Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steeples, Chapelizod

Options
  • 08-11-2022 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all

I’m currently viewing properties and notice The Steeples in Chapelizod constantly has properties for sale.

I see from threads that there were anti-social issues about ten years ago but can’t see anything about it more recently. I’ve been around the area a few times and always seems quiet.

Anyone know anything about the estate?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭pjordan

I lived there for about 3 months and it was grand but that was 20 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Same as previous poster, I lived there many years ago. I moved in when it was first built (1996), into one of the blocks that backed on to Sarsfield road. Constant anti social issues. Was burgled twice (once the front door was broken into smithereens with a hatchet on a Saturday night), car broken into many times and used to lie in bed every night listening to rocks bouncing off the walls as the local kids tried to smash the windows. Had to get perspex windows put in the back as I was having them broken every weekend. Soundproofing was non-existent - I could hear the person upstairs going to the loo! Thought I'd never get out. Stuck it out for 18 months.

Another issue was the driveway into the complex. It is so steep that every winter if it snowed or was icy you couldn't get the car up or down the slope. There was talk of installing underground heating but none of the residents would pay. There were also constant issues with non-payment of management fees, particularly from the houses who didn't feel they should pay anything.

A cousin of mine is living (renting) in one of the blocks at the entrance to the estate and doesn't really have anti social issues, but does have problems with loud neighbours and also the insulation of the apartment is really bad. Windows are basic single glazed and heating is storage heaters that are insufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Oh my god, that sounds horrific!

Glad to hear the anti-social issues have been sorted. I understood it was being used as a rat-run to get from Ballyfermot to the Liffey but the gateway has been blocked off in recent years, a lot of CCTV has been installed and fencing to stop people climbing into the estate…

But if noise and sound-insulation is a big issue that’s another thing. Eek.

Thanks so so much for the info!

Advertisement