Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

Some of those VAR decisions were an absolute disgrace, how the f was that not a handball at the end for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

We are getting robbed by the officials using var against us at every opportunity, this is a taste of things to come with our penalty noteven considered,I am totally sick to the pit of my stomach watching this total cheat fest by the cheating official's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2-2 now after Hearts took the lead early in the 2nd half. Mooy missed an absolute sitter before Giakoumakis equalises with a great header

Edit: Maeda makes it 3

Hearts equalise after Shankland misses his initial penalty and Ginnelly scored but Ginnely encroached so penalty retaken and Shankland finally gets his hat-trick.

Taylor gives us the lead again 3-4

Finished 4-3 to Celtic, great win

Well done Celtic,3 points despite the dirty tricks and constant cheating from the officials through var,we are going to get shafted in our future games.this blatant cheating by the officials has to be called out once and for all.

• Advertisement

Forgot to say, the decision to not award Celtic a penalty for handball was absolutely scandalous. The officials need to explain why they did not give it. The two penalties given to Hearts were the correct decisions.

The two goals disallowed were strange, the first one (Ralston) the ref blew up too early and should have allowed the attack continue and then VAR it. The second one (Abada) looked level to me but it was referred to VAR and still disallowed, no lines to explain.

Post edited by A Dub in Glasgo on

Now 4 points ahead with Livingston drawing at Ibrox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thought they were going to keep playing extra time until Gers scored a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great game to watch but I think most of us knew VAR would be a disaster in Scotland and today looks to back that up.

Why did the ref blow his whistle when the cross was coming in for Ralston's goal, hand ball at the end of the first half was undoubtedly a penalty. No lines shown to confirm if Abada was actually offside when his goal was disallowed.

Always a tough game playing Hearts at Tynecastle so to come away with a win is always a good result. Rested a good few players so hopefully raring to go on Tuesday

Post edited by RoryMac on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I never thought for a minute VAR would be a panacea for the "honest mistakes" brigade but wow even I never thought they would be at it so blatantly as they were today. Unreal. As John Hartson said we had to beat Hearts and VAR today,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Very attacking team selection from Ange. Delighted to see both Giakoumakis and Kyogo starting. Need to win the game and hopefully Real beat Leipzig so there’s still a chance of EL qualification on match day 6.

It will be interesting to see how Giakoumakis & Kyogo get on starting together

1-0 at HT. Strange half as Celtic started quite slowly with some slack passing but got better near the end of the half

1-1, lovely finish from Mudryk. Kyogo misses a pretty good chance to take the lead

What a bloody miss 😲😲😲

from SD

2 points out of 15 is just not good enough at all. Scored 3 goals and let in 10

Can't fault the effort but ultimately fell short again.

Some very sloppy passing and decisions in front of goal. Need a bit more quality in the attacking positions especially no. 10. Had hoped we'd get big games from Abada & Haksabanovic but both were poor.

Lost the game in midfield. Hatate and Riley not good enough. McGregor was missed but even with him we need to upgrade in that area particularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hard luck Bhoys. I feared they would come up short again tonight. I don’t think they created enough chances tonight to win the game, it was definitely the right result on the night. They could have lost on another night, so maybe this is a sign of progress. You can’t fault the players efforts, they gave it 110%. It’s been a sad campaign for the Scottish teams, the coefficient has taken an absolute hammering. I know people don’t like talking about the coefficient, but the reality is Scottish teams need to be in Europe after Christmas. Runs like Rangers last season secured the automatic CL place for Scotland and earned respect for the Scottish game, but Scotland now risk losing this place almost as soon as they secured it. It’s a shame, it’s a bit of a catch 22 situation really. You can only hope that the experience this year will make them stronger in the future.

• Advertisement

'Runs like Rangers last season secured the automatic CL place for Scotland'

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

I understand how the coefficient works, and it runs a season behind effectively. I do take your point. Rangers run last season keeps the automatic place for next season, but after this we all know what will happen. Bad results will mean they drop from 8th place. Rangers has contributed significantly more coefficient points to Scotlands total over last four seasons, these figures are publicly available. You get into CL league, Celtic and Rangers both struggle, lose their place in rankings, and then struggle to get back in. Hopefully then one or other has a few good runs in Europa, they get the automatic place back, and they struggle again in CL. It does seem a little rinse and repeat here. I honestly don’t know what the answer is. Nights at Celtic Park and Ibrox are magical in the CL. I’d love to see them both being competitive again.

No fair enough, this was unfair, last seasons run to Europa final counts towards next season automatic entry. You understand the general thrust of the point I am making though.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Mark, not sure what you issue is, the points around the coefficient, poor results leading to a falling coefficient, then struggling to qualify for competition are absolutely points for discussion. It’s a massive massive issue for Celtic football club. They need to compete in competition year in year out to improve, but if results are bad, coefficient tanks, and they don’t actually get a place! It is unfair system for the teams outside the big leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭tanko

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭tanko

Click on their username, then click on the little box beside “message”. I didn’t mean to have a go at you btw.

A very good performance from Celtic today,what a horrible plastic pitch that is to try and play on, strange how we were given the penalty today and last week we were robbed of one for the same thing.

IMHO last weeks PK was way more obvious then yesterdays.

Very good professional performance yesterday from us. Brilliant finish from Kyogo for his goal which hopefully gives him a real confidence boost after a little dip in form from him recently. Have to say even though we won once again watching football being played on that plastic pitch is dreadful. You simply cannot play good football on that so called pitch.

Yes I agree and it wasn't even considered by var,blatant cheating by the officials and plenty more to come,we probably got that one yesterday as we were 2 up so it didn't matter and to throw it up to us every time we call out the persistent cheating by the officials.

Exactly what I was thinking at the time when it was given.

• Advertisement

Maeda in Japan's World Cup squad but Harate and Kyogo miss out.

Would've been good to see them in a World Cup and must be disappointing for the players but for Celtic it's a good thing. Nice break for them to carry into the second half of the league

Strange that. Of those 3 would rate both Kyogo and Hatate as better players than Maeda.

Well that's the European football over for this year. Ends predictably enough with us outclassed.

Have to be smarter how we set up at this level

Different positions though, so maybe Japan have better than the 2 celtic guys in the same spots?

And they must be severely lacking in guys for Maeda's spot!

Real Madrid are simply a better team then us thats just reality right now. Having said that the scoreline is deceptive as we missed good chances as well of course as the pk. Could easily have been 5-3. It is a very inexperienced team at this level and frankly I would rather see us try and continue to play our current attack oriented aggressive style and go down swinging then hiding from teams as we would still lose if we did that right now anyway with the level of players we have. If we can keep the core together and build and make it back next season I am confident we will learn from this season and be better next time.

• Advertisement

Celtic will need to try to find a couple of higher level players for next year's CL campaign.

They are badly missing a forward who takes chances. They created plenty in the 6 games, but simply fluffed their lines. That could have been the difference between 1pt and 3pts in a game.

Also need a better midfield general type player imho. Someone with a bit of class.

But I think they have a good side to build on. Many have said they were too open, and needed to be more tactical. But you have to applaud their style. People want to be entertained, and all their games were good spectacles. No-one wants to watch a team park the bus.

And perhaps next year they'll get a little bit of luck and some of those chances might go in? It's a very fine line at that level. But I'm sure they will learn from it.

I'd agree that we need to keep the attacking aggressive style of football but just think we can be a little less gung-ho with our approach. Too often in the CL games we've had both full backs pushing on at the same time leaving huge gaps. I don't think our wide players do enough to help out there either which is probably by design rather than a fault by them.

No doubt we've created a lot of chances over the 6 games and with a bit more luck/quality could've changed the outcomes of some of the games. The experience will hopefully do us good in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What a shocking decision for peno that’s embarrassing from Scottish football officials, they are woeful up there Var I thought would help but that’s disgraceful

That was utterly disgraceful by the ref. An absolute joke of a decision and then makes an arse of himself by booking Bernabei

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Haksabanovic scores his second goal today

We miss loads of chances and DU now equalise

Kyogo makes it 3

Abada scores the 4th in the 92nd minute

Post edited by A Dub in Glasgo on