Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Bakka

I sent a tweet to Electric Ireland asking:

I have just moved account from you. I have a solar panel system and a smart meter installed. I exported over 900kwh back to the grid. When can I get a payment for this? I signed up to the microgeneration scheme. I emailed ye about this on the 7/10 and still no answer

ELECTRIC IRELAND reply:Hi, we're sorry to hear this. We are experiencing high volumes of customer contacts at the moment. The first payment will be paid by the end of the year. See here for more information:<snip> - link removed

Post edited by Beasty on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Looks like a virus post above... dont click the link!

What do you mean "looks like a virus post?" That's the official answer I got when I went on the Electric Ireland twitter account. Won't be posting here again if that's the response I get for trying to help people out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are you referring to the t.co link? That is just twitter's link shortener.

I found the link through the post edit log and it is safe. It redirects to this page: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/microgeneration

Thanks for posting your twitter reply Bakka. It seems to be a case of a misunderstanding rather than being unwelcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thx for posting. What email did you send this to? I'm waiting two months for a reply.... multiple emails sent nothing.

Did you ever get a formal email before this saying that they had recvd your nc6 form and accept they will have to pay you fit? I've not heard from them at all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭allinthehead

This was the response I got from them recently.

Thanks for your email. Your tracking number is

You are on the list of customers for the micro generation scheme. You will be backdated from August when the NC6 form was submitted to ESB networks. Do you have a smart meter installed?

Kind regards, 

Electric Ireland

homeinnovation@electricireland.ie

☀️

It was a few things… the visible link took me to a dead page, the hidden tco link looked suspicious and as soon as I posted it the post got edited and it was removed. All reasonable signs of a dodgy link.

No offence intended, just also doing the right thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I think its just a slight misunderstanding. Thanks for posting as I am a ex EI customer. Helpful info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

I posted the below on the Switch Suppliers thread but thought some here might have an answer to it. Mods feel free to delete one of the posts if needs be.

Anyone get a date on Bord Gais paying the first €200 credit? All I get trying to access the supposed link on their site is a 404 error. https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/news/government-electricity-credit I have seen an article https://www.buzz.ie/news/irish-news/200-energy-credit-paid-date-28370179 where all the other suppliers indicate when they are giving it but as usual just like the feed in tarrif Bord Gais are taking the piss by the looks of it.

The best I can make out is it will be between 1st November and 1st of January depending on your billing cycle! How can they get away with the way they just piss down our backs constantly. I see no reason for the credit not to be put on everyone's accounts from all suppliers on the 1st of November like Electric Ireland done.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

I'm Energia not Bord Gais and got this email today (sending in case it helps others):

"Dear Customer, As announced in Budget 2023, all domestic electricity customers will receive a €600 electricity credit (inclusive of VAT) in 3 instalments of €183.49 + VAT between November 2022 and March 2023. The first instalment has been applied to your account and you will see this reflected on your bill between now and 31 December 2022."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

At least your getting it off your next bill if not already received it on the account as credit. Just like the FIT Bord Gais leave people swinging. I'm lucky I have enough credit on my account to wait but there are people out there who are genuinely struggling and the payment might not get into their account until Jan-Feb bills. A feckn joke. I don't want to derail the thread so might leave it there.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Still waiting for my first Energia bill to issue. Joined at the end of August. Was told my bill would be out today (4th) and the €200 would be on it.

No option to submit a meter reading yet either although I did send one to them via twitter and they have added it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're probably lucky. If I remember right, you joined a few days after me. I got my bill last week, the deemed FIT was on it, but not yet the €200 credit. I will probably get that on my next bill at the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

I joined energia 1st september and got my first bill 29th with gas a week or two later!! See my 200 credit on account but no fit credit (have day/night meter) more strangely they sent email today to announce I would shortly get my 'first' bill !

I emailed them at esbnetworks@esb.ie asking them to confirm that my installer had sent in the NC6 form. It was a couple of weeks before they replied, that they had received my NC6 form. Then about 6 weeks later, I had an email from them informing me that their records showed that I had sent in a NC6 form and was entitled to be paid for microgeneration. Their customer service is brutal lately. I emailed them a month ago, asking about payment when I had switched from them. I got no reply, zero. I then went on their twitter account and asked my question again. I then received the above answer the very next day from them. Please see my previous post. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Anyone know if you have to be on a smart meter plan to get FIT payments?

We are with electric Ireland, we have PV, we submitted our NC6 a couple of months ago, we received confirmation of it received off the ESBN, we have a smart meter, we are not on a smart meter plan, we are still on the same plan as when we had the regular meter.

Anyone know if we are eligible for the FIT payments, and if so, how long it takes to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yes you will but it will be a conservative estimate based on some formula which more than likely be less than what you actually exported. To get the full benefit you will need a smart meter.

Now some people will use practically all their PV using batteries etc and export nothing and if they don't have a smart meter they will get an estimated FIT as well so it's good for them.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Thanks for the reply.

Just to reiterate; we have a smart meter already installed, but we are not on a smart meter plan. Are you saying that they still need to estimate the exported amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

My understanding is that if you have the smart meter installed you will get FIT based on actual amount exported, regardless of whether you are on a smart plan or not.

i should find out in the next week or so as my EI account recently expired and am in the same position.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Energia usually email you for the meter reading, and the bill arrives shortly after it.

When do your bills usually land?

You have signed up to the online account too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can't remember when my SSE bills used to come, but I broke contract with them to go to Energia so I wasn't sure of the schedule. I moved around the 30th of August, got my welcome letter dated 9th of September.

They told me via twitter that it would issue on or after the 4th and that my €200 credit was on it, although I don't see that when I log into the app.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Mines the end of Sept/ end Nov etc

Parents switched in start of Sept and was put on the same cadence as me. With a short bill

Our actual meter reads are around that time too, but every 4 months.

My gov credit is showing on my account though

No you don't have to be on a smart meter plan to get FIT. Your smart meter will exactly read and send on to EI, how much kwh you exported back to the grid. I think EI are going to pay FIT every 2 months i.e when you get your 2 monthly bill.

You don’t have to submit via your provider. You can submit direct to ESB Networks here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Anypme remmeber what the energia ev rate was before the october increase ?

I signed up to it a few days before the increase, and i am paying 11c night rsye and 40c day rate, i dont think thats what i signed up to, rhe day rate seems high ?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

check is that the price before the discount is applied. They list the full price and then a seperate line iterm on bill they subtract the discount

Aug 27.43/7.90 (31% disc) -->35.78/10.31(~28 Sep)-->47.77/13.75(~7 Oct-10% disc)

Above figures are after discount is applied and inc vat.

Thanks for the information. I will hold off joining a smart meter plan if its not needed to receive FIT on our smart meter.

We play the waiting game now for Electric Ireland to actually make the payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,462 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Someone has probably answered this before but anyway:

How come a provider can change the contract terms with a price increase, while not giving the costomer an option to leave without being penalised,before it takes effect?

It happens with phone companies, why not electric?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Hi Guys;

Just wondering has anybody been paid by Enerrgia yet.

I rang a few months back when my solar was installed and they said it would be on my next bill (August).

The bill came nothing on it for feed in so then rang them and they said they are hoping it will be on the next bill.

Advertisement