Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This week has seen a bit of respite from the constant almost non stop deluges since mid September. Next week is starting to look very wet with big rainfall totals projected once again particularly in western and southern areas. These could trend even wetter over the coming few days. The garden here in Meath is still like a sponge, not a chance of giving that lawn one final cut before the winter, the mower would just sink into the ground leaving rings of mud all over the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another 82-100 in Cork City, thats insane. The ground physically cant take anymore I don't think haha. Big shower again this morning and it just flew down the hill next to my house and onto the road, ground is full of water

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah looking like the Atlantic will be too much influence for the high pressure to successfully build in to give a significant dry period but still time for changes though I must admit I am clutching at straws here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We need a dry spell now. I am seeing flooding/waterlogging in places that I have not seen in a long time. Recent winters have given us wet months but we always get dry spells to bring down the water levels. I am always afraid of the time where we get significant rain from Oct-Mar.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo is just like it normally is. Cork is an accident waiting to happen. Floods every year and they do nothing. Is there any city in Europe that just allows this happen. 17c now forecast for most of the 2nd half of the week. Junevember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

This week has seen 'a bit of a 'respite'? Coming close to 80mm here in Galway since the start of the month. 😂 and over 100mm since the start of this particular spell of weather (since Oct 27th)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭almostthere12

2009 is waiting to happen in Cork again but everything is delayed in the courts through our appeals process so there will be no flood relief until all of that is sorted through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Don't know if it's good or not but one thing I've noticed are plants are still growing. I planted Cabbages back on the 20th Sept and they're already getting heads forming the the middle. Himalayan Honeysuckle that should be dying back is still growing shoots.

Does anyone remember Halloween back in the 80's. Cold days with watery sunlight and frost. Most of the leaves would be off the trees and you'd be bundled up when heading out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fine evening in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Possible interesting weather ahead Monday the 14th or Tuesday the 15th November next week.

There's the possibility of a significant storm for the west coast of Ireland or maybe even the whole of ireland or maybe even it won't even get near here and stay out off the west coast and miss us entirely. There's an intrusion of artic air with a low pressure system and heat from the south and east just edging it.

ECM and GEM has it affecting us and the GFS has it just west of us.

GEM looks nasty enough.

Early days and all that still ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Yesterday afternoon the ECM had some crazy rainfall total for the SE on Tuesday, like 36cm or something! It was gone on the next run but the models clearly starting to pick up a significant event for Monday night/Tuesday morning. The GEM has a very wild spell in the SW in that window, pushing 130kmph gusts in West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann weather warning

South to southwest winds will become very strong on Thursday with gusts up to 110 km/hr⚠️

Affected Regions: Galway and Mayo

Issue Time: Tuesday 8/11/2022 20:31

Expected Onset: Thursday 10/11/2022 11:00

Expires: Thursday 10/11/2022 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

ECM, GFS, UKMO and GEM all showing a significant wind event now for next Monday/Tuesday with timings, intensity and positioning still varying between them. Still though that's a lot of cross model consensus for one week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Aw no I'm flying back into Dublin Tuesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

woo hooo glorious day here in Cork City wayyy heyyyy

hope the sun is shining where ever you are

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Going to get mild with temperatures staying around 13 or 14 and not dropping by night, very little difference between max and min.

Casement IMT is currently 9.4c and Shannon 10c and this is BEFORE mild spell.

Incredibly mild Autumn alright. Today was nice too but the rain is back in Galway. Flooding is becoming a real risk now - I'll post some water level stats later.

I'm in the Canadian rockie mountains and it's - 21c, literally like being in a freezer, i took my shoes off and all steam off my feet gaga

Athlone has passed the median flood level. Not a good start to Autumn/Winter for the midlands.

Realtime waterlevel

• Advertisement

Sorry i keep posting in here but i had to put this up, frozen waterfall

Very windy and wet in Cork this morning after a nice day yesterday, seems to be no end to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

14⁰ Meath. Tshirt morning at 630am for a run; some drizzle and a breeze.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

16c at Eglinton/L'Derry AP at 0700. Summer's back!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

15C in Tralee, bright, humid and windy. Mad weather.

Wind gusting to 93kph in Belmullet and 15c. In June it was 13c or 14c. Going to be teens until at least Sunday and possibly after that. No real cold weather yet forecast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

incredibly mild outside, it's warmer outside the house than inside the house!

17C currently in parts of Northern Ireland.

Wonder will Eamon Ryan ban cars completely after November's heatwave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

The daffodils will be out soon 🤣

I suppose it’s better to have this incredibly mild weather in Nov rather than Dec although who’s to say it won’t be 17c on Christmas Day!

• Advertisement

Shannon AP reporting 17c at 1300.

Advertisement