Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

we currently get Christmas day , Stephens day and new year's day. Because Christmas is Sunday this year we will be off sat 24th, Sun 25th, Mon 26th ,tue 27th(for Xmas day) and mon 2nd ( for new years day). all other time would have to be taken out of annual leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ELK_1992

Thank you so much for this. I’m in the low 40s for inter D, 90s for open in Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mr lebowski

This may be a silly question but if your leaving cert results aren't what's required for the open panel a FETAC level 5 course is hardly sufficient to qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Splash2022

Someone mentioned qualifications required for the interdepartmental competition. I had just presumed you just needed 2 years service in the Civil Service to qualify. I never looked when i applied. I did my leaving cert in the 80s. I didn't do any higher level subjects! I do have an Accounting Technician Diploma which is Level 6. Would this qualify me? I also looked at the HEO competition and it doesn't mention leaving cert qualifications only 2 years service so I'm very confused. Hoping someone can clarify this for me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Interdepartmental quals are different to open.

• Advertisement

The information booklet says that you have to have 2 years in civil service plus the educational qualifications. That's what is confusing me. It says..........be serving as a Civil Servant with at least two years’ service and have obtained at least five subjects in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination (including Mathematics and Irish or English), three of which should be minimum Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) at Higher level, the others should be at a minimum Grade D (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary level; or have passed an examination(s) which would be acceptable to the Public Appointments Service as being of at least an equivalent standard to the Established Leaving Certificate.

The educational requirements appear to be the same for open and interdepartmental. I know of EOs who don't have a degree so I'm thinking this is a new requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

Re: Dublin Interviews

Where are they up to now with Dublin interviews? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

That’s from the Open booklet. Those quals correspond to the open stream. In other words civil servants with 2 years service with those quals would be eligible on the open. These quals would generally apply to current EOs who may want to go for it to change depts or something but wouldn’t be eligible for interd as they are a currently serving EO

There is a separate circular for the Interdepartmental stream. DPER issue this to local HRs who in turn email it out to staff. It’s not published because you have to be a current serving civil servant in a grade below an EO with at least 2 years service by the closing date, no quals for the interdepartmental stream. Interdepartmental streams are promotional streams so you have to be a currently serving in a grade below. Hence they aren’t published outside the civil service. HEO comp is another example of such.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thejollyhen

Can anyone advise if you pass the interview, does you OOM change depending on how you scored in the interview? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if and when I can expect to be called for interview for Dublin open?

I am in the mid 500s OOM.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ainebyrne97

I'm in the 300's and still haven't been called yet seems to be very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

You will 100% be called, it’s not moving that slow. They’ve called around 300 already and results were only issued in august, I’d say January or February and you’ll get an invitation to interview. They called a few thousand the last time for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

Thankyou both for responding.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Yup, I got in on CO 2020 and after you pass the interview you get a ‘batch number’ and a new OOM.

So if you’re part of the fourth group of people to be called up for interview in your chosen county and you score third highest out of that group of interviewees, then going forward you’ll be Batch 4, OOM 3

Thank you for your reply 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

Hi @thejollyhen, I know for CO 2022 they did not issue new OOM's following interview, not sure what they are doing in the comp

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

My oom in this competition changed following successful interview

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Has anyone received an invitation to interview in Nov. yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

It does I went from 250s after tests to 50s after interview

Thank you for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CreativeCrafter3

Hi All, is there any movement on the Longford and Westmeath panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I've just sent an email to PAS about Westmeath and Offaly, will update here with reply when received

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Just received this

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinseldreamz

Just had my interview there, jesus I flunked that. Felt like I was waffling. I'm really sick at the moment as well so that didn't help things. Anyone have any words of encouragement where you felt you did badly but still passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Maybe you didn't do as badly as you think you did. My brother in law did a local authority interview a few years back and thought it was a disaster, the worst interview of his life he says, but ended up placing very high on the panel. Best of luck to you regardless.

Mine is coming up and I am dreading it!!

Hi tinseldreamz, I had my interview today also and have mixed feelings on how it went. It was extremely fast paced. Fingers crossed we will get positive result!

I'm 302 for the interdepartmental in Dublin. Does anyone know how many were called in the first batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LauraLyn

Hello everyone,

I was recenty asked to provide statement of unemployment from revenue. Does anyone know how to do it through revenue.ie.?????

Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement