Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

Again, the point here is that the Parkrun codes are intended for Parkrun participants, not bargain hunters who do not participate at all in the events.

I've also heard stories from friends about the period poverty scheme being abused by folk who can well afford sanitary products but just regard it as a free for all rather than for those who need it most. It's a question of conscience I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Absolute tight arses will be tight arses, and they only care about the few cents they will save, not the person they are taking it away from that actually needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Minimarkcork

It might be handy for someone here

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

I think the Parkrun code should be shared.

• Advertisement

I wonder how folk would feel if they owned a shop and and wanted to reward their loyal customers at the end of the year with a free Christmas gift, only to find afterwards that half the county visited their shop solely to claim the Christmas gift despite never having given them business before or intending to again afterwards. It's not the best analogy I know, but the Parkrun codes are essentially a reward for Parkrun participants.

To put it more simply, do folk really think it would be right for anyone to be able to get a free medal for completing say the Dublin city marathon without ever having done so? And even if some of those who did so were not well off and intended to sell on the medal for well-needed cash, does that really make it right?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Freezer Bag or Milk Chocolate on second scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,943 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How about a business which offers its 'loyal' customers free products through its app but the stock mysteriously disappears from the shelf coincidental to the offer, restocked with products not in the offer (that confuse many people into thinking they are) and magically comes back into stock the next week...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

The days of loyal customers is long gone. I would feel amazing if I had a shop and because I gave some one a free bags of lemons that cost me 15 cents to buy (not sell), they came to my shop and bought €10 worth of items. And they travelled past other shops because of the 1 free item I was giving them. I would feel over the moon.

Most people that go get a free item buy other items 90% of the time that are overly inflated items with profit margins of well in excess of 100%.

It's called competition. Don't worry about lidl or other shops, they will stop it when they want not when boards.ie decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Advertisement

Granted, that carry on is wrong. But two wrongs don't make a right. And as far as I'm aware, it's not just Lidl that fund the Parkrun rewards. There seems to be a real anti-establishment sentiment around here on one hand, yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

any 'free' items offered on the app or through partnership has one purpose : to bring you to their shop and reduce your trips to other chain shops [the more people talk about it, the better : you wouldn't care about a commercial on the tv, but if someone of fb or tiki tok said what a great deal they've done...the fomo kicks in ..]

from a business perspective, Parkrun project supposed to bring in the shop folks willing to spend extra on bio/organic products, get good social coverage points on ESG &Co.

every company has his own smart marketing team ( like offer 10 off 50 for years and reduce to 5 off 25 when customer gets into a routine, etc )

@ontopic : air freshener - might be some issue with the 'winter spice' flavour - a lady was holding up the Q- she was set on that item and was a bit vocal, to put some pressure on the person at the till

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks and I do get where you were coming from with your OP. It is just a classic Tragedy of the Commons scenario from economic theory where everyone uses a free resource to the detriment of all and then the free resource gets pulled. But without the codes being shuttered on Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram etc it would make next to no difference in the grand scheme of things for us to not share them here.

People are always going to share them, that bit cannot be stopped. Most likely Lidl will find a way to just distribute them via barcode at the Parkrun events direct to participants actually there and thats fair enough if it happens. They managed to prevent us using the 10 off 50 codes in stores they werent intended for so Id imagine HQ will do something similar with this too. This forum would be just a blip on their radar but the codes being shared on Facebook, Tik Tok and Instagram would be like a proverbial avalanche coming at them.

I find the arguments made here in support of continuing to distribute the Parkrun codes so strange. The Parkrun organisers have specifically asked people not to distribute the codes. Yet the general attitude seems to be, as the Cranberries put it, Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? I would bet that if we were having this discussion as part of the infamous Facebook group, the same argument would be made by the same people, i.e. those people over on Boards are doing it, so why should we stop? Anyway, I'll stop spelling out the obvious at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Cant just highlight the air freshener part, but anyway :

I got one, it didn't scan so the cashier went and got the code from the shelf and scanned it, I think it was -79c.

Why would they argue with a customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

I thought the sucralose beans were awful. Do you eat beans for your desert?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Do you not think if Lidl or any other huge corporation wanted to restrict this promotion or similar they wouldn't have already done so?

If this was any way impacting their business it would be gone.

That Dublin city marathon analogy is absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'll post next week's Lidl park run code.

It's not against the forum rules.

If a few Karen's on my street decided that X should be illegal.. that doesn't make it illegal.

Let's keep Bargain Alerts, Bargains Again

BABA ,.. caps and flags coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Eh no, but there are handy in the slow cooker. Wash off that tomato sugar/salt muck and you have ordinary healthy haricot/cannellini beans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 EW558

Anyone know what the 3rd scratchcard is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Porridge Pots or Dark Chocolate on third scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I'm assuming the people not wanting to share the Parkrun codes anymore will be sending Lidl back the money for the Claremorris etc codes that they used?

Post edited by The Phantom Jipper on

You're being very presumptuous there. It's the same thing and comes down to morals. While it appears to have been technically possible to use codes intended only for customers of certain stores that were closed for renovations, believe it or not, some people chose not abuse the situation. But it seems that understanding why they did so might be lost on others here.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I was talking about people who used the 10er off vouchers but don't want to share a Parkrun code, it wasn't directed at you.

As an aside, spare us the sanctimonious guff about "morals", you're on a bargains forum of all places, arguing to hoard voucher codes for a poxy tin of tuna. You're hardly the second coming of Thomas Aquinas.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Minimarkcork

😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The bottle & cover is advertised as €3.99, but instore they are €3.99 each. Which is a crazy price, as you can get similar for €5 in Penneys, Argos, Dunnes.

It has also disappeared from the website as have their specials, Go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jesus H christ that post had me in howls of laughter. Not in a million years would I have expected a thread on Bargain Alerts about Parkrun codes to include a reference to the 15th century moral philosopher St.Thomas Aquinas. And by a poster called The Phantom Jipper, this post is Boards gold right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

Great offer on those blueberries, surprise surprise my local only has 125 and 500g ones in 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Got the blueberries in Nutgrove yesterday - they had loads. They had all

My shopping went from €48 to €31 with the Lidl plus discounts / freebies, parkrun and €5 off from my Fruit & Veg spend - not bad

Advertisement