You've all been calling me Gerry for years but my actual name is Gary"?

And they even manage to ruin that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The advert for the Late late Toy Show. As if kids up and down the country were carefully planning out their night of watching the Toy Show.... where there are no actual toys ...just a middle aged man prancing about in a gaudy outfit.. and guests with cancer and other terrible illnesses 😟

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I thought that’s what she says - but now I’ve heard it a few more times she says “he dumped her”.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The small print in the current Amazon ad.

"Black Friday Week 18-28 November"

So many things wrong with that statement 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Wife : He dumped her

Husband : No sh1t, like the way you dumped me and have barred me from entering the house 🏠 Karma's a b1tch, no ?? 🤷‍♂️ ... now get off the phone and send her out to me, you old slag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Horrible woman!

Maybe she moved to that house with her daughter after the husband fcuked her out of the family home where they previously lived! Or maybe she owned the family home. Or maybe he moved out cause he didn't want to live in a hostile environment. It's terrible to be emasculating him like that. It could have been his decision!

Of course I pulled all these theories out of the same place as the rest of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And Dunnes have recycled their crappy kids lighting up the neighborhood one for another year! Please God no...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Probably the worst one on at the minute, pretty insulting to bald men aswell tbh, they get their dig in at the start and again at the end, I dont know if I was trying to increase sales of a new drink especially another doomed non-Guinness or Murphys stout that Id start and finish by insulting 45% of my target audience like that every single ad-break. I suppose this will run on and on and on like that Godawful Rockshore party on the beach crap. Alcohol ads really are the worst.

EDIT: Actually I think the worst at the minute is Heinekens nauseating "Girls can like football too! Look how progressive we are!" sh1te. How long has that been on now? I want to scream when I see their stupid faces trying to pull off fake enthusiasm.

I don't care what she said, she threw him out after he battled to give up smoking, now look at him stuck try to get free wifi from neighbours in his car.

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The man on the Vodafone ad has the house listed as Home on his phone. Is it still his home, or never bothered to change it?

Advertisement