Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Keita broken down in training again by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

It's actually insane how bad Keita has been as a signing. Flashes of brilliance but constantly injured or off form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

One would have to wonder how the club can justify paying someone like that for so long.

I know he’s contracted and all, but surely there must be some claw-back if he’s consistently made of glass and providing nothing to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Redondo when injured at Milan refused to take his wages due to his injury record. Not saying I'd expect the same from Naby, or any other professional footballer, but there comes a time when you think, "c'mon mate, do something for us".

I think it's time to get Naby an LFC coffin, his Liverpool career is surely dead at this stage. 1.5 months to January and he can sign for whomever he likes for a decent wedge too.

• Advertisement

Sometimes I wonder is he really injured or is he just being punished by Klopp for the whole contract stuff with the agent leaking info in the summer. But then his injury record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd love for us to go in for Tielmans and Madison. Rice or Bellingham be lovely too.

PL proven players has to be a positive but probably cost too much unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Keita made 40 appearances last season, a key part in our quad quest. I dunno what happened this season, he came back from some games in Africa, and was not injured , it was a '' mystery illness'', still a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

If he was fit klopp would play him, one of his favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't believe that penalty City got today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Yeah it was soft for sure. KDB making sure to go down once he felt even the slightest of touches just like Jesus did against us earlier in the season. "It was just clever from KDB" according to Jermaine Jenas on MOTD. Had that been Salah he would have been slated as a diver WHILST simultaneously not being given the pen as we have seen countless times in Mo's Liverpool career to date. The bias is quite pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Keita, when fit, isn't a mystery. At Leipzig, he looked like the complete midfielder. He was like Davids. He broke up play, was exceptionally fast, moved forward and created chances. So the move to buy him ahead of time seemed shrewd. We've all seen glimpses of that ability, but at this stage, he may as well not even be a squad member. It's a bad investment (at the heavy end), and one we're not likely to see any return on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

How many times did Keita actually complete a full 90 minutes. He rarely seemed to complete the full 90, whenever he started, he always seemed to be taken off after 60 to 70 minutes, fair enough if it was to prevent injury and fatigue, but, he was unavailable more than any other player. The least that should be expected of a player is that they can last the full 90, fair enough if a player is not match fit. It's hard to carry a player who is constantly injured and even when fit doesn't seem to play the full 90 that often. Very disappointing signing and to cap it off, we'll get nothing for him when he goes next summer.

Him leaving is a good thing, even if it is for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Agreed. At this stage, let him be someone else's problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Insurance will provide a decent chunk of his wages back.

And yet a fit Keita playing for 60 or 70 mins every game is extremely valuable. He doesn't need to play the full 90 mins. Some players are more durable than others and that's ok. Keita would be a massive addition this season in midfield. Especially with the others losing their legs and energy, which he has lots of.

Klopp likes (liked) Keita a lot and I think that's evident. He always played him when fit. Klopp also listens heavily to the sports science guys, sometimes too much I think, especially this season.

But anyways, I think it's all for nothing as he's gonna leave in the summer on a free. It will take a lot for him to prove to Klopp he is willing to fight to stay longer. And then stay fit enough, and then play well enough. All while ignoring outside lucrative bosman contract offers.

Don't think I've ever seen a Liverpool player more polarising than Keita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The key point is "if" he was available, but, he hasn't so he's been about as much use as a chocolate teapot this season. Even Ox is available more often, not necessarily used, but available. Having players available at least gives more options, opportunities to rest other players so they avoid injury and fatigue. You can sign the best player in the world, but, if he's only available sporadically he's not going to make much difference, I'd prefer to have a player like Gini, who was almost always available, may not have always been spectacular, but, was solid and reliable; it's strange that we never bothered to replace him, of course players can get injured at any time, but, Keita takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yup and the funny thing with Jenas is that he said the penalty VAR checks in the forest game were correct as the contact was too soft...

there's no consistency in any of these checks.. Wolves also got a pen for a handball in the box... we didn't get awarded one against Arsenal...

I think today's game might have taken on some more significance now with Chelsea losing and Man United currently in the same position.

Before today I nearly would have taken a draw, but I think we should try and target the win to gain back ground after the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Hopefully get the 3 points today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭hynesie08

In an ideal world we have this wrapped up in 60 minutes and carvalho, Ramsay and Bajcetic get some minutes, I don't think that's what will happen though.

2-1 squeaky bum win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

Need to win today to starting clawing back at the top 4. At this stage we just want Arsenal and City to beat the other top 6 teams and we need to start doing the same starting today. Lose today and bye bye top 4 IMO. Even a draw would look fairly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Lose today and spurs and Newcastle could already be out of sight

great to have Konate back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Previously VVD was always our rock at the back but in the last year that mantle has passed to Konate imo. Great that he is back and hopefully he is on top form today.

Of all the teams to avoid going 1-0 down against early, it's a Conte team.

Konate's only played about 30 games for the club and he's had a couple howlers himself (eg vs Benfica), has also never really had a long run of games, typically getting rested a lot in between.

He's not done too much wrong and I do really like him but I wouldn't be calling him our saviour just yet

Ibou is playing to stake his claim as a starter in the French squad for the World Cup, so there’s absolutely no danger of him phoning it in like his partner beside him. I do think Virgil will raise his game against a decent side like Spurs though, especially up against Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spurs haven't been doing a whole lot 9f attacking early in games this weather so you never know.

Our bench is weak

That's about as defensive a team as you could face, midfield will be packed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

It’s a good time to play Spurs given they have a few big injuries and we are (relatively) healthy (apart from Jota, Diaz etc).

Need an early goal though, or could get ambushed like against Leeds and Forrest

Ox will be keen from the bench, will be looking on in hope

I wonder if we'll see the diamond again, to counter act the packed midfield?

• Advertisement

If Konate can replicate his forward runs from the last game they could really help if Spurs keep so many back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

The bias against us and our foreign players is actually ridiculous. I'm surprised it hasnt been more of a conversation on here tbh cos it is outrageous.

6 mins in & Nunez invovled in 3 chances or possible chances. Need him to take one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Darwin looking very dangerous.

Salah !!

• Advertisement

Get in!!

Nunez did so well for that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goallllll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That Konate pass in the lead up looked like nothing, but the bravery of it gave set the tone for the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lucky keeper there

In fairness to Nunez, he knows his weakness is his passing.

So he just doesn’t do it. Ever. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Trent in Noddy land but Konate bossing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wow - Mo gets a free

• Advertisement
Advertisement