Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

Seems to be doing full ground mount system installs as well.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CountryExile

Thoughts on this quote please

7.9kWp Solar PV system

PV Modules: 20no. JA Solar 395W All Black

Inverter: 1no. Solis 5kW Hybrid inverter

Slate roof mounting kit 

Cable

AC and DC Isolators

Projoy fireman switch

Generation meter

Full Installation and Commissioning

€10,215

1 Eddi Immersion heater Diversion switch (using excess energy to deliver for hot water during summer months)

€850

1 Rosen 200Ah 10kWh Battery Full Installation and Commissioning

€6,300

Total: €17,365

Post edited by CountryExile on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dan6

The way prices are now it's not bad but get a 6kw inverter. Batteries are a bit expensive and the eddi is as well. No grant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I actually think the prices are pretty good. The panels are farily close to the €1.2K/1Kwp guideline, and the battery rocks in at €1,260/2Kwhr, so not mental off. But yeah, with nearly 8Kwp in panels, I'd also be pushing for a 6Kw inverter.

The Eddi I'd pass on getting one. I have one myself, and sure, it's nice an all (€500 when I got mine), but for €850 you could heat the immersion manually EVERYDAY for 3 years for that! Generally EDDI's aren't ever a financially positive thing - albeit that's not to say that you should NEVER get one. Convenience is a good thing too.

Battery you'd have to do your sums - but gernally you would want to have a above average (4500Kwhr/year) to make a 10Kwh viable.

Thanks for responses.

Use about 8000 kWh per year (air to water, everything in house is electric). Wired for electric car charging so consideration for potentially down the line). Night rate meter also and use approx 33% at night rate. East west configuration.

No grant here, UK installer

• Registered Users Posts: 43 poolfandar

Has anyone gotten a ground mount system installed? €2500 extra for the ground mount system for 20 x 400w panels?

I thought it would be easier not to have to go on the roof!!

Total inc 20 panels, ground mount, solis single phase 5g inverter, 5 kw battery 14,740 after grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 saccaromyces

Finally having mine fitted, 2 to 3 days. So will be finished the weekend

18x 370w panels, 1x 6kwh inverter. 1x5kwh dyness battery and all that goes with it.

Stand drilled into ground. Chanel dug for wires, path cut out. Entrance into loft.

Fire board erected in loft inverter fitted plus battery, wired down to fuse board.

Panels erected on top of stand, should be finished today. Mine worked out about 2.5k more expensive, maybe because of grant, but I couldn't put on roof. And everybody I spoke to in the game said they would always do ground mounts for themselves. Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

I'm sure it's a problem or frowned upon if installers of a system seen you had a battery in place already.

Say something like this...

€ 1.264,80 40%OFF | 48V 200Ah 100AH LiFePO4 Battery Pack Lithium Ion Battery Powerwall 32 Parellel 10KW 5KW 6000 Cycle 200A BMS CAN/RS485 For Solar

Probably want their own or they might not be able to communicate with it or the risk it could damage their side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Keep looking it can be bettered, the inverter should be 6kwh.

That was one of my questions actually - I've 'air to water' system heating water during the summer so why would I use Eddi when this option is relatively cheap already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

And when you say no grants is that because you’re in the UK? Or you’re ROI and the installer is registered in UK so they are not SEAI registered? If so you’ll lose up to 2.4k for solar grant and 600 quid for car charger grant. That’s not to your benefit when the grant is available! Apols if answered elsewhere and I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My installer was in the UK, most are also registered in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

I have a ground source heat pump and the Eddi is something that I am ticking and unticking ... get it and have it or is it not better to let the HP do its own thing as its more efficient with energy (COP of 4), my hot water is tweaked now not to only come on at 43C and off at 47C so the immersion is hardly if coming on at all now. Have read you can wire up the Eddi with relays to allow the heatpump to priorities its own work, water etc, but if there was surplus that the Eddi could switch on.

Hard to know some would say the power from the eddi is free thermal heating etc. They say it can carry up to a 3.7kW load I have one salesman tell me I could load the kitchen appliances off it or the heat pump....but then could the battery delivery that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

I'd suggest drop the Eddi. I dropped ours the week before our install and am happy with that decision. You have a system that heats hot water with a higher COP that the Eddi. And you'll get ~15c for excess back on FIT. So the purpose of the Eddi (hot water on demand) isn't needed for you. Plus it could get confusing knowing what is heating the water.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Doesn't sound like a eddi is a great option for you.

And to clear up, eddi can only be used on purely resistive loads, no electronics

Eg immersion, storage heaters, possibly oil radiators.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Silverdream

I notice a lot of the systems been quoted for are well above grant size. Do you still get the grant up to their limit if you fit a system much bigger.

Also is their a limit to the size you can go, I have a large south facing slope at the back of the house so I'd like to maximise the installation. Just do it once and have it big enough.

Maximum grant is €2400. My advice is go big ie 6kwh to 7kw on the panels.

6kw on the inverter.

5kwh minimum on the battery if your getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alineysean

Hi this is nit a bad quote.

Looking for something similar like 12/14 panels (roof limited). Plus battery.

Would be able to send the link for this installer.

Really appreciate.

Great site to discuss and share as I had almost paid 18000 for a 3.8kw system.

Saved by boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Looking for any advice on this quote.

4.05kw Solar PW Array with 6kw Solax X1-G4 Hybrid Inverter & 5.8kwh Solar Triple Power Battery

10x 405w QCell ML-G11 Solar PV Panels

A shade over 12k after grant.

Not sure if this matters but our current usage would be between 6000 and 7000 per year.

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

Just got a quote for a pv system seems to be everything I want 12 panels with everything for 11200 is that a competitive price or not thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

No no battery he said it would power the house first then heat the water and finally send excess electricity back to the grid

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Ok thanks for that. I thought it might be a bit overpriced ok. I'll keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Barkley1977

Hi, I'm looking for people opinion please and thanks in advance. I got a quote today for pv solar. I have air to water, unfloor heating and upgrade all my insulation last year. My yearly electric usage is approx 6600kwh per year.....I was advised today I would only need a 12panel solar pv system and hybrid inverter. So 12 sunpower panels (405w) and Huawei hybrid inverter equals 4.8 system at a cost of 9750 euro after grant. Any thoughts would be great and thanks

It's way too expensive, if getting a hybrid inverter I would opt for a different brand as Huawei are very restrictive adding batteries in the future. I would also try get more panels if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Check out the Installer thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement