Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months Apple TV + free signup to curry’s perks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Has anyone got Perks to work? I signed up before but never received the email for Apple TV.

The 2 month one sounds good. Might set a reminder to sign up at the start of December just to give me that bit longer as I don't think there's anything I want to watch yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the last time it was posted here i signed up and went thru about 25 emails with them and still didn't get the code. i saw emails back and forth between the agents that suggested the promo was split between marketing in the uk and another team in ireland and neither seemed to have full knowledge of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Cheers for the link, just siged up for the 2 months free option which will see us over the Xmas. Straight forward signup, no code, just log in to our Apple account an the warning that the first 2 months are free and 6.99 per month thereafter. Just remember to set a reminder to opt out before the renewal date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thats good to hear - might give it another try so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

you can cancel immediately now and the sub will continue till the end of 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LBF21

the 2 month off is direct from Apple, something to do with Selena Gomez documentary. Would be surprised if the Curry's one came through as per poster above same offer last year but no code.

Currys offering 6 months free AppleTV with every purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is there much on it? Apart from bad sisters, seems like very little?

I thought Severance was very good. Ted Lasso is alright too. The Shrink Next Door is good and based on a true story.

We watched The Morning Show too and For All Mankind which got a bit silly in later seasons. I believe Slow Horses is worth a watch but haven't watched it yet. Will probably watch that with this trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Not much. Very empty. Ted Lasso is good. The first season of The Morning Show was good. Nothing there for kids or your nana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^ No harm in getting it for free anyhow.

To add - Tehran S1 was fairly decent, although not seen S2 yet.

There's 'New' Fraggle Rock on there. Might entertain some kids....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Last time around, I don't think anyone ever got an Apple code from Currys.ie Perks. Was a total waste of time even chasing it.

The generic codes for Apple directly work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

I needed to get something from Currys anyway so I hope I will finally get a free 6 months. I did not bother chasing them the last time around (what a joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ofthelord

Thanks OP - just got the 2 months free using above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Has anyone got the email yet for the 6 months as advertised by Currys once a purchase made with them?

conditions say it will arrive within 10 days of purchase, I’m on day 7 and nothing received yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Deeclif75

I purchased an apple product 2 weeks ago and was told i would get email within 5 days about the free 6 months of apple +tv, no sign of it. Feel weary at the thought of having to chase it. Anyone got any suggestions?

Yeah I got mine quick enough and its up and activated now, just in time for Slow Horses season 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I installed AppleTV app on PS4 and was offered a 3 month subscription in app instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I bought an Iphone in October and I was in a similar situation to you but after about 3 or 4 weeks I got a notification on my phone about the free Apple TV subscription. Incidentally I only got 3 months free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Still waiting.

Post edited by Machinehead on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Got nothing, nearly 4 weeks later. Essentially false advertising from Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mobius2021

Nothing after over 2 weeks. Emailed them a few days ago about it and got no response yet.

Don't know anyone that did, it seems like a bit of a scam alright. Don't think Apple would be happy with them using their name and service as part of this promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mobius2021

I need to row back, they responded to my email:

"I am sorry to learn you have not received your code for redeeming the apple TV promotion.  This would normally be received via email within 10 days of your purchase, however I have generated a replacement below.  This is provided in line with the terms of the offer, as found at https://currysprod.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/apple-tv-promo-nov-2022-ireland-v2"

I redeemed the code and it works, 6 months in the bag. I emailed customer.services@currys.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Tbh, these codes are worthless nearly, Sky is giving out a 6 months code to all customers also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Missed this (as usual).

Any generic AppleTV trial codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I used the link above for the two months free Apple TV and then just added the Sky VIP 6 months free. That's Apple TV covered up to next July.

At the slow rate new content gets added it looks like these free months will keep coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yeah.

Installed the ATV app on my tv, and that gave me a 3 month trial.

Then used Sky for 6 months, and that stacked on top. So standing at 9 months at the minute.

Being greedy, 'twould be great to stack on top of them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I didn't know if it would work but just gave it a lash and it did. I suppose as long as the free offer says for new and existing Apple TV customers you could keep doing it.

• Advertisement

I stacked the 6 months from curry’s with the 6 months from Sky and worked no problem at all

Advertisement