Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Shehal

Must have got up late and missed the Irish matches during the summer! What he isnt wrong about is the URC shows where Wales truly stand, not one team in the top 10 and with the majority of players playing for teams not even in the top half never mind the top then it should come as little surprise that they get exposed at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

That is a good point; are they Podge? It's a given that they are capable; this squad though?

Yes but unless the grounding is in little doubt then it should be try yes or no. It was clear that there was enough doubt to suggest there may have been a knock on...the ball literally bobbled away as he was getting up. The point is missed though, the whole reason was there wasn't enough evidence to overturn his on field decision when his infield decision was incorrect from the beginning.

Possibly but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I wouldnt be assessing where NZL truly are until the entire autumn series is done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A) I don't think the on-field decision or TMO decision were incorrect in the end - I think you are being far, far too strident in the opinion that it was definitely wrong. I do think that whatever the call on the field was would have stuck, but that is the framework WR actually want to be used.

B) The protocol strongly suggests that asking for "try yes or no" should be only in exceptional circumstances.

• Advertisement

It was incorrect because they had no clear evidence that his hand was on the ball.

Nope try yes or no should be if its inconclusive.

The question that is asked of the TMO by the referee around a try is one of two things.

1. It is a try but if not then show clear and certain proof as to why I (The referee) should overturn the decision.
    2. It is not a try but if not then show clear and certain proof as to why I (The referee) should overturn the decision.

May or suggest a knock on is one thing to ask for a check but that alone isn't enough to overturn a decision. Unless the video evidence turns up clear and lawful reason/s to the contrary then the decision remains as it was; if clear proof is offered to show otherwise then the referee acts accordingly.

Now back to my teapot and another mug of taé 😀

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That does not make it incorrect. I think it was a try, there was no clear evidence it wasn't. The refs original view that it was is good enough for me. I think even from the videos it was probably a try.

The entire point is that the ref makes a call as he sees it on the field of play first. It looked fine to him on the field - he hasn't seen the replays to know it is questionable yet!

The days of "try yes or no" are supposed to be gone. It is about confirming or overturning an on-field decision. This is what World Rugby wants.

Also, again, no one was looking at the grounding but on the possession of the ball. I do not know why you are so caught up in that. The ball quite obviously touched the ground.

With respect to Ireland and South Africa and The Aviva, Paris is the game to watch this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Not sure about that.... That Ireland SA game was an incredible game..

anyone watching on Prime?

are the commentators Miles Harrison, Benjamin Kayser and who...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

What an Oz try, unreal

Brilliant try....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

What. A. Try.

Oh, that looked held up.

Also, very generous to not call that dropped ball a knock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

DuPont tackled and went straight over the ball there, no clear release to allow him go for the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Peyper is a joker

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

I thought the same. Could have been a knock on in the build up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Looked like a knock on from Fickou in the build up to that. Also the grounding looked suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

There were any of about 3 decisions against France there imo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I’m at the Stade de France for this one. I was here in 2007 but they have seriously improved the stadium. Easily the best stadium I have been too for test matches. Seriously good sound system.

Can’t see the fine details from up high but ramos kicking out of hand has been very poor. Aussie backs look dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Clear knock-on, no release in the tackle, sealing off, and then looked like it was held up. Play on Jaco my good man.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well apart from the Australian try I would respectfully disagree.

Peyper? At least he is consistently bad. Every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Michael Hooper is one of the greatest forwards of the modern era.

Dupont hands him off like it's nothing.

Ludicrous player.

My bet on Australia +15 looking like another good bet on my part!

Terrific game. Australia could catch France on the hop here. France showing a lack of composure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's outrageous from Penaud.

The pace, double step and hand off. Incredible try.

Missed conversion crucial, Australia could still do it with a DG

Outrageous, but very poor defense from Australia.

France absolutely doing a France on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

Good game but the referee was poor.

Advertisement