Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ah come off it.

529 dead with only 12 wounded in one day while defending a forest against a helicopter and Grad attack? Something has been lost in translation or this is just a ludicrous lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ukraine seems to be claiming that Russia had 490 casualties in total for the day so the numbers are well out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭macraignil

I just looked at the figures for 490 casualties and that is the daily number for the total AFU estimates up to the 6th of November. The first time I saw this story on social media it was a couple of days back and I think it said the incident happened on the 2nd of November and the daily figures for russian casualties from back then if I remember correctly were about 800 so could match with the estimates from that day but I think it is being reported now on russian media. Hopefully some news of this getting back to russia will help people there see what type of leader they have in putin.

Post edited by macraignil on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭zv2

Around 4000 Russians dying every week...I suppose most are mobilized cannon fodder.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

It's bollocks. A ratio of 50 killed to 1 wounded in a single day of combat is absurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(22:34). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

Dundalk, Co. Louth

The real story of the Russian setback is in Pavlivka, not Makiivka. Numerous Russian Telegram channels are seriously pissed at what happened there, not only that, but there is numerous video/photo evidence to show the grisly outcome of the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Regardless of what the rest of the world does, the people of Ukraine will never forgive or forget what Russia has done to them, even generations from now. Even if the current Ukrainian advances are reversed, (unlikely in the extreme) and Russian not only regains their losses, but manage to take over Ukraine, the resultant resistance will make what happened to the Russians in Afghanistan seem like a child's picnic compared to what the Ukrainian resistance will do to them in Ukraine. Bearing in mind that the Ukrainian resistance will be better armed and more experienced than the Afghans ever were. Until they are returned, the kidnapped children will be a permanent flame keeping their anger and resolve alive. In terms of Russian deaths and injuries in Afghanistan,15'000 dead and 35'000 injured. This figure has been surpassed multiple times already. What will the occupation of Ukraine cost financially? the Afghan occupation bankrupted Russia. All this talk about the US discussing peace terms etc.... all just talk, putting the US on the morally correct side of the argument, as in " we pushed hard for peace" but at the same time still supplying Ukraine with what it needs to defeat the Russian's. Actions speak louder than words. Bear in mind that a destroyed and weakened Russia (at or at least under its present management) is the desired result for the west and the US. (China and India too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭macraignil

I'm only going off the social media link to this story I saw a couple of days back with almost the exact same casualties, but there was no mention in that of it just being a single helicopter and GRAD attack. The story I saw was that the new recruits were told they were being sent to Svetova a bit back from the front lines but they were actually dropped right on the front lines where the Ukrainians were expecting them and had lots of weapons lined up to attack the invaders as they were told to dig in a place that looks to have been a very poor choice of position. I don't think this was a typical combat situation but more putin wanting to plug a gap with whatever was available.

Also seen a video post I think from the Pavlivka area where some AFU soldiers were saying goodbye to their relatives as they were going to take as many russians with them as they could even though they were almost out of bullets due to the numbers of russians being sent at them. Hope they got some reinforcements before the russian made any more progress.

Post edited by macraignil on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭zv2

Not really. If they were lambasted with artillery a few on the fringes might escape with the rest annihilated.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The regime went into Ukraine with the aim of occupying it in three days and that it would be in the Russian sphere of influence forever more. The Ukrainian people would just have to "suck it up" from their new Russian masters - just as the 150m serfs back home have to do.

It never occurred to them for even a moment that the war might be lost and that Russia might have to handle the fallout of losing a war to their smaller neighbour.

Please start a new thread. Clearly not the right one here.

The nationalists are in control pretty much everywhere in the professional class. Turns out having a closed shop/job for life in the traditional industries wasn’t a great idea. NI loyalists have been failed by NI… but somehow these are going to be targeted for revenge in a UI. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Well if Putin thought sending young men and middle aged old guys to war with no correct training not to mentions lack of gear ... Well the out come to that can now be seen. Its no wonder the Ukrainian president was at a loss for words last week. The true and compleat loss to Russia in this war may never be known as the Russians are well known for cover ups. Its time some one in Moscow called a spade a spade and went against Putin.

Dan.

Don’t know why the best part of 500 untrained Russian soldiers all lined up in a row couldn’t be cannon fodder. Does anyone think any decent Russian officers were attached to such a brigade?

Command probably given to the nearest glasses wearing Mobik.

Now add an attack helicopter and battle hardened UAF… could easily be carnage. Only reason 29 survived was they were the best at running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Throwing in wave after wave was standard soviet military practice in WW2. The idea was to ultimately wear down the less numerous side even if the cost in lives is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Looks like the conflict is at a standstill in terms of territory. Winter is getting ever closer so you'd think Ukraine need maximum return on their opportunities over the next couple of weeks and take back what they can.

Hoping they can give a final push before the weather closes in.

The Winter will be stalemate I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Rawr

Pretty much this. As grim as it is to consider, a crowd of untrained kids with barely any armor, clumping together in whatever half-dug hole they managed to cobble together for defense, is going to be light work to a couple of munitions.

An AFU unit with fire control of the area probably could kill a trench filled with dosens of Russians in moments with a couple of mortars. Add the Ukrainian shooters and apparently a helicopter (some kind of gunship?), and a unit of panicking conscripts are toast. Counting the dead is something they’ll only be able to estimate at best right now. Can’t imagine it’s easy to make an accurate count in that chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Best let em believe what they want in my humble opinion.

Mad thread altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just like no one should take seriously reactivated dormant accounts

especially threadbanned ones...

There are probably far right types scattered everywhere : in the British army, the US army, the French army, the Polish army etc. I'm not sure anything can be read into though, it's just a reflection of broader society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The Germans were in Russia, with no supply lines… very different situation… I’m not sure if this strategy will be effective

I've been watching a few of the recent 1420 videos (vox pops) on YouTube in the last couple of days. The level of brainwashing and lack of self awareness of the pro-Putin and pro-war types in Moscow and elsewhere is off the scale. Even Russian expats are saying in the comments they are appalled and describe the interviewees as "zombies".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

As far as the Ukrainians are concerned if the Russians are not pushed all the way back across the Kerch Strait, they'll just come back for more in a few years.

They keep talking about Crimea in spring or summer next year, and I'm inclined to believe that they mean it. When they do there are going to be a lot of recent immigrants getting the **** out of dodge before the people they displaced come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Have a guess what happens when shells and rockets explode in a forest....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'd say the cause of most conflicts is acquisition of resources by force. All your symbolisms are merely attempts to try and hide this fact.

Theft dressed up in fine clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Was it the Ardennes forest where the Germans were actually targeting the trees and not the allied troops as they knew the tree splinters would cause more casualties than the actual artillery impacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Getting hit by a 50c or 30mm cannon will not make identification easy. It's grim alright. On top of that unguided rocket pods stuff like that. I really don't want to think about it to much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Lots and lots of big. sharp splinters. And falling trees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement