Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Does the butcher sell craft sausages for the coddle so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭squonk

I disagree with those parking in disabled spaces when they’re not entitled to however if you see this happening, report the incident to the establishment or whoever is handing parking at that location. Going in to sort the matter yourself is just stupid. You come across as a busybody and you might be morally right but have no standing when it comes to enforcing any parking rules for that location. I bet this cawlur is a very self satisfied kind of chap. I may be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Hitchens

...and what about the Clontarf barber who's not cutting hair any longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Think this was missed the other day - blinded as we were by his ensemble so to speak:

Broadcaster and author Joe Duffy has proposed that the 40 children who died in the Easter Rising be remembered by a memorial.

Mr Duffy and public sculptor Orla de Brí have put forward a three metre high bronze piece comprising of 40 young hearts which reflects on to a three metre long length of bronze on the ground with the names of the children engraved.

The piece would be lit and landscaped with an explanation positioned nearby. Neither the location nor funding has been secured for the proposed memorial though negotiations are under way to achieve both.

Mr Duffy said he hoped the memorial would be in place by the end of the Decade of Centenaries next year.

And who will pay for this? The British Government I'm sure seeing as it was their army dat shooted and kilt de chislers.🙄

More of his vanity-project nonsense designed to make him look presidential. 🙄

So many questions:

Who is he in discussions on this with?

Who appointed him?

What is his relationship to the sculptor?

Who is paying for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Up there with the jeweller in Fairview who Joe loves to remind us pierces your ears while you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WIN a copy of one of Joe's Bukes!

To win your exclusive copy of any one of Joe's Bukes send your name, address, a cheque, postal order, or ideally cash to the value of EUR25 to

Joe Duffy, RTE, Donnybrook, Dubalin 4 and dat and answer de simple question below.

Which of de following (A or B) is de traditional Sunday attire of De Ballyfermot Gentleman:

First Prize - wan of Joe's Bukes

Second Prize - two of Joe's Bukes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

We all know Joe's penchant for women who kill men. This will be manna from heaven for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

On the news there... "coming up as twitter FIRES hundreds of staff, Facebook plans LAYOFFS, and Stipe CUTS its workforce" , the little nuances of speech

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I reckon a few brown envelopes may be passed around 🤔

Other colour envelopes may also be used,as not to be discriminating as all envelopes are as good as each other, (but the brown ones do hold a lot more,) so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 25,215 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement

You can imagine, that Joe's hat was in the bargain bin for years in Louie Copelands, Just about to get binned and Louie says hold on, leave it beside the gaudy waistcoats and cravats I've a working class man of the people calling in for a freebie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Nothing to stop Duffoon building some yoke out his back garden with old pallets, tin foil and cheap solar lights from Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Tow

Listening to da news, de country is banjaxed, banjax I tell ya.

De gov forgetting da 30% of corpo tax comes from de internet companies!

De magic money tree is dieing, so to speek....

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I reckon it'll be college abuse for the whole show, Joe ready for a bit of self relief 🤔 after a day off

• We have far too few disabled spaces in Ireland compared to UK. I remember this particularly when bringing my wheelchair user mother around Cornwall, and we’d be stopping off to buy food in supermarkets. Local small Tesco had 8 big disabled parking spaces by the shop, all of them empty until we took one, displaying blue badge. Here we tend to have a token number of such spaces just so shop/centre can tick a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Denny61

The contact butcher and his customers the walker brothers won't get a look in ..it will.all be about the priests fiddling with the young lads. Joe loves an auld scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Whistling past the graveyard bigtime, expect to see barney and beany on the plinth any day now mouthing nothing to see here to the assembled "journalists"

And we are off

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm guessing he will throw in de 1916 today at some stage.

• Advertisement

• Joe doesn’t usually bother with the warnings of the macabre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Tow

We are off on the Rock Boys..

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Being driven home, if they're lucky enough? What you mean by dat, Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Bad line but story is too juicy (for de host) to drop de call.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

This is really depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

joe repeats the name after cawlur saying he didnt want to say his name, typical Joe.

• Advertisement

• Repulsive man, the priest, that is.

Advertisement