Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah yeah, just depends on the mood really! I've totally gone off big AAA games so the Switch has proven to be a great thing to go with instead.

Couldn't get into Elden Ring at all. I've played all the Souls games but I think my thumbs are just jaded with that style of game at this point 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Elden ring is amazing and I didn't like the Souls games! Sure im playing it through again after playing nearly 180 hours the first time!

I have a modded switch my partner has a switch and my son has a lite so there's plenty of representation for it in our house as well haha. I cycle to work majority of the week so I don't even have the chance to play it on the Luas or bus or anything like that.

If they ever bother to announce a new proper Mario game ill be on it day one and I'm sure ill put many hours in the new Zelda but other then that most of what comes to switch id be interested in is either a very small indie game or something that's been watered down that I can play a better version of on another machine. It just annoys me how much they focus so much on the Japanese farming sims and rpg anime type games there taking over every presentation these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My main console now is my Steam Deck so my Switch is seeing less and less use, but there's still some great stuff on it that you can't play anywhere else - Xenoblade 3 is incredible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm delighted with Radiant Silvergun, plays very well, just as good as the Saturn original.

I play my Switch more than any other console.

My son plays mostly Switch as well, but also Xbox Series X.

Then again, he's deep into Destiny 2 on Stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

E3 returns in person in 2023 from June 13th-16th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

That should mean Nintendo won't be skipping their traditional June Direct next year as they did this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tune in on 09/11 at 17:00 UK time for a new Indie World Showcase featuring roughly 25 minutes of information on upcoming indie games headed to Nintendo Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn was really hoping for Advance Wars news

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My solicitor informs me I'm obliged to respond to this news with "... Silksong?" 😂

Metroid Prime 4 is indie, right? Just need something from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Super Mario Odyssey 2

Or Super Mario World 2

Or Super Mario Galaxy 3

That's indie, right ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They certainly are!

They are Indie release schedule for 2024!

*I'll get my coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starts in 10 minutes.

Rogue Legacy 2 out today. 🙂

Sports Story is out next month too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like it is indeed the sequel to Golf Story. Looking forward to this - anyone who hasn't played Golf Story and enjoys either JRPGs, Golf games - or both! - might want to check it out. The sequel's scope looks majorly expanded.

I see indie darling Inscryption is also due out on December 1.

Hopefully less talking and awkward Chris Pratt videos beforehand this time

Loads of fan service in that trailer.

Not available on its own yet.

Trailer starts at around 27:50. Direct starts at about 25:35

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

A lot of care has gone into it!

Discussion points are DK’s redesign, Mario’s incompetence & Princess ‘Mary Sue’ Peach

• Advertisement

Going by that trailer it's like they're sticking everything in which is not a good idea. Can become so focussed on putting in things fans might want to see that they have no room for a decent story.

This looks like a mess. The humour is awful. Unless there is something else novel or unique that they are not showing ... this looks like a really bad movie.

The Luigi stare memes from Mario Kart 8 had a lot more personality in them. In fact the slow mo Mario Kart 8 replays have much more humour and fun than this movie.

Also, Mario falling asleep in Mario 64. Way better than this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That just reminded me there haven't been any new Mario Kart tracks for ages. Turns out it's cos they're out next week.

Wahey!

Nintendo are doing little mini directs all week called "Inside the House of Indies". Each one showcases 4 games, many of which are out now. Some great looking games here....

First two presentations:

The last one to be Sports Story, which is still due to launch this month?

That's the rumour (/expectation!)

Day 3... Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator, Sonority (out now), Tin Hearts, Sail Forth (out now)

Day 4. Melatonin (out now), Afterimage, Smile for Me, Hyper Gunsport (out now)

Day 5 and the worst kept secret is revealed. Sports Story is out now (plus 3 other games next year).

• Advertisement

Expecting a direct in February but I’m also expecting a dedicated Tears of the Kingdom direct ahead of May.

It’ll be very hard to surpass the, still amazing, launch trailer for Breath of the Wild. That trailer still gives me goosebumps.

Advertisement