Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The big test is will it sell at that price. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Talking to dealer and €3,500 increase on both models coming early in new year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

It’s not surprising really, will help second hand values a bit, as long as they don’t be thinking to pass it into people who ordered a year ago and only getting it next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

They will be passing it on as far as I know. My dealer told me BMW are offering no price protection on existing orders.

I heard it will be passed on. Was talking to a bmw salesman on Saturday and he said if you order now, all figures are based on current values and subject to change at time or arrival, that includes car cost, Grant figure and trade in figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

there was increase on the M50 earlier this year (May?), not sure about the e40. With another €3.5k the price will have increased more than €5k in less than 12 months. That’s rough.

Yes both models went up in price earlier this year. 3.5k is another big jump.

I wonder if it’s a general price rise or just i4?

I didn’t have the last price increase passed on, I’d be hoping the same will apply again. Will check my emails to see if salesman mentioned anything about it.

My sales guy specifically mentioned that BMW have told them no price protection on current orders.

now you have the car a while Digiman is it worth the wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kevin.m

My ix3 (ordered late Jan, collected Oct) had price protection. My sales guy said that BMW were stopping price protection.

• Advertisement

I was travelling with work for a few weeks so haven't actually driven it much in last 3 weeks. I'm still really liking it, would like it more if it had comfort access though, I can't say enough how much I miss that. I keep walking up to the car and it doesn't open, so annoying. Proper first world problem right there!!

I just love having all the power, so much fun on windy roads coming out of corners and putting the shoe down for a bit.

new prices now on BMW website but the configurator not updated yet.

The m50 i4 gone up 4k to 84625euro from 80635 euro.

I contacted my dealer who tells me I am not liable for the price rise in spite of previously telling me no price protection.

Super news, hopefully I'm the same, there is a €7k difference now between the price I agreed and the new price!

At this stage it’s overpriced for a half EV.

Id be waiting for the next generation where BMW might actually but some effect into it to be honest.

How can car manufacturer keep increasing prices and expect people to keep paying for them.

Eventually people will just say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

At the moment I think they all know they cant keep up with demand so prices have risen accordingly, enough will pay top money for the level that can be supplied. If they ever want to go back to mass market sales figures then prices will have to drop. But they may not want to, margin per vehicle may be more important than volumes sold. I would like to see Audi, BMW and Mercedes go back to manufacturers of premium models only like they used to be. Not competing with the likes of a VW Golf, Ford Focus etc.

I think their hand may be forced when a major market disruptor comes in, which may very well be the Chinese. But automotive groups are all in bed with each other in the era of massive corporations and financial synergy.

As for the i4, I have completely gone off BMWs new design philosophy but I happen to think the i4 is decent value for a something with that kind of power and performance and a BMW badge compared to ICE counterparts which are now finished I believe. Its still not for me but I can see the appeal at the price.

Agree completely. People think it’s a premium product because of the badge. All your paying for now is the badge and the accountants that run the firm.

Kia have had similar large price rises with ev6 model. Seat put up price of the born and other manufacturers seem to be going the same way.

no doubt input costs have risen but there is some profiteering going on too most likely.

prices are fast becoming unaffordable for all cars not just so called premium ones, so I expect more to buy using pcp or Lease deals which is what manufacturers probably want anyway.

Post edited by carsfan2 on

Ohh I know.

I bought 4 eNiros last year. €37,995. All for the taxi trade. The new Nero is €45k! Mental!

Tesla increase their prices back in February but surprisingly reduced the price of the RWD Model Y. That was a surprise but maybe needed to get it under the grant.

Hyundai the same.

The world we live in i suppose.

I think I’d rather keep my current car and run it into the ground before I’d go loan/HP/PCP etc!

Software update last week wiped most of settings, including the seat positions 😡

Base price of the M50 is now almost on par with the entry level iX, which is the only proper EV platform they have. I’d be tempted to go iX when I change the i4 in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Porsche Taycan (€96k) now only tipping money (13%) more than an i4 M50 (€85k). With likely much lower depreciation. You'd need your head examined if you bought the BMW at those prices imho.

huge difference of what you need to option in though - tech plus pack & comfort plus pack give you pretty much everything on the i4, to get the same on the standard Taycan you’re +€120k. Different league of car/brand, but the base price on a Taycan is just a fantasy.

But the base Taycan will always be a premium car compared to the i4. Even with no options selected.

As someone posted on this thread previously, better to have the worst house on the best street, than the best house on the worst street.

The phrase fur coat & no knickers also comes to mind!

🤣🤣 Sounds like a trip to Amsterdam!

As long as you never take the coat off, nobody will know.

But I get your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Both beautiful premium vehicles that anyone would be proud to have parked at the manor in the country.😃

Keep the Porsche out front and the bmw round the back. Sorted.

Dad is a car collector, has several of both, loves them all. There's other brands that I could think of would be parked off site all together.

Let me guess, a Tesla. How how predictable 🤣🤣🤣

Id keep that around the back out of view with the bmw too if I had a Porsche.

Especially that we’re talking premium cars. Fantastic machine the Porsche is.

• Advertisement

Yes let's keep that brand out of the equation and talk premium,

Hope your BMW's are gleaming out the front of your house, only to be taken round the back later to secure in one of your garages.

Advertisement