Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private burial site

Options
  • 05-11-2022 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is a planning question or where I should ask, or if it is even feasible.

We have a few acres of former hillside grazing land which we have planning permission to build on.

There will be approx 4 acres behind the house.

I plan to plant a bit of an orchard on some of this, most of it will be left as hillside grazing for sheep etc.

I am not interested in being buried at a grave, leaving a remote place that people feel they have to visit when i am gone.

I would prefer to be somewhere I love and if people visit it would be somewhere nice.

We have areas with beautiful scenic views in private settings, are there restrictions on ashes being buried / scattered or a body

buried (legally) in private land?

Comments

Advertisement